I recently stayed in a studio executive apartment on the 22nd floor of this hotel, and was quite impressed. The hotel is new and in excellent condition, my room had a great view and was very quiet (almost no street noise, despite being in the very centre of Melbourne) and the small kitchen was functional. I traveled by myself for work and found that the bathroom arrangements worked well, though as other reviewers have noted they're a bit unconventional. The hotel's location is also excellent - trams pass by the front door every five minutes or so, and it takes only about 5 minutes to walk to Burke Street Mall and the cinemas on Collins Street (Federation Square is 10-15 minutes away). All up, I'd stay here again and recommend it strongly.
That said, the hotel does have some flaws. The most annoying of these is the overpriced internet: while I stayed in several Citadines in France and the UK last year which provided in-room wifi for 'free' as part of the base room rate, this hotel charges $6 an hour or $14 a day for access to the internet services in rooms or the foyer. This is likely to be much more expensive than the cost of providing this service, and seems a rip-off (especially for a not-cheap hotel targeted at business travelers). While a less significant issue, the decision to purchase toasters which sound an alarm when the bread is cooked seems ill-advised; on my first morning in the hotel I thought I'd set off the building's fire alarm! (people intending to buy rather than make breakfast should note that the hotel breakfast buffet is absurdly over-priced, and nicer alternatives are available for half the price if you're prepared to walk a block or two). I also found the non-opening windows to be annoying, though the air conditioning was efficient and quiet.
- Also Known As:
- Citadines On Bourke Melbourne Hotel Melbourne
- Citadines On Bourke Melbourne Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Citadines on Bourke Melbourne, in the heart of the city's CBD, offers access to major business and financial offices as well as many world-renowned restaurants, entertainment areas, shopping districts and theatres. Designed for international and domestic travellers on business or leisure, each vibrant apartment has modern amenities along with access to the business corner and fitness corner for efficiency and convenience. Explore Melbourne and relax in the privacy and comfort of your Apart'hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Tingo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Otel, EasyToBook, HotelTravel.com and Venere so you can book your Citadines on Bourke Melbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.