“Modern, clean... but someone needs to re-consider their matress supplier. NEVER. AGAIN.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Docklands

You added Travelodge Docklands to your Saves list
Travelodge Docklands
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   66 Aurora Lane | Docklands, Melbourne, Victoria 3008, Australia (Docklands)   |
Ranked #46 of 157 Hotels in Melbourne
Kilmore, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

The room's were clean and tidy and did the job, not much of a view but pretty good overall. HOWEVER, THE BEDS, MY GOD. I stayed here for a week and by the end I could barely stand up without being in stiff pain, the pillows were so awful I get a sore neck just thinking about them. The larger beds were just two single beds pushed together, I had one of the worst nights sleep of my entire life. As this was a business trip with around 25-50 others, I can definitely say I was not alone in this issue, I think one of the best conversation starters on the trip was "how terrible are the beds at the hotel?!?" As much as I thought the staff were the great, the rooms were functional, clean and modern, the beds were enough to put me off. I will never return to this hotel or stay in another travelodge again for that matter.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
JamesColeman, General Manager at Travelodge Docklands, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Ellen C

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Needless to say I am dissapointed you didn't have a good nights sleep.

Our mattress supplier is Sleepmaker and the beds are Hotel Supreme Ensembles. They are King Zip mattresses - not two singles pushed together.

Beds are a subjective matter and whist most people love them we understand that some may not.

Please feel free to contact me directly to discuss should you wish.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

My sister, daughter and myself stayed for 3 nights as we were booked to see the recording of Millionaire Hot Seat. We found staying here was central to everything, Channel 9 studio, Etihad Stadium, Outlet shopping mall, grand Crown Casino, trams, trains & shops. The staff were very pleasant and helpful during our stay. Our room suited us with 3 single beds, it was warm, quiet, and serviced each day. We would fully recommend this location for anyone visiting Melbourne.

Room Tip: 7th floor had a good view.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Dianne D
JamesColeman, General Manager at Travelodge Docklands, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Dianne D

I am delighted that your experience with us was positive and I would like to thank you for sharing this on Trip Advisor.

The team here take great pride in their guest service so it is very pleasing to see this recognised.

I hope to welcome you back before too long.

Geelong, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

My husband and I have travelled to most parts of the world and around Australia. It was a real pleasure to be greeted by Gary and Erica at the front desk of the Travelodge Docklands Melbourne Australia. They were engaging, informative, warm and friendly. They explained the car park facilities which took all the stress out of parking our car. We just followed their directions. The Travelodge exceeded expectations with the room, in house meals to our room and breakfast in the morning. The site was was within walking distance to central Melbourne. A great venue and value for money. We will come again.

From a visitor with 44 years corporate experience and one that values professionalism. l

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter. The Travelodge Docklands site was within walking distance to M...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lorraine s
Dear lorraine s

Thank you for sharing this positive and informative review. I am absolutely delighted that we exceeded your expectations and look forward to welcoming you back next time you are up from Geelong.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Stayed for 5 nights on a great deal in April 2013 and can recommend the Travelodge for a short stay. Room was modern, bright, spacious and clean. Location was great; only a short stroll to the free City Circle tram stop, 10min walk to Harbour Town outlet shopping mall, close to Docklands restaurants and bars, virtually adjacent to Etihad Stadium and Southern Cross railway station, etc. If you don't mind being a short distance away from the main city centre, this is a great choice for a peaceful nights' sleep and offers good value for money. My only complaint was the fee for WiFi, but I guess more and more hotels charge for this now. However, I would still stay at the Travelodge Docklands again in future if their pricing remains competitive.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear OzMaryAnn

Thank you for sharing your positive comments. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that the location suited your needs.

I do hope you choose us again when you are next in Melbourne.

Tasmania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Stayed here to go to soccer at Etihad Stadium, great location easy walk to trams, trains etc. Very quiet with adequate rooms, good bedding and heating in rooms, friendly staff, nice breakfast. A hidden away location which is very central, would definitely recommend and stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear szoka

Thanks for taking the time to review Travelodge Docklands.

I would agree that we are a perfect spot to stay if you are in Melbourne for any event at Etihad Stadium.

We hope you choose to stay with us again.

newcastle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Stayed 2 nights - Friday/Saturday. Staff friendly and helpful especially Madi. Small but clean and comfortable room. Very quiet. Great bed/bedding. Easy access to walk to free City Circle tram and other trams on Collins Street. Close to Spencer Street Station/shopping and South Wharf DFO. Breakfast very nice. Would definitely recommend and would stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear evking

Thank you for your positive review about Travelodge Docklands.

I am delighted that you have recognised Madi's exceptional service and I have passed your feedback to her.

We hope you choose to stay again in the near future.

Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Adequate, comfortable, clean accommodation with just enough space for 3 single beds for 3 travellers. There's a good little kitchenette but you must go to reception to purchase minibar items. Take all your bathroom items as there was only one little shampoo & conditioner between 3 of us however there was a good hairdryer, iron and ironing board. Finding the entry was a nightmare approaching via Collins St or the bridge over the railway station. There are a series of steps or lifts and buildings to traipse around and no visible signage to guide the walker. Neither bedside lamp worked on arrival but immediate attention received and problems resolved. Fine for an overnight stay.

Room Tip: Lovely comfy clean beds
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Maturegirl3199

Thank you for your review on Travelodge Docklands. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and now that you know where we are we hope you'll choose to stay again in the near future.