“A little bit of Luxury” 5 of 5 stars
Review of About Melbourne Apartments

You added About Melbourne Apartments to your Saves list
About Melbourne Apartments
4.0 of 5 Condominium   |   16 Liverpool Street | 225 Elizabeth Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia   |
Brisbane, Australia
“A little bit of Luxury”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Such a fantastic place to stay. Simplistic stylish decor. Felt more like visiting your stylish friends apartments while away. Thanks for the little touches such as the extensive menus and places to go. So glad I chose to stay here.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
aboutmelbourneapts, Owner at About Melbourne Apartments, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review About Melbourne Apartments!

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at our Liverpool 16 property!
We would be more than happy to be your "stylish friends" again on your next trip to Melbourne, we are so happy we were able to make you feel at home!

We look forward to welcoming you back to About Melbourne Apartments again very soon!

Amelia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

My in-laws husband and I stayed here just after Christmas and we must have been the WORST clients they ever had (we locked our stuff in the safe, needed car parking when we hadn´t booked, weren´t ready to check out on time) but the staff took it all in their stride and went well and truly above and beyond to make us comfortable and ensure we enjoyed our stay.... I really do not know how they kept their cool with us because I would have.... Regardless, the rooms were clean, bathroom was clean and well supplied. There is a bit of street noise which can be heard into the small hours of the morning (we thought it must have been a nightclub area) but other than that a very pleasant stay. The hotel is located very centrally, with free connecting trams and buses all around, only a 15 minute walk into Bourke St Mall which was so convenient. Highly recommended apartment!

Room Tip: All rooms were neat and very clean.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to review About Melbourne Apartments!

We are happy to hear that we were able to accommodate all your last minute requests, it really was our pleasure to look after you!

Coffs Harbour, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

I stayed in the penthouse apartment, which was amazing!!! So clean and modern, lots of little additions around the apartment which I loved! The DVD selection, the complementary chocolates, the toiletries, and the coffee! Loved the design of the unit and I just totally felt like I was in a perfect home away from home. The views of the city were amazing, and the location was perfect. Close to so many little restaurants, cafes, shops, and all the fabulous things about Melbourne. The staff were great to deal with, and with no concierge the self check in was a breeze and totally just made me feel like I lived there. Way better than a hotel if you want to take a break and really 'live in the city' that you're visiting. Will absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
aboutmelbourneapts, Owner at About Melbourne Apartments, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review About Melbourne Apartments!

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your first stay with us at our Liverpool 16 property in our Penthouse Apartment 904!
We are happy to hear that the property and features made you feel like you got to really live in Melbourne, even for a short time! And so glad the lack of reception on concierge facilities were not an inconvenience for you.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

Everything was perfect till the housekeeping barged into our apartment in the morning on our last day of stay. Asked me twice if we were to had a late check out at 4pm. I could see their points depreciate like Chun-Li's HP after getting a punch from Ken's O-Yu-Ken. Perhaps the Christmas spirit did created a bottle-neck down the communication pipeline between sales dept and the ops team. Not a rare site among hoteliers...
And it doesn't help when the bugger left my door unlocked when he exited.

Meanwhile, we had a very nice stay in the apartment. I must say it was very difficult to locate, as the street it was in was not even on the map. The kind driver on the Sky Bus had to alight everyone else and make 3-4 turns to find it for us. Bless the kind soul.

Once you locate it, everything else was smooth-running.
The apartment is equipped with almost everything, from washing machine,dryer,toaster,oven,TV,floor fan, dvd player and dvds,ashtray in the balcony for smokers,champagne in the fridge,and all utensils. Towels were old but clean. we could spot a bug or two,but it was summer and excusable. Heater and aircondition was very well maintained.
Our stay there was a bliss.

Not to mention it was near many restaurants and convenience stores, and a stone throw away from Chinatown, food and other essentials are not a problem.

Safety in the area is rather good too. Still, simple due diligence is still required.

I'd strongly recommend this apartment for couples, but not old folks. There is only one elevator servicing the apartment. We overheard residents ahead of us complaining about the elevator breaking down pretty often, and we were rather lucky not to experience it. We were staying on the 10th floor and looking up we see another floor on top of us.
Say if you stay on the top floor and the only elevator breaks down, that will really spice up your vacation.

Room Tip: Not sure where is north and south, but the threes seemed to have a better view. There is one side fa...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to review About Melbourne Apartments!

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed Apartment 1004 at our Liverpool 16 property!

Thank you for your feedback, and I am sorry to hear of the troubles with your late check out and I apologize that our housekeeper was unaware of our arrangements and disturbed you on the morning of your departure!
We do provide extensive directions to our property in all of our information provided to guests over the course of booking, as we are aware that many of Melbourne's lane ways can be difficult to locate, even for local drivers. This is also why we are always on call to help with directions should you have issues locating us!
We do only have one lift in the Liverpool 16 building and as with all lifts outages do occur, luckily there were none during your stay that you had to deal with! We do of course have emergency lift maintenance company on call who can attend in a matter of minutes should the lift cease operating, so guests having to walk flights of stairs to access their rooms is highly uncommon unless it is by choice!

I am so happy to hear that all in all your stay with us was bliss!
We look forward to welcoming you back to About Melbourne Apartments again!

Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

My girl friend and I stayed in the Liverpool Street Apartment to attend at wedding and were most impressed. The quality of the linen and towels and equipment were of the highest quality. The shower was excellent and lovely and hot, and the beds were comfortable. We were so central and could walk almost anywhere, and the trams were close by. We loved it and wished we could have stayed longer. We had a wonderful friendly welcome when we arrived and as two females loved the security of the place and felt really safe. I would defy a smoker to enjoy a fag on the skinny balcony, where you can see the street below!! We loved the snazzy atmosphere and the buzzing café life up this sweet little street, and the noise didn't bother us at all. We will highly recommend this place - it was great. We appreciated the little "starter pack" that was provided and would have loved to have knocked off the fizz in the fridge!! There was no WiFi and we highly recommend you book it in advance - we missed the small print. Thank you Melbourne - we loved your city!! It was rocking - went to the semi final tennis too and that was great fun!!

Room Tip: Book Wi Fi in advance - we missed the small print. If you hang out on the skinny metal balcony you...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for taking the time to review About Melbourne Apartments!

We are delighted to hear that you ladies enjoyed your first stay with us at our Liverpool 16 property in Apartment 303, and obviously took in all the highlights of the property, area, events and everything Melbourne has to offer!

We look forward to welcoming you back to About Melbourne Apartments again very soon and we promise to have another bottle of fizz waiting for you next time to tempt you!

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Apartment is very tidy, compactly comfortable and functional. It is very well located to immerse yourself in the CBD experience. Yes, there is a but......
Any tourist in Melbourne is highly dependant on information to get around and fully enjoy their time spent, such as maps and navigation, weather, trams and travel info, restaurant/cafe reviews and locations and a variety of service info and tourist destinations etc.
I made numerous requests (had to leave a message) to request Wi-Fi and those calls were returned but we kept missing each other. No messages or instructions were left. I spent 4 nights in those apartments and have never spoken to that lady (who I am sure is very nice), and still have no idea about which hoops I have to jump through in order to get Wi-Fi. On our travels I stayed in numerous styles of other accommodation and accessing Wi-Fi was made simple in all those cases. About Melbourne should make it simpler and more direct.
Thank you to the nearby Crossley Hotel, where I was able to pick-up complimentary Wi-Fi on occasion.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
aboutmelbourneapts, Owner at About Melbourne Apartments, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review About Melbourne Apartments!

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed Apartment 402 at our Liverpool 16 property!

Thank you for your feedback, and in response to your comments about issues with our provided WiFi access.
It was a pity you were unable to attend the property and meet me for check in on the 29th December, instead sending two others from your group. Upon check in your friends did mention WiFi access and I explained as we provide Telstra 4G Pre-paid WiFi modems these are normally booked or requested as part of your stay prior to arrival. I explained I would be happy to drop a device to your apartment the following morning (30/12). They advised me to wait to hear from you. Unfortunately I did not hear from you until early evening on 31st December at which point our office was not open, and I was only available for emergencies on site. I did make every effort to reach you but was unable to get hold of you. As our office was also closed on New Years Day and you were due to check out at 10am on the 2nd January we were unable to provide you with a pre-paid WiFi device. I am very sorry to hear that this spoiled your trip to Melbourne and your stay with us, but thank goodness you were able to pick up a complimentary signal from next door on occasion.

We look forward to welcoming you back to About Melbourne Apartments again!

Sydney Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

This is the 4th year we have stayed at these great apartments and will definitely stay here again next year. The location is great and only about 5 minutes walk down hill to the shops. They are also very close (2 minutes) to great China Town restaurants, The Windsor Hotel and inner city pubs.

The apartments have everything you could possibly need and it was good to see some updated DVDs. We really appreciate the tea, coffee machine, biscuits etc. in the kitchen as these make you feel very at home. The last 2 years we have booked an apartment on the 9th floor with a balcony and would certainly do so again. The balcony which is small, still has a table 2 chairs and a little BBQ on it which provides more options to eat at home or spend time reading in the sun.

We stayed 6 nights and the apartment was serviced during our stay which was really nice. Being on the 9th floor we didn't really hear any outside noise. We have also stayed on the 4th floor and found that apartment to be quiet as well.

I was really impressed when I paid our final payment and was contacted the same day to say I had paid $20 odd dollars too much and where would I like the refund to go. We have stayed in other places where we were over charged and had to wait months to receive a refund.

We will certainly be back.

Room Tip: The apartments with balconies are great as they provide natural air flow and the option to sit outsi...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
aboutmelbourneapts, Owner at About Melbourne Apartments, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review About Melbourne Apartments!

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your latest stay with us at our Liverpool 16 property in Apartment 904!
We are so happy you noticed the little changes in the apartment since your last stay with us... we do constantly look for ways to improve upon our service and our properties especially for our most loyal repeat guests.

We wish you a happy New Year for 2014 and look forward to welcoming you back to About Melbourne Apartments again very soon!

Amelia

Been to About Melbourne Apartments? Share your experiences!