“Good stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Citadines on Bourke Melbourne

You added Citadines on Bourke Melbourne to your Saves list
Citadines on Bourke Melbourne
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   131-135 Bourke Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia   |
Special Offer
Advance Purchase
Ranked #31 of 173 Hotels in Melbourne
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Geneva, Switzerland
“Good stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2010

Opened less than a month ago, this hotel did not disappoint, everything was clean and new. Great view from our 23rd floor 2 bedroom apt over the city. Beds were comfortable, room was clean and quiet. Service was efficient.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (326)
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2010

I spent a 3-night weekend at the new Citadines on Bourke and really enjoyed the stay. My partner and I have a 3 year old so with the fantastic rates being offered due to the hotel just having opened, we opted for the 1-bedroom Premier room which was fantastic. Very spacious, plenty of room for us all and with a complete kitchen, it's a great hotel and as I have done several long-stay trips in the past I'd be more than comfortable here for prolonged periods as well. Obviously as the property is absolutely brand-new (as in complete new build) everything worked, was clean and in its place. I wasn't crazy about the eerie yellow/green decor throughout though - I don't think it will age well at all but comfort trumps colour schemes in my book any day. And despite the check-in where the woman attending to us seemed a bit cool in her reception, overall the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. My only complaint would be that apparently the larger apartments come with queen beds, while the smaller studios come with king sized beds. Why they put the smaller bed in the bigger apartment is beyond me. The aforementioned check-in woman explained that because the 1-bedroom apartments have a separate sleeping room they put the smaller bed in there. That doesn't make any sense to me, why should I not get a big bed when I'm buying a bigger room? In any case, I'd highly recommend this hotel for any length of stay, but I'm sure the terrific introductory rates won't last long so best to get booking soon!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

We stayed here with our 2 boys for 2 nights to catch the Wallabies and catch up with friends. The location is fantastic - trams at your doorstep, walking distance to the mall and so many shops , cafes and restuarants nearby.

Check in was smooth and our 2br apartment had everything we needed ( Kids beds needed to be remade as singles, but this was done immediately). The decor is funky and being brand new - everything is so clean. We thought the beds were really comfy (great reading lights attached beside the bed) and the new sheets were yummy. Plenty of storage space, fully equipped kitchen(Fisher and Paykel fridge and dish drawer) and flat screen TV with cable but no ipod dock. Wired internet in the room but there was a charge I think. Toiletries were limited to shampoo, soap and shower gel, but the bathrooms are groovy.

The pool, gym and sauna are great, we made good use of them.

We would definitely stay here again. The teething problems will sort themselves out - my bedside light needed a new globe - they ran out of globes as so many didn't work, but this is really minor compared to the value, location and cleanliness of the aparthotel. We prefer an apartment to a hotel so this is perfect for us - if you need hotel services, you would be better staying at a hotel. The pictures are a accurate reflection of what to expect.

We had a couple of great meals - Pellegrinis is just up the road and Chilli Cafe on Exhibition St. So many funky spots around this area, you won't be disappointed.

Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
canberra
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

Hotel is nice and new, Location is pretty good, close to Bourke street mall and easy walk to anywhere in CBD, and MCG. A good restaurant right next door.
Tram directly out front of building takes you down to Docklands and Etihad stadium. Had a problem first night with A/C, however the staff could not have been better, helped us change rooms and came with us to check that other rooms A/C was working.

Would recommend for a trip to footy, shopping etc

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

This is a new hotel and has its problems. The staff are not yet up to speed in terms of guest relations and its rooms are very empty and sterile. I have stayed at the Citadines in Tokyo and that was a fantastic hotel. While this place looks very similar it has a long way to go to meet the grade as a great place to stay. For example the toiletries (soap etc) in the room were practically non-existent, not even a box of tissues. However, it is worth noting how clean the rooms were, which is great.

Also I had an "Executive Room" costing extra which I think is a bit of a scam as there didnt appear to be any difference from their Standard rooms. The price was ok for Melbourne city, but I paid less in Tokyo. This would probably be a good place for a longer visit as the rooms come with a small kitchen and it could potentially be a great place if the management sorted out the staff glitches and unnecessary penny pinching.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2010

My teenage daughter and I stayed here on a short shopping/cultural trip to Melbourne. The staff were friendly and welcoming and housekeeping were very obliging. The new and well furnished rooms were good and had everything we required. The only thing I did not really like was that the washbasin was not in the bathroom but in the living area so no privacy if one was sharing with a non family member. The beds were not that comfy either or, not as supremely comfy as I have experienced in other similar hotels. The new sheets were a bit scratchy and I am sure they will improve after a few more washes but a higher quality thread count would have been better. The gym, swimming pool and sauna were an added bonus and impressively kitted out. The location is one of its best features as in a good spot at the Paris end of Bourke Street close to good restaurants and theatres and, within a comfortable walking distance of all city attractions.
If they stick to their opening good value for money prices, I would definitely choose to stay there on all my frequent, subsequent trips to Melbourne.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Utrecht
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2010

During my 5 days in the hotel (11-16th July) I experienced almost no problems. Rooms are well equipped, comfortable, and most of the time quiet (in the first day three different staff members knocked on my door...once to check the TV, then the safe...kept waking me up). The hotel is very clean.
I also very much enjoyed the pool and gym. Location is perfect.

The only complaint I have is regarding the very strickt check out time. I asked to check out at 1pm and they gave me really hard time. I thought that after 5 nights there they would be a bit more generous...

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

Been to Citadines on Bourke Melbourne? Share your experiences!