“Great service, good rooms and excellent views” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Meet Me at the Metropol
Ranked #29 of 157 Hotels in Melbourne
Melbourne
“Great service, good rooms and excellent views”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Stayed twice during March, the staff are very helpful with great customer skills.
The hotel entrance is okay but it is very business driven, so the appearance is a bit stiff.
The rooms were nice with amazing views. Very clean rooms, nice amenities. Ipod connection!.
I found the light and phone system a bit complicated. Actually I was unable to work out the phone so I just use my own to call front desk.
Location is good, it is possible to cross to the Casino/shops etc without need to go outside of the hotel, there is a bridge connection between hotel and casino/shops/restaurants etc.

If you wish to catch public transport to the city centre, there is a tram stop on the corner just few metres away. Just remember that you need a myki which you can not buy in the tram.

Room Tip: Try to get a corner room with views towards the city
1 Thank MoonlightRide

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel with two friends during the past weekend. It was an excellent choice. Rooms are spotless, service is friendly and professional and the location is great. You can walk to heaps of restaurants and shops. My only regret was that we didn't have long enough and should we return, will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I booked my wife in for an afternoon of treatment for her birthday, the service was great from the time i rang to arriving. Natasha was the girl that took my booking and greeted us on the day , she was really nice and polite. My wife totally enjoyed her treatments that we booked for her and said that the place was amazing, she will be back for treatment soon

1 Thank Claude-Australia
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

My Husband and I stayed here for our Wedding Night and I have to say that the staff at Crown treated us immaculately. As soon as we arrived our bags were taken and by the time we were at our room they were their waiting. We have received complementary Champagne and Chocolates from Crown. My Husband and I would recommend this hotel to anyone as this is not our first stay. If you want something special at a reasonable price, I would recommend Crown Metropol to every one.

Darwin, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

What I loved about the Crown Metropol was the location and the ease of getting around. Southbank is an awesome area with the Docklands dotted with great restaurants, bars and some cool but expensive shopping.
The room was outstanding,clean, comfortable, unique, quiet and came with a great view.
Staff throughout our stay were fantastic and extremely helpful.
We needed to stay an extra night and a staff member by the name of Morgan went above and beyond to keep us in our current room!! Champ she was!
If you love long walks, gambling, entertainment of numerous styles then stay here.
The South Melbourne Markets not far either which is a bonus for some.
Our stay came a bit unstuck when we checked out and we came across the only rude unprofessional staff member there. Complained our credit card was too hard for her to read and when I asked her to call me a taxi to the airport, for the second time, she said i'm best of walking out on to the streets to find one.
I am not usually negative to the venues I review but this did make me think twice about staying there again.
But hey, good staff are sometimes hard to find.

Room Tip: go Online to grab a great deal or two
    • 4 of 5 stars
HarleyMoraitis, General Manager at Crown Metropol Melbourne, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for your review.

It is lovely to read that in the majority the team took such great care of you. I have passed on my personal thanks to Morgan, who is one of our star performers!

I would like to offer my apologies however in regards to the staff member you spoke to on your departure. I would appreciate the time to discuss this further with you, as this is by no means the expectation of any team member.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write the review and hopefully I get to speak with you soon.

Kind regards,

Harley Moraitis
Crown Metropol
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Everything about Crown Metropol was perfect. Close to the CBD and Crown Casino and you are able to walk through the complex to the function rooms and gambling all under cover. We enjoyed a very nice cooked breakfast and would loved to have stayed longer to enjoy the sensational pool on the 27th floor. The staff were particularly friendly and we will definitely go back to Crown Metropol Melbourne.

Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I stayed for two nights for work and it was great. The room was lovely and all the little extra's made it a step above the rest - the view isnt great over the carpark but your right in the middle of the city and not paying for a room with a view. Everything was slick and smooth for me

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business