Stayed overnight last week. Was on business and the room had been booked by someone else who was covering all expenses. Very friendly check-in lady but didn't ask for my credit card details. As expenses were covered didn't think anything of it.
But then couldn't use the internet and when I called reception was told I would have to come down and show a credit card. When I complained and said I'd go down later they switched the internet on.
Only one small bar/cafe/restaurant so if that is busy there is nowhere to go. When I went in at 6pm a commercial wine tasting was in full swing so no seats for guests. when I asked if there was another bar, man on reception unhelpful.
No record of taxi I had pre-ordered night before so on check out had to wait whilst another one was found.
A trendy, modern hotel, well appointed and in a really convenient location but let down by inattentive service.
- Also Known As:
- Art Series - The Olsen Hotel Melbourne
- Art Series - The Olsen Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on Melbourne’s prestigious Chapel Street, The Olsen Hotel offers travelers premier South Yarra accommodation with 229 elegant five-star suites that are infused with the lyrical works of revered Australian Landscape artist Dr John Olsen. Breathtaking mural and sculpture greet you on arrival and large prints adorn all hallways and suites. This boutique Melbourne hotel is complimented by a day spa and two delicious restaurants; you will be reveling in the Art of [Creature Comforts]. At The Olsen Hotel, one can sleep soundly on Art Series Signature bedding, plunge into the spectacular glass bottom pool with Chapel Street shoppers below, work out in our state-of-the-art gymnasium or step out for some retail therapy. These South Yarra accommodations offer plentiful natural light and are thoughtfully appointed with 42” flatscreen televisions, wireless internet access and complete kitchenettes.For a longer stay settle into an exclusive art inspired residential suite.Olsen is regarded as one of Australia’s greatest living painters and won the Archibald Prize in 2005 for his portrait Self Portrait Janus Faced.Experience Olsen’s charm, wit and passion for life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Tingo, Otel, Splendia, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA and Venere so you can book your Art Series - The Olsen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.