“Authentic italian with ambience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Il Tempo

Il Tempo
Shop 8/ 250 Flinders Street | (Enter via Degraves Street), Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
+61 3 9663 7522
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #542 of 3,916 Restaurants in Melbourne
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Il Tempo means Its The Right Time.... To visit us and experience our casual Italian cafe with the friendliest, most courteous staff in Melbourne. Established in 2000 and conveniently located in Degraves Street, just across from Flinders Street Station. Whether you choose to dine outside (Alfresco) or inside the European style bistro, Il Tempo cannot be beaten for authentic Italian cuisine, reasonable prices and a fun ambience. Yes, the cozy, dimly lit atmosphere makes it difficult to want to leave and head home after dinner, but luckily, we are opened late.. So we suggest you sit back and relax and slowly sip that wonderful Chianti from our extensive wine list. Or maybe we will tempt you with one of our famous desserts...
“Authentic italian with ambience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

Sensational food All 5 mains and deserts were exceptional. Warm friendly service from lovely waitress with excellent recommendations. Slow baked lamb shank in rosemary and honey with bed of sweet potato mash and tiramisu were mouth watering. Mimosa cocktail great start. CANT wait to go back. Must have hot chocolate

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Bendigo, Australia
“A quick lunch between appointments”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Not a fine dining experience but a good, quick, reasonable quality lunge near Flinders Street station. We had just over an hour and had a quiet & relaxed pasta and wine with time to spare. Pasta was enjoyable, wine was quaffable and coffee was good. Service was attentive and friendly.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Broome, Western Australia, Australia
“Italian for sure, and no Pizza :)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Monday eve, I was, as usual hungry for something different. So I searched for these little laneways, where my memory told me, I've had some exquisite food in the past. Ok, most of these little shops between Flinders and Collins Sts were closed, except the 'Soup Kitchen', which is still on my 'to do list', I'll promise, I will try it next year. This year, it was time to shine for Italian food. So I entered the Il Tempo, dragged a bit by the owner or licensee. Well, anyway, I ordered a beer, Bruscetta (which they four or five different varieties of) and a serve of Lasagne. Beer, ok, out of the bottle, nothing fancy, thanks to Dr. Tim Cooper. The Bruscetta Pomodoro, however, was one of the best, I have ever had. The bread toasted, and the mix of tasty, not sweet tomatoes, basil, parsley and oil didn't sog through to the bread. Very delicate, but yet rustique. (I think, that I tasted Coriander, which is not in the original recipe, I am sure)! Then came the Lasagne, which was served in it's single serve Clay dish, and yes, it was hot/ Al Forno, as it should be, but rarely is, since a MicroWave doesn't usually offer 'Grill'. Hey, an Italian Place without Pizza!! I love Pizza, but don't have to have it every time, I go out. There must be something right in a place like this, and yes, it was. Will recommend Il Tempo, just as I will do with other places, that I was well catered for. Oh, the only little 'off' was the tall French (or French Canadian) waitress, which came past almost every two minutes asking me, how the food was, although I was chewing and not really in a talkative mood... But... She'll learn...

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bangkok, Thailand
“Average food with average service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

ordered bruchettta but it never showed up instead main dish came. MANZO
Victorian Porterhouse steak with fried potatoes no vegetables . Meat was ok but not very tender and basically no taste. Lot of juice running out so not rested. ordered double espresso and the came with single had to go back and add the missing espresso. Staff was friendly but ti does not make it up for the mishaps and does not make the food reach the heights others seems to have had.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Coffs Harbour
“A must for early morning coffee.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

A nice little shop with excellent coffee. We had coffee and croissant for $8. Wide range of both sweet and savoury. Very friendly staff and a great atmosphere on the lane way. Close to flinders street station and I will be visiting again. Bathrooms need some work...

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere