“Wonderful Stay!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Docklands

You added Travelodge Docklands to your Saves list
Travelodge Docklands
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   66 Aurora Lane | Docklands, Melbourne, Victoria 3008, Australia (Docklands)   |
Ranked #50 of 173 Hotels in Melbourne
Melbourne, Australia
“Wonderful Stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

Stayed 3 nights in Nov 2013. Short walking distance from Airport Skybus or train at Southern Cross train station. Room was clean, modern & comfortable. Only drawback was lack of nearby restaurants for evening meals, so we have to walk to Crown Casino several times. Though it may be quiet and dark at night but it is still safe to walk along the streets. Great value for money, friendly staff and will definitely return!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Jen A, Manager at Travelodge Docklands, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Hi Monkeybone11,

We would like to thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback.

Our main focus is to create a wonderful experience for all of our guests. It is always a great pleasure as team to hear that our guests have enjoyed their experience with us here at Travelodge Docklands.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our Travelodge Hotels in the near future.

Jen Aktag | Assistant Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Hebrew first
Belgium
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

Rooms are absolutely fine, meaning that they're clean and everything you need is there. Breakfast is good too and it has a reasonable price. However, the staff is absent. I had a problem with my room 1313 which was extremely noisy (maybe the air conditioner not working properly?), so in the morning I asked for "urgent" maintenance using the form available in the room. When I came back in the late evening the form had been collected but nothing had been done against the noise nor had anyone left me a message whatsoever. I went down to the reception and the guys there knew nothing of my request, but at least they agreed to give me another room and, when I asked, a breakfast voucher as compensation. Another thing that I'd like to point out is that the first room had two beds and one convertible which was folded out into a third bed, thus taking away a lot of space... even though I was a solo traveller. This made me think from the beginning that service in this hotel was not so attentive of our needs. Anyway everything was ok in the second room, 1326. Last thing about the staff: I am not native speaker, but either my English is worse than I thought, or the girls at the reception had serious language issues. I found it very difficult to communicate with them.
Apart from this, if I were to go back to Melbourne I would definitely choose a more central location than Travelodge Docklands. Besides, guests at this hotel only have 15 minutes free wi-fi daily in the lobby, while Federation Square in the city center offers free wi-fi to everyone all day long instead.

Room Tip: Don't accept room 1313: you won't be able to sleep from the noise. 1326 is good.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear Cristina1983,

We thank you for your review about your recent stay at Travelodge Docklands. We also believe that our prices are reasonable and in line with our competitors.

We are glad that you enjoyed your second room and the team were able to rectify the issue for you. Please accept our apology that the issue wasn’t recognised the first time.

I have communicated your feedback to our team, moving forward we will improve by ensuring we are providing our guest with clear communication. Should you wish to discuss the matter further, I can be contacted on 03 8615 1000.

Our location is favoured by many of our guests as we are only a short walking distance to all the main attractions. Next door is Southern Cross station and Etihad Stadium. Less than 300 metres to our right is the Flinders Street tram stop where you can catch the free city circle tram. Our Friendly Team is available 24 hours to assist with ensuring the comfort of all our guests.

Thank you again for taking the time to provide us with your feedback, we hope to welcome you back to Travelodge Docklands in the near future.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

Stayed in this property for 1 night in Feb 2014. Got this room for only 112 AUD from it's rack rate of 150+ AUD because I bought as mystery hotel in wotif (but you can totally guessed it from the description though; note there's a service charge of 5.5 AUD if booking via wotif). Overall the stay was enjoyable, modern, clean, location is great. Too bad in this era, they don't have free in room wifi. I was not informed on the 15 mins free wifi at lobby (I only knew by reading other reviews just now, after I'm back). Overall I would stay here again, but only if it's discounted. Would be hard to justify the value if it was full price. If you have a car, I would actually recommend to stay elsewhere at city fringe just to avoid the harsh parking fee.

Pro:
- Modern, clean, very big room. Yes the king size bed are 2 beds adjoined but I don't see the big deal. There's even a sofa bed so this room can actually support 3 people comfortably.
- Amenities were good; microwave, safe, mini fridge, hair dryer, TV and AIR CON! (really helpful for summer where I experienced 42 degrees celcius!) Literally it was just missing the free wifi in this modern world.
- Strategic location; you can walk to Etihad stadium, train station, Yarra river & Flinders street (although a bit far). Shuttle bus to airport, nearby.
- Near the lobby they also have shared computer & laundry facilities but you have to pay extra.

Cons:
- No in room free wifi and it was expensive too, like over 19 AUD for few hours? I was not informed on the free 15 mins wifi at the lobby.
- Parking is expensive (20 AUD) - although you can ask them to stamp it for multiple entries.
- Even though I have prepaid for the room, I'm still requested to swipe my credit card for 50 AUD deposit although they will cancel it if no problem.

Again, overall the stay was enjoyable. If discounted, value for money esp if you got a discount like me & if you don't bring a car. If you find my review to be helpful, pls click that helpful vote. Thanks!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Jen A, Manager at Travelodge Docklands, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Dear Ti_Chan,

We are delightful to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

We are also glad that you found our location convenient and short walking distance to all the main attractions.

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back.

darwin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

Basic small rooms. Comfortable king size bed.

Floor to ceiling window - very nice.

On the morning we left, we were getting dressed and there was a knock at the door. Before my husband could "hide" himself - a cleaner stuck her head in than out and closed the door.

How random.

2 minutes later - repeat performance.

Parking is a pain.

Overall- reasonable.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear trudiDarwin,

Thank you for your review on our hotel. We appreciate all feedback positive and negative.

Please accept our apology for the quick entrance into your room by our Room Attendants; I will share your feedback with our Housekeeping team to ensure that we allow more time for our guest to respond to our knock on the door for room service.

Our Team is available 24 hours to assist with ensuring the comfort of all our guests. Parking is next door with lift access through ground level of 717 complex. If you wish to discuss further for ways in which we can improve our parking arrangements, I can be contacted on 03 8615 1000.

Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

Stayed here for a couple of nights to visit friends in Melbourne. We chose it because it had a good offer on and because it was near the Skybus shuttle for the airport.
We liked the hotel, the rooms were a decent size and we were on the 13th floor but no views as there was a building right behind the hotel.
We did not eat at the hotel but the docklands are is full of eateries and seems to attract young people and was lively.
You have to pay for WiFi but you do get 15 minutes free in the lobby.
All in all we would recommend this hotel for a short stay, especially as it is near the airport shuttle and Southern Cross railway station

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear rin1952,

Thank you for your review on our hotel. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed staying with us.

We are also pleased to hear that you found our location short walking distance to all the main attractions.

Thank you again for taking the time to provide us with your feedback, we hope you will choose us again as your preferred Melbourne hotel in the near future.

Christchurch, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

I was dubious at first staying at a Travelodge for its historic reputation but I found the Docklands branch was great value for money, great central location and many more for my 5 nights, 6 days stay. I suppose it maybe new or newly refurbished. I would definitely stay here again when I am in Melbourne provided that it remains or improves its quality.

I stayed here in February 2-7, 2014 and found the hotel very good: King Superior Room was a good size and good value for money, very clean (but could be cleaner), good friendly staff, good laundry facilities, my bed was made every day and very comfortable. It was good to see a microwave in the room just in case you want to heat something. Access to wifi is becoming a must to most people so should therefore be free longer and faster.

The location was great: center enough in town but far away enough from the noise (if that makes sense).

Located behind the Southern Cross Station, I was within 5-10 minutes walk away (head towards Channel 9 building). I can always stop by Spencer Street Outlet for last minute shopping spree or just have a bite to eat before I retire for the day. There are a few smaller quick eateries around and a Countdown and Coles within the Station.

Harbour Town Outlet store and Costco is within 10 minutes walking distance along the slowly establishing Docklands. I preferred the Tram because of the heat.

Go down Spencer Street and just walk up Bourke Street to get to the center of town: to get to Myers and David Jones, QV etc.

Make sure you have good walking shoes and have a versatile wardrobe for the Melbourne Weather.

Room Tip: Loved the 10th Floor. Reasonably good view of the offices next door but high enough from the noise t...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Dear R V,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback.

Our focus is to always create a wonderful experience for our guest and with your feedback as indication that we are on the right path.

Hobart, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

The buffet breakfasts were great - the only thing I could see missing was fresh fruit, however this was not really an issue there was plenty of everything else. The reason for our disappointment was the cleanliness of the room, especially the bathroom - the corner ridges around the shower base (the part the shower door sits in) were dirty with built up 'grot' (sorry don't know what one calls it!), the bathroom floor appeared to not have had a good wash for some time - in general the whole room/establishment needs a good clean, including the front curtain area which face the lane. I would call the towels supplied a 'grey white'. We feel a good guide to how clean hotels are is the cleanliness of the bathroom. normally we are not ones to complain however we believe the cleanliness is a definite issue. A fire alarm went off whilst we were there and we were advised to remain in our areas - the problem was we were never advised the situation was resolved and thus we waited in our room for some time finally calling reception who advised the problem had been resolved some time before. We will not be staying with this establishment again despite the price being very reasonable. Unfortunately I didn't have our camera to supply photograph....and the safe did not work - although we forgot to mention this so really can't complain.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Jen A, Manager at Travelodge Docklands, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear ERiley69,

I would like to thank you for providing us your review. We appreciate all feedback positive or negative.

I was very troubled by your feedback and would like to offer my sincerest apologises for any frustration or disappointment you felt as a result of your stay.

I will be addressing your feedback up with the team members in question to ensure they all understand how vital it is to maintain our standards of cleanliness to ensure a comfortable stay for our guests.

Thank you once again for taking the time to provide us with your feedback; we hope you will reward us the opportunity for second chance and rectify the matter.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Jen Aktag | Assistant Hotel Manager

Been to Travelodge Docklands? Share your experiences!