“Comfort, style and service” 4 of 5 stars

Family Fun
Ranked #20 of 172 Hotels in Melbourne
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Main Beach, Australia
“Comfort, style and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Great size rooms, good beds with top sheet!, fab pool overlooking the city, great spa and hairdressing services. Just lovely - will be back again.
Service is great from the concierge and the front desk as well as the restaurant and the spa. Aveda products used in the spa. Shopping mall just a few steps away as are the restaurants on the riverwalk and the casino.

Room Tip: Either side is good.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (546)
  • Indonesian first
Dromana, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

My partner and I had the most hassle free stay a little delay checking in ..only because this hotel is so popular with excellent tariff rates ..close to Australia,s (by far ) best entertainment centre Crown Casino ..an absolute array of fantastic eateries from the sublime to the modest ( in price) great shopping minutes away sporting venues are walking distance away..what else does one need........

GEELONG
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

Stayed here for the convenience when visiting Crown Casino and going to a show at The Palms. It was a beautiful room, modern and well appointed. Had everything we needed. Only down side was the carpark, this was a bit difficult to find our way to and from, better signage would be really helpful for those not familiar with the area. Overall though I would highly recommend Metropol

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

We stayed as a family of 4 in a room with 2 kings which easily fitted the teens. After a busy day we decided on room service for dinner and enjoyed great steaks and desserts with a table set up for us that fitted easily in the room
The concierge was very helpful when we were hunting for a specific shop for Christmas gift buying. Staff extremely pleasant.
Pool area great with spectacular views out to the bay and spa exactly the right temperature.
The foyer has the Crown look of understated elegance. Short walk to multiple dining options and easy walk to town along the river as we hadn't mastered the trams.
Would definitely recommend the hotel and facilities.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Cairns, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

I spent 3 nights at the Metropol while visiting my son in Melbourne. I booked a twin luxe room, this was my first mistake. The bathroom is totally inappropriate for the type of room. There is a sliding wall between the bathroom and beds however you can still see and hear all from inside the bedroom area. As there is glass doors on the cupboards it can look straight into the bathroom. Maybe ok if you are not staying with a son who is an adult, I could only imagine if it was a work colleague
Secondly, after our first night we spent the day in the CBD and upon returning to our room at 230pm, the room still had not been serviced. Eventually a man came at around 300pm, so we left. We returned a couple of hours later to find he only sort of made the beds and emptied one bin. The tea/coffee was not replenished, dishes not done, benches were not wiped etc. I am sorry but I am not paying for a backpacker room...... I called housekeeping and informed them, they eventually bought up some tea/coffee, I did ask if he had any more of the hot chocolate, yep, none.. He said he would bring some up immediately. Waited 2 hours before calling housekeeping again to request hot chocolate.
I found the rooms to be overall a disappointment, very small,a light sheet cover was put over the rough doona, you move this sheet and come face to face with a very cheap, rough crunchy doona. Not even a proper doona cover on the bed. I will say that the pillows were lovely and soft and very large.
The staff at the front desk were very polite, however, there was no directions on where we were to go after checking in. We were left to our own to find the lift etc.
Why in these expensive hotels do they leave Devondale boxed milk instead of fresh milk. I am sure they are making enough money that they could afford this little luxury. I ordered 500 ml of milk for coffee and they charged $5.00 for it. Rip off.
I know I will definitely not be staying here again, for a little extra I will stay at crown towers which I could not fault.
Hope your stay is better

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

We stayed overnight at Crown Metropol as we were having late dinner on the tram car restaurant and the pick up is right across the road. This is a very nice modern although quite dark hotel. Checkin and the lobby was lovely, staff helpful and efficient. The room had great natural light and views over the city. The decor is a little quirky design wise but clean and comfortable. The only thing I found negative was the bed sheets which felt like canvas.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

I always stay in the Crowns in Melbourne due to their high standards and great location.

This was the best stay I have had in any of their hotels and I would like to thank them for making this business trip to Melbourne really successful.

The duty manager Katie was really helpful and friendly and made sure that any requests (like opening up the business centre solely for us on the Sunday evening) was simple and we only had to ask once.

Thanks for a great trip and I look forward to returning again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 26th floor are connected to the pool and gym by their own staircase.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Been to Crown Metropol Melbourne? Share your experiences!