“Average to Good in many catergories but a master of none” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Citadines on Bourke Melbourne

Save Saved
You added Citadines on Bourke Melbourne to your Saves list
Citadines on Bourke Melbourne
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   131-135 Bourke Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia   |
Announcement
Free Wireless Internet!
Ranked #32 of 169 Hotels in Melbourne
Sydney, Australia
“Average to Good in many catergories but a master of none”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

When you factor in the cost and location, this is a great little place to stay. I have no major issues with the hotel, but it left me underwhelmed.

Don't get me wrong, it ticks plenty boxes, good price, good central location, moderate service, clean, and it has all the basic amenities you'd expect from a 4 star hotel. Simply put, it's good in many categories, but a master of none.

If I were in need of finding affordable accommodation in a hurry for a weekend escape to Melbourne, I would gladly stay at Citadines once again. That being said, if I had the time to look through deals for other preferable hotels in Melbourne, that would be my preference.

My partner and I stayed in one of the studio rooms, no problems there. It was clean upon arrival, plenty of space, and I found the quirky little kitchen area rather cheeky but convenient. My biggest pet peeves when staying in a hotel room is when the website states that it is a queen or a double, but it ends up being 2 singles put together. It just absolutely agitates me to no end! If it's 2 singles, state it as such - quite simple really.

Besides some minor early check-in issues, overall we were both pleased yet underwhelmed by our stay. Again, for the price range, and convenience in location you really can't go wrong, and I would never deter someone from staying here, but it certainly wouldn't be my first choice either.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
  • Korean first
singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

We stayed for two nights from 30 Jun 2011 in a studio apt. It is really great! Affordable, well maintained, clean cheery and very convenient to everything!

It is really easy to get to shopping and food and theatres and the South Bank, everything within walking distance.

Wished we could have stayed longer!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
South Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

Citadines is in a very central location where one can walk to many attractions (M.C.G., National Gallery, Q.V. Market etc) . There is a tram stop just outside the door if you need to take longer trips. My wife and I had a standard apartment room but we found our room to be of an adequate size. Very handy to have good kitchen facilities (dishwasher, cooktop etc) and we found all equipment and fittings to be of a good standard. The kitchen had everything in it you could want. We were on the third floor so we did not have a view but that did not worry us - room was good value for the money paid. The Hotel is new, very clean, friendly and efficient staff at reception. I really cannot think of any negatives!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011 via mobile

I just returned from a three night stay at citadines in a premier one bedroom room. The room was very new and decent size for two people. We were located on the 22nd floor and specifically requested a quiet room. To our suprise we were placed in a room fronting a giant crane and we woke up every morning to construction work. It didnt bother us too much because we were up and doing things around the time construction started anyway. But when you ask for a quiet room you dont expect to be put infront of a giant crane. Also on fri and sat night you can hear the nightclub downstairs, the music thumping is so loud I didn't get any sleep and on top of this you can hear people screaming from the outside smoking area of the club. The staff were a bit hit and miss, upon check in we got a lovely man but other staff weren't very helpful at all. Also the housekeeping didnt restock coffee milk or toilet paper, which is a few basic essentials you expect from a hotel facility. We got a pay2 get the 3rd night free but not worth it without the deal. I don't think I'll return

• Stayed July 2011
Orinda, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

Comfy, clean, convenient to shopping, & sights. Nice to have a little kitchen in the room-sink,two burner stove, small fridge, microwave. Hairdryer, iron and board. Flat screen TV and stereo with Ipod dock, and a sofa desk and small coffee table all efficiently arranged in one room. I thought it was a good value. Staff was helpful. Check in was a little slow.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Fredericton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

I spent two weeks in Melbourne attending the IUGG General Assembly. The hotel was a perfect choice as I was travelling with family. The bedroom I stayed was not that large but was very comfortable and the kitchen proved to be essential (for preparing breakfast and meals). Front desk is great. Service is good (with the usual annoyances of having to ask for extra soap at times). Worth the price paid. Excellent location. One comment on Melbourne, though. A very expensive city. Even the Scandinavians attending the Conference were complaining.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
PERTH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

In Melbourne for business but also wanted to be near Her Majesty's theatre to take in a show at the conclusion of meetings. These new apartments are wonderfully central to shopping, theatres, cafes and restaurants. Check in staff helpfull and efficient, our quiet, one bedroom apartment was spotless and very comfortable. I left my mobile charger in the room and one phone call to their helpful staff had my charger in the post back to me in no time . We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Been to Citadines on Bourke Melbourne? Share your experiences!