“Loved it” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 172 hotels in Melbourne
Perth
“Loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

I stayed here in March 2012 and absolutely loved the Metropol.

It looks fantastic, modern and very suave. The concierge and staff were very friendly and were always on hand. The rooms are large with comfortable beds and a good sized TV. I found the bathroom to be a little odd - doors on one side and a partition on the other - but apart from that, the overall look and colour scheme was great.

The pool and gym was top notch. There was nothing like swimming on a warm Melbourne day 20 odd floors up overlooking the city - Just marvelous.

Location wise the hotel was great. A short walk to the CBD and very close to all Crown comforts.

Overall a solid 5 out of 5

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

1,625 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (408)
Caloundra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a business trip for one night. Was on the second top floor, not much of a view, because I arrived late when it was dark and left straight after breakfast. Great location to all the restaurants around. The room was a very good size with great work desk facilities. I must say the bed was the most comfortable hotel bed I have ever stayed in. I have another visit to Melbourne in the next few weeks, and I cancelled my other hotel reservation just to return to this hotel.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Melbourne, Victoria
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

Well, I wouldn't leave this rating and review unless I felt strongly enough about the lies i was fed and the way we were treated. Will try to keep it brief. Room and everything about the hotel is great. However an hour after checkout my wife realized she had left her ring on the bedside table. I saw it there in the morning but didn't remind her, and an important point is that the bedside tables have high sides, therefore the ring couldn't be knocked off- or make its way amongst the laundry.. Anyway housekeeping couldn't find it after 2 calls, (and were rude) security got involved and couldn't find it. I was furious as I know it was left there. Anyway after 5 phone calls, 4 hours and threats to take it further, the ring turned up "found in the bottom of a laundry basket" I was told. Lies!! All I can assume is the ring was pocketed, and only after the threats did it turn up- all they needed to say was, that it turned up and the issue would be dealt with Internally! We were lied to and made feel like idiots. Anyway the ring was found so great, but we were left feeling like fools, and the crown metropol obviously has either a great scam running or dishonest staff..

• Stayed May 2013
HarleyMoraitis, General Manager at Crown Metropol Melbourne, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Thank you for your review.

I am personally aware of your lost property enquiry at the hotel. Once we were made aware of the missing ring, we did a thorough search of the hotel room. As your room had already been cleaned, our housekeeping and security team continued the search through bins, vacuum bags and the hotel linen. Thankfully we found your item, and had it returned to you.

Whilst I can understand your frustration, I can assure you that all measures were taken to retrieve the ring.

Kind regards,

Harley Moraitis
Crown Metropol
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on the weekend for our anniversary, I've stayed at crown towers and not loved it so often stay at the Langham but couldn't get a room so the Metropol it was. So happy we gave it a try. The staff were friendly check in line was long but moved fast,up on level 25 our view was great, the room was a good size and bedding was like sleeping on a cloud everything you would expect from a 5 star stay. fluffy gowns a pool over looking Melbourne and functional gym. We had a great time at crown and to top it off there was a bottle of bubbles and chocolate for our anniversary thank to crown. Breakfast was nice at mr hives. Easy check out and even though it was busy out car was brought around in a few minutes . If I had to put a fault our room was a little warm even when we turned down the heat,but pretty perfect. Thank you

• Stayed May 2013
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

What a great hotel. Contemporary, friendly staff, fabulous service, glamorous and fun. We were in town to celebrate a 40th and Harley Moraitis the GM went out of his way to make us feel special. We had two Loft suites - just wonderful. Highlight - soaking in a massive bubble bath whilst watching one of the 3 flat screen tvs. Pool is fabulous and Level 28 bar has great ambience. Enjoyed a wonderful meal nearby at Bistro Guillame. Easy to get to anyway - 10 minute stroll and you are in the centre of town. We will be back!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Our first time at this hotel and was very impressed. Stayed in the King Luxe room - very spacious with a very comfy bed and pillows. Unfortunately only got to stay in this hotel for one night - next time would book for longer to enjoy all of the facilities available. If looking at staying would recommend the following: get a package - we had breakfast @ Mr Hive and valet parking included in our package (was happy we did this as parking was $50 and breakfast $77 for 2 people - which I think is quite expensive). Also do not get a room near the ice room (located near room 46 I think) as it was quite noisy. We were at the other end of the floor (room 33).

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Adelaide, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

My first time and first impressions were good with very friendly and helpful conceirge.

This did not last - three behind front desk but only one with a smile and welcome.

My check-in was well handled by the smiling staff member who also noted this was my first time at the hotel and provided very good service in providing a card with the hotel's food and beverage outlet details - including opening and closing times. Unfortunately this good service was not followed through with what was advertised on the card. With meetings until late I planned I would organise my times to eat dinner at Mr Hive Kitchen which was advertised to be open until 10.30. I did not want to eat out or dine in my room. So at 9.20 down to Mr Hive for dinner to be abruptly told that they had stopped serving dinner!!!!!!!!

Decided to go to 28th floor bar as they might serve food- no. Great view. So many staff, so few customers and so little service. And having asked for a very, very, very dry martini I was not asked any further questions about the gin or the Noilly Prat, or garnish etc. A very mediocre and a not so dry martini eventuated.

Good size room but somewhat poorly designed - could not find the air conditioner for a long time as the control was hidden behind the standard lamp and when I received my room service dinner (one has to eat) I had to sit under the TV at a coffee table.

Check-out in the morning - no smiles at all this time

Concierge gave me a warm and friendly farewell, however I did take some time to find my luggage which I had left whilst I went for meetings.

Will not return - even though I had a very good room rate for this standard of hotel in Melbourne

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review.

It was lovely to read your first impression of the hotel was a positive one however it was disappointing to see that we failed to meet some expectations throughout your stay.

I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the matter further on +61 3 9292 8888 so that I can start on restoring your faith in our hotel.

Kind regards,

Harely Moraitis
Crown Metropol

Been to Crown Metropol Melbourne? Share your experiences!