“took advantage of being the only place in town” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Monte Villa Motor Inn

You added Monte Villa Motor Inn to your Saves list
Monte Villa Motor Inn
3.5 of 5 Motel   |   78 Old Geelong Road | Hpppers Crossing, Melbourne, Victoria 3029, Australia   |
Ranked #117 of 171 Hotels in Melbourne
Hamilton, New Zealand
“took advantage of being the only place in town”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2011

My problems started with the booking - they were asked repeatedly for room information, such as if the room had air-conditioning, and I needed to ask three times before I got a straight answer. I booked via email and was asked for my credit card numbers which I entered on the booking button on their website. I did this and was told that my number had magically disappeared and I had to ring my details through. I did this (an international call) and, three months later as I emailed to confirm the booking I was told that my card had declined. They had not told me this, turned out one of the staff had written down my number wrong. By this stage I was feeling pretty dubious about the wisdom of the booking, but as there did not seem to be any other options in town I had to continue with this booking. When I got there I found that my email altering the booking had been ignored and I had been charged for a night I did not stay - even though I had requested a while previously to alter the booking.
The room was badly made up each day - one bed made and not the other - dirty dishes left etc. The reception was had to get hold of as they never manned the desk. And we were not allowed to talk to the hosts after 9 pm except in an emergency. The place had a restaurant and one night a really loud function was being held till late and I had no way to contact reception about the problem. As I had to ask reception for an outside line, I was unable to contact the local noise control either. The queen bed felt like it had lumps all thought it, and the room was right alongside the railway line. Outside the room was an ashtray and it was filled with dirty butts for the entire stay. While I and my possessions were safe, I feel that this hotel was not worth it at all. I regret wasting my money.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)

Been to Monte Villa Motor Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Monte Villa Motor Inn

Address: 78 Old Geelong Road | Hpppers Crossing, Melbourne, Victoria 3029, Australia
Location: Australia > Victoria > Melbourne
Business Center with Internet Access Free Parking Restaurant Spa
Ranked #117 of 171 Hotels in Melbourne
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Monte Villa Motor Inn 3.5*
Welcome to the 3.5 Star Monte Villa Motor Inn.Monte Villa Motor Inn is the ideal choice for all visitors, tourists and business travelers looking for Accommodation in Werribee or Hoppers Crossing.We have a convenient location just 20km from the heart of the Melbourne CBD and its business, shopping and theater districts.We are within easy reach of some well know attractions and activities including the Werribee Zoo, RAAF Museum, State Rose Garden, and Werribee Park National Equestrian Centre. Monte Villa Motor Inn is suited to anyone looking for a perfect launching pad for those wishing to explore the Point Cook National Park and surrounding areas to the West of Melbourne.Public transport and Freeway exits are just 5 minutes from your door, providing easy access to Melbournes CBD including the MCG and ETIHAD Stadiums, the Victorian Arts Center, Southbank and more. Ideally located near both Tullamarine and Avalon Airports, also Located within 5 minutes walk from the Hoppers Crossing Train Station, the Monte Villa Motor Inn is your key to exploring the abundance greater Melbourne has to offer.The Monte Villa Motor Inn also offers a licensed restaurant on site, with charge-back facilities with local clubs and restaurants. Perfect for overnight stays, weary business travelers hoping to escape the inner-city hustle and bustle, families keen to explore the plentiful attractions, and anyone wanting convenient Werribee and Hoppers Crossing accommodation just out of the heart of Melbourne. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Monte Villa Motor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Monte Villa Motor Inn, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.