“My favourite hotel in Melbourne” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8 Whiteman St, Melbourne, Victoria 3006, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #23 of 172 hotels in Melbourne
Brisbane, Australia
“My favourite hotel in Melbourne”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

The hotel is in a great location, in walking distance to good restaurants and the city. It's also a quick cab ride to great shopping. The rooms are modern, trendy and spacious with very comfortable beds. The bathroom is very nice. Staff are friendly and helpful. The pool is great. I recommend trying the spa too. Whether travelling for business or pleasure this is a great hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

1,625 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (408)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

My partner and I stayed at this hotel in July 2011 for 3 nights. The hotel is modern, refreshing and clean. Staff are helpful and friendly and we didn't have any complaints at all during the time we spent there. We loved the pool. We went for a swim at all different times of the day and the view was so pretty. The location is great with lots of shops and restaurants around and close to the trams. Rooms are large with everything you could need, comfy bed, big screen TV and a large nice bathroom.

Would stay here again without a doubt and would encourage others to stay here as well.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

We recently stay here for a night (i wish we stayed longer) and it was great. Everything seems to run smoothly at this hotel from the moment you drive into drive the staff are very helpful and efficient. The only thing I would say is that the girl at check in really rushed us through check in (even though no-one else was waiting), although she was pleasant enough she just spoke really fast and didn't explain what was included in our package. The pool is amazing we spent as much time as we could in it, I think in the middle of summer it would be really muggy though, its all glass and when the sun streams in, you would feel it. The breakfast in the morning was also great, good coffee, plenty to eat and again great views. I would highly recommend this hotel, even though we stayed a night it felt like two, really relaxing. You can walk straight in city, the aquarium, the casino, shopping, and even catch the tram right outside the building to port melbourne ect. Fab location. It is also on the corner where the tram restaurant begins, so perfect it you are doing that too. All in all we will stay here again for sure.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

Just spent a very enjoyable break at this hotel with my 2 children. Got a good advance deal on the price- which was supposed to give a room on a lower floor. I emailed them asking for a room as high up as possible with views and thats just what we were given. Boys very excited with 21st floor and views of river/city. We arrived an hour early and were able to go immediately to our room which was lovely. Then went straight to the pool which is fantastic and the reason we chose to stay here. The pool area was pretty quiet for all of our stay, and the pool was long enough to swim lengths enjoyably. Good sized gym and lovely changing rooms- with steam room, spa with massage jets.
Location was great- i felt very comfortable walking around in the evenings in this area, and we could walk to everything. Perfect location for the conference at the exhibition centre.
Staff were all very pleasant and helpful, place was spotless and everything was well organised. We didnt eat there- didnt need to as so many cafes nearby. The only issue we had was initially finding the entrance to the hotel

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

The Crown Meropol have managed to create a hotel experience that is as enjoyable as it is memorable. Regular travellers might feel that one hotel blends into another over time and in many ways a hotel can be a quite soulless place. But here while it's not particularly soulful, they have managed to create a space that feels refreshingly set apart from so many hotel experiences.

I would usually advise anyone visiting Melbourne, even for work, to get out into the city and outlying areas to explore this vibrant town. However, spending some time in the Metropol's spa is a must. Enjoy the pool with it's fantastic views across the city, or run your daily K's on machines as you watch the sun go down looking down on the busy city traffic far below.

Great service, great location - right in the middle of everywhere you want to be.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Newcastle, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011 via mobile

Pretty much what you expect for a 5 star hotel. Except when we checked in to our 2 rooms at 4pm, one was an absolute mess they promptly cleaned it & gave us a both of wine to apologize. The pool is a must! Make sure you spend some time in there under the giant tap, it's just like an awesome massage.

• Stayed October 2011
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

I was only in Melbourne for the one night but thought I'd pay a bit extra to stay in a better hotel. In general I was very happy with the experience at Crown Metropol. When I arrived in the taxi my door was immediately opened for me and my luggage removed. This was a nice change from some places I've been in the past. There was a bit of a line up at check in but the counter was well staffed and they processed people fairly quickly. When my turn came the person was organised, friendly and efficient. All ticks for the initial experience.

Upon entering my room I was impressed by the modern, stylish layout. The bed was well presented and all the necessary amenities were provided plus more. The TV service was excellent. Nice big HD screen with a huge selection of channels. Probably the best I've seen in a hotel. The bathroom was a very funky design but wouldn't be the most private environment with the sliding screens. Then again if your sharing a hotel room then you'd assume you know the other person pretty well :) Maybe more style than function here.

Location is fantastic with an elevator trip to the shopping area with a walk down the mall to the casino and other Southbank features. Unfortunately I'd left my mobile phone charger at home and discovered there are no mobile phone shops in this area. Was a bit of a hike into town to find one. Thats my fault of course :)

All up it was a very good (if short) stay. The hotel may be a bit more style than substance as it didn't quite have the top quality feel that you'd expect from the very best establishments. Still, it was very nice.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo

Been to Crown Metropol Melbourne? Share your experiences!