“Romantic Getaway” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 173 Hotels in Melbourne
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Romantic Getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at Crown Metrpol for our wedding anniversary. We were greeted with sparkling and chocolates shortly after our arrival in the room which was a lovely touch and we had a room on the 25th floor with a fabulous view. We had plans to go out in the city for the afternoon but the room was so gorgeous and the view so mesmerising that we stayed put and enjoyed the beautiful space. The only disappointment in the room was the tiny showerhead in such a big shower space: if there's no bath in the room, I want a pretty amazing showerhead for compensation. We loved the pool deck with its spectrum of views (shame it was so packed with kids but we did visit during school holidays...our early morning visit was much quieter than our late afternoon visit) and the spa and steam room in the change rooms were both excellent. We didn't get a chance to visit Level 28 but would definitely try it out next time we stay. Overall this was a wonderful space for a romantic retreat - if you are headed to Crown Metropol for a special event, make sure you let them know so you can be spoiled too.

Room Tip: Upon booking, we requested a room with a view and ended up on the 25th floor - it doesn't hurt t...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (552)
  • Indonesian first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I booked a night at this hotel as a present to myself for my birthday, so it was a special treat. I got a special deal on the room rate which made it affordable for me. The room was so modern and lovely and the view of the city was quite awesome. I really liked that it was actually quiet. The bathroom was amazing and I loved the little box of toilettries as they were very well presented and were quality products. I would not have liked the bathroom if I had someone else in the room though and the walls were thin and a little bit see through, so not very private at all. I found the reception staff rude and inattentive and was most annoyed when they wanted to refuse my reduced rate. Lucky that I had all the printouts with me!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Nice welcome. Nice atmosphere. Room was spacious and very clean. Smelt lovely too. Unfortunately we only had one night and didn't use the pool which looked great. Great position with views. Staff we encountered all pleasant.
Purchased the room as a package deal for Empire show which was fun.
Look forward to returning for a longer stay to make use of the facilities. Would recommend.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My family and I have spent three nights over Easter at this gorgeous hotel for the past three years. Each time we have had a wonderful stay and have made the most of the awesome swimming pool. This time around we signed up for the Club 28 which included drinks and breakfast, this was great value and the kids really made the most of the breakfast choices. The staff were amazing, nothing was too much trouble, they really went out of their way to make our stay a memorable one. It was great to see the same staff who remembered our prefferred choice of coffee. Our family only left the hotel once to visit the Aquarium and shop in the city, other than that we made the most of every facility and even had a delicious Easter lunch at Mr Hive at hotel. The rooms are clean, modern and spacious and I love the bathroom. I would highly recommend a stay at this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
HarleyMoraitis, General Manager at Crown Metropol Melbourne, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for your review.

It is always so lovely to hear from our regular guests. We just celebrated our 3rd birthday at the Hotel and it’s fantastic to read that you have returned to us each year!

I appreciate your comments about our staff as they truly are our greatest assets. We look forward to welcoming you back next year and hopefully we get to meet on your next stay.

Kind regards,

Harley Moraitis
Crown Metropol
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I've been all around the world and stayed in some very beautiful hotels and don't get me wrong I understand how over priced Melbourne is as a whole but $279 for a one bed room with not much else in it besides a tv and bathroom? Our view was of a car park which isn't the nicest. I know the hotel as a whole is very nice but maybe we weren't fortunate enough to see this 'nice' side. For the price paid and the room we got I wouldn't return to exactly that, but id love to return and see if we were given a nicer room and better views because this hotel truly does have potential!

• Stayed November 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Crown Metropol is a delightful stay every time I go. They are always greeting you as you arrive and make sure your stay begins well. The rooms are clean, glamorous and comfortable. Being central to the casino and the city makes this place an easy place to be in Melbourne when your looking to spoil yourself for a weekend away. Make sure you get access to level 28 and enjoy complimentary drinks and breakfast with great views.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

The Metrapol is a great Hotel. We have visited the Hotel before and we weren't disappointed with our return visit. Despite Gordon Ramsay's restaurant disappearing the breakfast was still excellent. The rooms were very clean and the views from our standard room were fantastic.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Crown Metropol Melbourne? Share your experiences!