In my last 7 trips to Melbourne I have stayed in 10 hotels. My next 10 trips to Melbourne I will be staying in only one, the Olsen.
I moved to this hotel after spending 2 freezing nights in another so-called "boutique" hotel in South Yarra. I have been looking for a hotel in the South Yarra area for a while that mixes comfort, style and service together with good prices and good food. Just when I had almost given up hope I discovered the Olsen.
At check in I was informed that as this was my first stay in the hotel I was being upgraded to a balcony suite. This really set the tone for a stay that was punctuated by warm friendly service and professionalism.
The room was beautiful and stylish, not particularly large, but comfortable and well furnished. The bed was apparently a special "olsen series" bed and was quite comfortable.
Parking garage was relatively easy to get in and out of but would probably fill up quick in busy times, the leftover spots then will be those really hard to get into corner spots.
The staff were friendly, polite and despite this being a pretty classy hotel in a classy area (I spotted more then a few celebrities over the 3 day stay) the staff were never snobby or patronising.
If you need to stay in South Yarra this hotel should be at the top of the list of choices.
- Also Known As:
- Art Series - The Olsen Hotel Melbourne
- Art Series - The Olsen Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on Melbourne’s prestigious Chapel Street, The Olsen Hotel offers travelers premier South Yarra accommodation with 229 elegant five-star suites that are infused with the lyrical works of revered Australian Landscape artist Dr John Olsen. Breathtaking mural and sculpture greet you on arrival and large prints adorn all hallways and suites. This boutique Melbourne hotel is complimented by a day spa and two delicious restaurants; you will be reveling in the Art of [Creature Comforts]. At The Olsen Hotel, one can sleep soundly on Art Series Signature bedding, plunge into the spectacular glass bottom pool with Chapel Street shoppers below, work out in our state-of-the-art gymnasium or step out for some retail therapy. These South Yarra accommodations offer plentiful natural light and are thoughtfully appointed with 42” flatscreen televisions, wireless internet access and complete kitchenettes.For a longer stay settle into an exclusive art inspired residential suite.Olsen is regarded as one of Australia’s greatest living painters and won the Archibald Prize in 2005 for his portrait Self Portrait Janus Faced.Experience Olsen’s charm, wit and passion for life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Expedia, Splendia, Olotels, Agoda, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Art Series - The Olsen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.