We had a fantastic stay in Melbourne thanks to the Citadines. Prior to the trip - we had searched for good value accommodation but it wasn't easy to find something under $200 per night that would appeal to the eye. When we arrived to our studio executive room, it was perfect. Neat, clean, spacious, modern.
It was easy to get to the Citadines thanks to the SkyBus service from Tullamarine airport. For $26 per person return it's excellent value for up to 2 travellers. The bus takes you from the airport to Southern Cross station, from where there is a shuttle bus that will drop you right in front of the Citadines.
The main reason for our trip to Melbourne was to go to watch the Australian Open. Citadines was excellent for that, just a few blocks walk down was the tram stop on Flinders St., which enabled us to catch a 5/10 minute tram ride to the tennis park. We were informed by a helpful staff member that our ticket to the tennis entitled us a trip on the tram. The location was fantastic for exploring the CBD as well.
+ Neat, spacious room. Nice bathroom, kitchen facilities - as per the photos on their website. Air conditioning was easy and worked well - important for the hot weather in January.
+ High floor offered good views of the city. We stayed on level 21.
+ Such comfortable bed and pillows.
+ Great location to explore the city. Walking distance to Bourke St Mall, Collins St, Flinders St. Equally good place to stay to go to the tennis park or MCG. Also, there are tram stops nearby which make it easy to explore wider Melbourne.
+ We didn't try the restaurant downstairs - however, nearby are a whole host of restaurants, cafes. We walked down to the lane ways on Degraves St to enjoy our breakfasts there.
- As another reviewer said, the staff are happy to answer questions but won't go out of their way to assist - as opposed to other places we've stayed at in the world. Very minor though, on the whole the staff were good.
Overall, for the price we paid - we were thrilled to have found the Citadines for Melbourne and we will definitely be staying here again on our next visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Citadines on Bourke Melbourne, in the heart of the city's CBD, offers access to major business and financial offices as well as many world-renowned restaurants, entertainment areas, shopping districts and theatres. Designed for international and domestic travellers on business or leisure, each vibrant apartment has modern amenities along with access to the business corner and fitness corner for efficiency and convenience. Explore Melbourne and relax in the privacy and comfort of your Apart'hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Otel, getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Citadines on Bourke Melbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Citadines On Bourke Melbourne Hotel Melbourne