“Excellent Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 171 hotels in Melbourne
sydney, Australia
“Excellent Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

I travel regulary to Melbourne, stay at many hotels but this is my favourite. Very modern design, rooms are great. Good complimenarty items. Close to the heart of the action Crown casino (although I dont gamble, this is the place of best restaurants in Melbourne) . Great poool & spa. Best breakfast.

Room Tip: Dont waste your time going anywhere else!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

1,709 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (430)
  • Indonesian first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

This hotel is only a few years old. Is based on a modern,minimalist fit out that is absolutely brilliant. Spacious rooms and good location. Just be aware of the $50 valet parking which I think is over the top.

Room Tip: Try to get an upgrade .the loft rooms are to die for. They have the best soaker baths on the earth
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Melbourne
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

The stay didn't start well with being misdirected as to where to check in (told to go upstairs to Club 28 and then had to come all the way back down), but the two stand out points are (1) the bathroom. If you are travelling with someone else, and they need to use the bathroom, there is no door etc to close it off, so the light will wake you if they are using the bathroom in the middle of the night. Not a problem with the design if you are travelling by yourself. (2) Breakfast: we had breakfast included as part of the package in Mr Hive, which was terrible. The positive was that I mentioned to reception on checking out of our problem and had a call on my mobile within 15 minutes asking to discuss the issues we had (including rattling airconditioning all night). The responsive phone call to our issues was impressive.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
HarleyMoraitis, General Manager at Crown Metropol Melbourne, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Thanks for posting your comments on tripadvisor. I do actually recall speaking with you on the day of your departure and appreciated you giving me the time to talk to you at length about your stay in early August..

Rest assured these matters have been addressed and I can only apologise again that you did not enjoy your stay with us on that occasion - especially as you and your husband were here to celebrate a birthday.

As per my e-mail dated 9 August, please feel free to contact me directly when you next have the opportunity to stay with us. Alternatively, I can be contacted on 61 3 9292 888.

Speak soon & regards,

Harley Moraitis
Crown Metropol
meaganl78
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Great experience with my husband and 21 month old on the 21st floor. Great view. Room with two twin beds. Beautifully appointed room, especially bathroom. Spacious and luxurious. Hotel had a very masculine feel with decor and scent, however it certainly was not intimidating to myself as a female traveller. Bar on 28th floor. Definately worth a visit. Resident restaurant Mr Hive is a must. The best dessert I have ever had second to none was enjoyed there on our first night. Definately a great stay and highly recommended

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Crown Metropol is a great hotel in fantastic location close to the exhibition centre. Even if its cold and raining you can access the exhibition via air bridge through the Casino. The staff are super efficient and friendly, the beds are like floating on clouds and the food at Mr Hives is second to none. We will be returning next year

Room Tip: Level 21 is fantastic with great views
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Perth, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

I have very little good to say about this hotel but I will start with the positives- Its modern and clean. Now to the negatives- The staff are EXTREMELY RUDE and ARROGANT and UNHELPFUL, You pay for a 5 star hotel and I would give it NO STARS for Service. We arrived after a late night flight from Perth, we had just come from a wedding there and also had a wedding the next day in Melbourne, I had requested early check in and when we got to the hotel they were fully booked (The Logies were on across the road), I told the staff I would have been happy to pay a full night in advance even though we arrived in the morning if they had let me know they were not going to provide a room, they told us we would get the next available room once the cleaners arrived at 10:30 and we could go to the pool area meantime, what were we suppose to do in the pool area? We had a wedding to get to and wanted to have a short nap and to freshen up, so we just stayed on the couch waiting until a room became available, meanwhile SECURITY came 3 times to TELL US OFF about being on the couch because it looked bad, we told them get us a room, where are we suppose to go? And what are the couches meant to be for anyway? Display? Had I not paid for our room in advance there is no chance I would have stayed here. We watched as many guests left there rooms and hours passed still for no rooms to be available, eventually we got into a room half an hr before we had to leave for the wedding, they really RUINED OUR TRIP as we got no sleep and had to go out the door, The same ARROGANT Staff who told us off, tryed to be friendly once I was all dressed up in my designer gear for the wedding - Shallow people, don't judge a book by its cover. NO CHANCE WILL I EVER STAY HERE AGAIN AND I WILL TELL EVERYONE I KNOW ABOUT HOW BADLY WE WERE TREATED AT THIS HOTEL.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
HarleyMoraitis, General Manager at Crown Metropol Melbourne, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Thank you for providing me feedback regarding your stay in April.

I was naturally disappointed to read your review as we do pride ourselves on our levels of service.

I can only apologise for your experience and would like the opportunity to discuss the points you raise at length. Although our normal check-in time is from 14:00, where possible we do try and offer alternatives should a guest come in earlier – hence the suggestion of the pool/gym to freshen up. We also have the option of pre-booking a room to ensure it is ready for an early arrival but I am not sure if this was offered at the time of booking.

When you have a moment, please feel free to contact me on 61 3 9292 8888.

Regards,

Harley Moraitis
Crown Metropol
melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We spent a night at Crown Metropol which was lovely. Our room was on the 20th floor. Lovely spacious room with a king size bed. Nice and quiet. Our breakfast was included as was valet parking. Breakfast was plentiful and delicious. Sorry we didnt have time to enjoy the pool up on the 27th floor, it looked very inviting. Maybe next time. Would definately stay here again as everything was very very good.

Room Tip: i would think any room is a good room at Metropol.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Crown Metropol Melbourne? Share your experiences!