“Great if you can grab a special deal” 4 of 5 stars

Family Fun
Ranked #20 of 172 Hotels in Melbourne
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“Great if you can grab a special deal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

The Metropol is a high end swanky hotel in the Crown precinct at Southbank. It has a special occasion feel to it and is definately worth a stay if you can pick up a package or special rate; I'm not sure I would ever pay the rack rate for a hotel! Check in and check out were slow; however all the staff were extremely polite and cheery, particuarly the valet parking staff. Like all 5* hotels you do pay a premium for breakfast, the mini bar and drinks in the bar however you do have other options close by which we chose for breakfast. The rooms are a good size and we heard no noise during the night.

Room Tip: Obviously the higher up the better and really it is the view at night that is appealing
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (549)
  • Indonesian first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I had the most fabulous time at the Crown Metropol, I went for my birthday weekend and had the best time that we went back the following weekend. From the moment you arrive to the unfortunate moment that you depart is just a unique experience that I find very hard to explain. Everything is just so beautiful. The pool and all the extras at Level 27 are just spectacular, I will really miss the gorgeous spa and not to mention the relaxing day beds for a little sneaky nap....just so invigorating the entire experience for the two weekends that I can't wait to go back. If anybody ever wrote a negative comment they must be VERY hard to please.
I HIGHLY Recommend.
Thank you everybody at the Crown Metropol.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

This was our first stay at a Crown hotel, after always staying at the Langham (we wanted a change). There was a bit of a wait at check-in, but the rooms were extremely comfortable with a sleek, modern design. Being attached to the entertainment and shopping complex is a huge plus but the Metropol's restaurant was expensive and of average quality. The concierge was very helpful with ticketing arrangements. The pool is AMAZING with great views of Melbourne city. The staff were all lovely and I'd stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
HarleyMoraitis, General Manager at Crown Metropol Melbourne, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Thank you for your review.

It is lovely to read that overall you had a fantastic stay at the hotel. I have passed on your comments relating to our restaurant to our Executive Chef for review and I would be happy to discuss this further with you on +61 3 9292 8888 if you desire.

Kind regards,

Harley Moraitis
Crown Metropol
Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

I stayed here in March 2012 and absolutely loved the Metropol.

It looks fantastic, modern and very suave. The concierge and staff were very friendly and were always on hand. The rooms are large with comfortable beds and a good sized TV. I found the bathroom to be a little odd - doors on one side and a partition on the other - but apart from that, the overall look and colour scheme was great.

The pool and gym was top notch. There was nothing like swimming on a warm Melbourne day 20 odd floors up overlooking the city - Just marvelous.

Location wise the hotel was great. A short walk to the CBD and very close to all Crown comforts.

Overall a solid 5 out of 5

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Caloundra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a business trip for one night. Was on the second top floor, not much of a view, because I arrived late when it was dark and left straight after breakfast. Great location to all the restaurants around. The room was a very good size with great work desk facilities. I must say the bed was the most comfortable hotel bed I have ever stayed in. I have another visit to Melbourne in the next few weeks, and I cancelled my other hotel reservation just to return to this hotel.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Melbourne, Victoria
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

Well, I wouldn't leave this rating and review unless I felt strongly enough about the lies i was fed and the way we were treated. Will try to keep it brief. Room and everything about the hotel is great. However an hour after checkout my wife realized she had left her ring on the bedside table. I saw it there in the morning but didn't remind her, and an important point is that the bedside tables have high sides, therefore the ring couldn't be knocked off- or make its way amongst the laundry.. Anyway housekeeping couldn't find it after 2 calls, (and were rude) security got involved and couldn't find it. I was furious as I know it was left there. Anyway after 5 phone calls, 4 hours and threats to take it further, the ring turned up "found in the bottom of a laundry basket" I was told. Lies!! All I can assume is the ring was pocketed, and only after the threats did it turn up- all they needed to say was, that it turned up and the issue would be dealt with Internally! We were lied to and made feel like idiots. Anyway the ring was found so great, but we were left feeling like fools, and the crown metropol obviously has either a great scam running or dishonest staff..

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for your review.

I am personally aware of your lost property enquiry at the hotel. Once we were made aware of the missing ring, we did a thorough search of the hotel room. As your room had already been cleaned, our housekeeping and security team continued the search through bins, vacuum bags and the hotel linen. Thankfully we found your item, and had it returned to you.

Whilst I can understand your frustration, I can assure you that all measures were taken to retrieve the ring.

Kind regards,

Harley Moraitis
Crown Metropol
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

We stayed here on the weekend for our anniversary, I've stayed at crown towers and not loved it so often stay at the Langham but couldn't get a room so the Metropol it was. So happy we gave it a try. The staff were friendly check in line was long but moved fast,up on level 25 our view was great, the room was a good size and bedding was like sleeping on a cloud everything you would expect from a 5 star stay. fluffy gowns a pool over looking Melbourne and functional gym. We had a great time at crown and to top it off there was a bottle of bubbles and chocolate for our anniversary thank to crown. Breakfast was nice at mr hives. Easy check out and even though it was busy out car was brought around in a few minutes . If I had to put a fault our room was a little warm even when we turned down the heat,but pretty perfect. Thank you

• Stayed May 2013

Been to Crown Metropol Melbourne? Share your experiences!