“New inclusion; Free Internet and Wi-Fi!!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Citadines on Bourke Melbourne

Save Saved
You added Citadines on Bourke Melbourne to your Saves list
Citadines on Bourke Melbourne
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   131-135 Bourke Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia   |
Offers & Announcements
Stay 3 Nights & Save 20%
Ranked #33 of 171 hotels in Melbourne
Adelaide, Australia
“New inclusion; Free Internet and Wi-Fi!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Firstly I want to mention free Wi-Fi!!!! Like a great Score, started January 2013!!! I'm a regular jet setter who stays at 5 star hotels or resorts but none of them have offered free Internet use. It was exciting to see here. The Wi-Fi was very slow so go downstairs and use one of their 3 Computers.
A group of us came to Melb on an adventure weekend and had a blast, it was great to come back to a comfortable atmosphere and bed. We stayed at Citadines for three days.
When we first arrived we were given the key cards to the top floor, two bedroom Standard apartment (level 25) room 2505. The views were amazing and all rooms had windows facing out into the city. The apartment itself is nothing amazing but it did the basics of a simple stay. I was surprised there was no laundry as all the other apartment complexes I've stayed at had this as a standard feature. There was a self serve laundry service but after purchasing tokens etc it would have cost $10 for a wash load, sort of crazy to be honest.
Counter staff were fantastic and polite at all times, really made the stay more enjoyable.
Unfortunately though I did not give this hotel top marks like the other places I've stayed at simply because the cleanliness was not up to hotel standard. It wasn't necessarily bad cleaning, but when I first hopped into my bed there were long hairs on the pillows and brown stains on the sheets. Lipstick on the doors and I'm a fella so I know it wasn't me..... Unless I was drunk trying to be a drag queen!!?! It was definitely from another set of patrons. Just some fine attention to detail would have made this room perfect. There is no room service on Sundays so be prepared, we had no problem with this but I think others would.
I never made a complaint to housekeeping but they were very co operative.
The hotel interior looks new and the amenities looked new in the apartment so there was no wear and tear evident at all.
The kitchen is very impressive and you have all the utensils you need for a good home cooked tea and dishwasher, with a large fridge.
The main bathroom floor was leaking water whenever I had a shower, i aussume a leak in the shower floor window, this will need to be looked at in the future.
There is a lap pool and small gym down in level one. A great, efficient elevator system. Didn't need to wait for a lift very long at all... Very impressed as some hotels you can wait for ages just to hop into a lift.
Location was excellent right near Hungrys, KFC and China town restaurants surround this part of the CBD. There is a tram stop directly outside the main entrance and taxis are always waiting outside, very convenient location.
There was a night club right next to the Citadines entrance and there was a lineup but the club patrons were ok and you needed a swipe card to get into the lobby. It was safe inside the buildings at all times.
Value for money was not too bad at all $320 for a 2 bedroom apartment, quite a steal really.
Now..... Would I return again??
- answer is no... If I was to stay in an apartment I would assume it comes with a washing machine after all that's what self serve apartments are all about! But overall was a great stay and I would still recommend it to my friends.
Nice work Citadines keep up the good work

• Stayed January 2013

901 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
  • Korean first
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 5 nights early January and thought it was great. Fabulous location with the tram virtually outside the door and only a few minutes walk to the mall. Parliament train station is literally around the corner and China town is only a street away. We stayed in a Studio Executive room on the 20th floor which had everything we needed. The kitchenette was well equipped even though we only made breakfasts. The room was well laid out with a very comfortable king size bed, good sized shower, ironing facilities and access to a paid movie channel. There was also a laundrette across the hallway. We would thoroughly recommend this place.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

The family and I stayed for almost a week.

We loved the location and whilst the hardware is great, the soft ware even better.

Was the first time on holidays in Melbourne for us so we need a lot of help. The front desk staffs were not just really professional but also went out of their way to help. They offered loads of info and great suggestions. They were also very responsive and attentive.

We loved the apartment and the fitness facilities; lap pool, sauna and gym.

You can also get some room service from the Japanese restaurant on the ground floor. The service is fast and efficient.

We were disappointed with the poor quality and instability of the WiFi connection. The service is outsourced. After the fourth call to the service provider I just gave up.

Room Tip: Double check that the WiFi works...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Always clean, with well-presented rooms. Good sized showers, but bathroom a bit unusual, as the basin / vanity outside in the main bedroom, not with the shower and toilet.

Staff friendly and helpful.

Room service only goes to 10pm, which is disappointing.

Ask for a king-bedded room on a high floor.

• Stayed December 2012
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I stayed at Citadines for three nights in early January with my partner and we both loved it. We stayed in a Studio Executive room on the 20th floor and it was spacious and very modern. We never heard any noises from the adjacent rooms - they were either empty or the walls are heavily sound proofed. Either way we were quite happy as we had a peaceful stay.

The location of the hotel is excellent. We bought a 'myki' card for the trams on our first day as we thought we would need to catch a tram to most of the places we wanted to go. However, we hardly used the trams as we found that most of the attractions were within walking distance from the hotel (Melbourne Museum, Queen Victoria Markets, Federation Square etc). The hotel is also close to a City Circle tram stop (free tram). It was great being in the heart of the city but still in a quiet area. The hotel is close to great bars such as Madame Brussels, Cookie and the Croft Institute (although the Croft Institute was unfortunately closed while we were there).

I would definitely stay at Citadines again if I am ever back in Melbourne.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed on 14th floor of this hotel for new year's eve. It was wonderful. The room was very spacious and the shower was huge! The kingsize bed was a wondful surprise, as was how comfortable it was. Pillows are usually an issue with my husband, but he was very happy to find that they were luxurious and the bed linen was lovely and crisp. The whole room was spotlessly clean. The staff (even at 2am) were very helpful. Brilliant location - close to trains and trams. We will stay again next NYE.

Room Tip: Our room did not have a bath, only a shower. Fine for us, but some people like baths.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Bryan L, Manager at Citadines on Bourke Melbourne, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Bernadette C,

Thank you for choosing to welcome the New Year with us at Citadines on Bourke Apart'Hotel.

Please allow me to take this opportunity to thank you for the positive feedback that you have given to our team. Your valued compliments is definitely an encouragement to all of us and will help us in staying continuing to deliver a quality experience to our valued guests..

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future for another memorable stay.

With Kind Regards,

Bryan Loh
Assistant Residence Manager
Citadines on Bourke Melbourne Apart'Hotel
Gosford, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I booked a room with king size bed for 5 nights in late December. Upon arrival booking in was easy no problems. When I checked out my King bed, I found that it was in fact 2 singles pushed together creating a substantial ridge in the middle. I raised this with the front desk and was told that all hotels do this for king beds. I know this is incorrect having slept in true king beds before. After a little back and forth the changed me to a double room wihich at least had a bed without a ridge in the middle. The rooms are clean and well maintained. Location is perfect for city shopping and restaurants especially chinatown.

Room Tip: Double check you bed choice when staying here.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Bryan L, Manager at Citadines on Bourke Melbourne, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear David S,

Thank you for your recent patronage, and for your feedback.

Please be advised that the bedding in our Studios offers a choice of either a queen-size, or a king, which, as you have mentioned, is a "king split", formed by joining two single beds. To ensure the comfort of our guests, the joint is covered by a plush layer. Such bedding also provides the flexibility of converting to twin bedding should the need arise.

I am delighted that our Guest Service team provided you with a satisfactory alternative, and that our location and service enhanced your visit.

My team and I look forward to welcoming your return soon.

Yours sincerely,

Bryan Loh
Assistant Residence Manager
Citadines on Bourke Melbourne Apart'Hotel

Been to Citadines on Bourke Melbourne? Share your experiences!