“BEST HOTEL IN MELBOURNE, DONT EVEN BOTHER WITH TOWERS” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8 Whiteman St, Melbourne, Victoria 3006, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #22 of 170 hotels in Melbourne
Keilor, Australia
“BEST HOTEL IN MELBOURNE, DONT EVEN BOTHER WITH TOWERS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

I've frequented Crown Towers for a while, and thought I'd try equally 5-star Metropol, LOVED IT SO MUCH, much closer to the entertainment precinct (food court, galatic circus), but still linked to the casino, atrium & palladium room. The pool is a much better experience, level 27 overlooking the whole of the city absolutely incredible experience I love it, although both times I went up there, a lot of kids running around everywhere, a reserved adults time an hour or so would be best. rooms were spacious and very modern. hotel is only 4 years old so really nice and new.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
HarleyMoraitis, General Manager at Crown Metropol Melbourne, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am very pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at Metropol and enjoyed the hotel facilities and location.

Feel free to call me on your next stay as it would be nice to catch up.

Kind regards

1,735 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (437)
  • Indonesian first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

We stayed here on a Friday night for our anniversary. Having children get aways like this are very rare. The rooms are nice well set up. We found the room very noisy and could hear the music all night from the entertainment complex. Only being there for one night we didn't try any of the gym or swimmimg facilities. I think that next time we would try a smaller high quality hotel as we were disappointed.

• Stayed June 2014
Firstly, I would like to offer my sincere apologies that you could hear the noise from the entertainment complex. For the benefit of our readers, our windows are double glazed for the comfort of our guests to eliminate outside noise.

I would certainly like the opportunity to do some further investigation into the issue and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay further. I can be reached on 61 3 9292 8888.

Thank you for your review and best wishes for your anniversary.

Kind regards

Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

We loved our stay at Crown Metropol. The room was spacious and well fitted and the king size bed was an added luxury. The location is excellent, you are so close to all of Crown, Southbank and a short walk to the CBD. The 28 bar was a nice place for a drink, especially to watch the sun go down. The only criticism I have is about the pool, I know it was school holidays when we stayed but the pool and spa were so full of kids that we didn't use them. We have our own kids so don't dislike them but were really looking forward to a kid-free holiday! I think Crown should consider setting aside certain times (say after 6pm) that the pool is for adult use only. Apart from this our stay was great and we would definitely come back.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review.

I couldn't agree with you more in regard to our location. We are only a short walk to the city centre and Southbank. 28 is an absolutely beautiful place with great ambience and wonderful views.

I am pleased to hear that you were able to enjoy the facilities of the hotel, including the pool, which is always a highlight for our guests. However, I am disappointed to note that the pool ambience did not meet your expectation on this stay. Please be assured that your feedback has been taken on board.

We look forward to welcoming you back with us soon.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Spent a couple of nights of R & R at the Metropol, upgraded to the Loft room, well worth the money, Nice view of the city to wake up to.Much prefer this hotel room than the Promenade & Towers rooms. Easy walking distance to the CBD and all Crown amenities are on your doorstep. Staff were very attentive, Well worth giving it a go.

Room Tip: Try and get as High as possible, and overlook the city, the lights are magnificent.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. We really appreciate your taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

For that little bit extra, the loft room is a fantastic way to enhance your stay. I am very pleased that you took advantage of it! Your positive feedback regarding the attentiveness of the staff will be shared with the team.

We hope to welcome you back soon but in the meantime feel free to contact me if I can be of any assistance in the future.

Canberra
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

The Crown Metropol is lovely. It is extremely modern, well designed and clean. The staff were polite.
The amenities such as the pool and change room spa were above and beyond anything I have ever seen and used in Australia. It was pure luxury, and as we were staying midweek, it was very quiet and for some time we had the pool all to ourselves! This was very relaxing and special.

The room was nice and clean. The let down for me was the bed. It was firm to the point of being uncomfortable and the pillows weren't that great either.
I normally love a firm bed, so I was surprised that this bed was so uncomfortable.
In my opinion, this bed does not come near the comfort of the beautiful beds at Hilton South Wharf and Sofitel, and for that reason I wouldn't stay at the Crown Metropol again.

However, if you're the type of person who can sleep anywhere, then this hotel would be worth a visit!

• Stayed May 2014
Thank you for your review.

I would firstly like to extend my apologies that you found our beds too firm. We usually get great feedback about the comfort of our beds so I was naturally disappointed to read your comments. For the benefit of our readers, we also have a range of pillows available on request but I am not sure if you had the opportunity to enquire about this with our housekeeping department.

It was pleasing to read that you enjoyed other aspects of your stay, notably the pool facilities and the hospitality of our staff.

When you have a moment, please call me on 61 3 9292 8888 as it would be great to discuss your feedback in more detail.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

We came down from country Victoria for a one night stay at Southbank and go to the casino. The room was fantastic and the staff where very pleasant. Loved our stay and will be back thank you. We had a great weekend.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper levels for a great view
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Just recently stayed at Crown Metropol Hotel Melbourne. This is a great hotel for a couple of days or more to relax. It is close to the city, and being part of a casino complex offers many dining and entertaining options. The rooms are big, clean, quiet and comfortable. It can be very busy during check inn and check out times. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Good thing about this hotel is the ability to park your car in an adjacent undercover car park for $15.00 per 24hours during week days. They charge little more on a weekend. Than you can access hotel through the undercover walkway on a first floor. If you can get this hotel on special advance purchase price it is good value.

Room Tip: Higher floor better, avoid school holidays if you can, swimming pool very crowded
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Crown Metropol Melbourne? Share your experiences!