“Genuine professional service with a smile every single stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Art Series - The Olsen

Save Saved
You added Art Series - The Olsen to your Saves list
Art Series - The Olsen
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   637 - 641 Chapel Street | South Yarra, Melbourne, Victoria 3141, Australia (South Yarra)   |
Offers & Announcements
STAY 2 SAVE 20%
Ranked #19 of 171 hotels in Melbourne
Melbourne
“Genuine professional service with a smile every single stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

After staying at this hotel at least a dozen times I thought the wonderful team definitely deserved a review. After staying for a large variety of reasons it has been wonderful time after time. The team there doesn't just provide great service, they provide genuine service. My family, friends and I have celebrated many of our celebrations at The Olsen and each time the team has gone above and beyond to meet all of our needs.
The managers such as Lee, Amy and Jarrod are all very hands on and approachable. All the Front Office team was very helpful. The girls at Front Desk are always smiling and full of knowledge. Romy is a Superstar! The Concierge team there always recommends quality bars, cafes and restaurants to us! Cameron and Paul are very good at what they do. The swimming pool is wonderful with its glass bottom floor.
Finally I must mention the very unique decor as it really does feel like you are staying in a trendy gallery and one can see that Art Series Hotels really knows what they're doing!!!!

Room Tip: Spa suites are very romantic, 2 bedroom suites are ideal for those travelling with family or friends...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Rowena C, Guest Relations Manager at Art Series - The Olsen, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Brendan,

Thank you for taking the time to write a fantastic review regarding your experiences whilst staying here at [The Olsen].

It sounds like you have become a familiar face at [The Olsen] and have met many members of our Team. I would like to thank you for your kind words and will be sure to pass on your feedback to the staff you have mentioned. In particular you mentioned that our staff provide genuine service, this is something that we strive for at Art Series.

We really do appreciate feedback and I am delighted to hear that you have thoroughly enjoyed each time you have stayed with us.

Once again thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review regarding your time here at [The Olsen]. We look forward to welcoming you back!

866 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Very chilled out, whether for business or pleasure it is fantastic! The rooms are big and spacious, clean and smell great. Can not recommend this hotel highly enough to everyone I know!
I have stayed in hotels all over the world and quite honestly the Olsen is one of my favourites and I always stay here when I come to Melbourne.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Rowena C, Guest Relations Manager at Art Series - The Olsen, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear 315Tom,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us here at [The Olsen]. It is fantastic to hear guest feedback and it sounds like you really enjoyed your stay.

It is an honour to hear that we are considered one of your favourites considering you are an avid traveller.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Loved my daily swim in the heated pool, loved the artworks that adored every corridor and room, loved the happy friendly staff and loved my bed. Hotel very difficult to fault - would highly recommend it for business or leisure.

Room Tip: Ask the staff - they are very honest!
Dear Clare W,

I would like to start by thanking you for taking the time to write a fantastic review regarding your recent stay with us here at [The Olsen]. We are very fortunate to have a funky glass bottom swimming pool that overlooks onto Chapel Street, I am very happy to hear that you made the most of it.

Art Series tries to ensure that guests are surrounded by art, at [The Olsen] we are very lucky to have an array of prints in our guest suites in addition to the origional works of Dr John Olsen in our Galleries.

I am delighted to read your comment regarding the team here "ask the staff - they are very honest!". At [The Olsen] we ensure our team are honest and give genuine advice/recommendations.

Once again thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Your standard 4 or 5 star hotel in a big city sometimes can feel rather old fashioned and uninspiring. Yes, you will get the good service in these hotels, but the mainstream 'luxury' decor (and lobby bars that have a vibe akin to that of a doctor's surgery waiting room) often lead to a rather lacklustre experience. Looking for a new experience in one of my many trips to Melbourne, I moved away from the usual 4 or 5 star CBD hotel and instead booked 2 nights at The Olsen in South Yarra.

Unsurprisingly, the lobby (which is tucked away from the thoroughfare of Chapel Street) has a modern, lively and sophisticated vibe. Next to the lobby is the hotel restaurant 'Spoonbill' which is great for both a drink before heading out for the night or for a tasty lunch or dinner. I can recommend the shredded vegetable salad and the kinkawooka mussels.

The hotel room was a comfortable size with good natural lighting entering from a large window. The room also contained basic kitchen facilities including an electric stove and a sink. The bed had incredibly comfortable sheets and pillows which I looked forward to jumping into each evening.

Travel to the CBD or other areas such as Southbank or St Kilda was easy and cheap (never more than a $10-15 taxi fare). Being directly on Chapel Street, The Olsen was close to the action (but without being on top of it). I felt everything I needed was only ever a short walk or taxi ride away.

I can highly recommend the Norbu Urban Retreat Day Spa. Not long after I arrived at the hotel, I was able to make a last minute beauty appointment. The next day I went back for a beautiful massage and a detoxifying infrared sauna, which was much needed after the big night out I had.

The Olsen is a game changer and will leave you questioning why you'd ever stay at the usual big luxury hotel chains again.

Dear embo001,

Wow what a fantastic review! I cannot express how happy I am to receive your insightful experience here at [The Olsen]. Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review regarding your recent stay with us.

I enjoyed that you described your experience from your first impression of arriving at the hotel to the details of the suite and the facilities.

Also, we are now selling our Art Series Signature Bedding so you can take the comfort home with you!

Once again thank you for the kind words regarding your stay. Art Series Hotels is exactly that, we wish to be game changers and invite guests to enjoy a unique experience.

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

After travelling the world and staying in hundreds of Hotels we are quite cynical about Australia's Hotels normally due to poor service and untrained staff. However The Olsen was really good. The staff on reception could not have been better and the restaurant was excellent too both in food quality and service. The rooms are a bit small and no luggage rack however these things are minor when everything else id good. Well positioned for Chapel Street shopping and transport.
We had a small problem with our TV whilst watching a movie and it was fixed immediately with no charges for the movies. Normally you would have to argue this point in most Australian Hotels. The beds and pillows were the best we have had here - very comfortable and it was great not waking up with a stiff neck due to poor pillows.We would certainly stay here again and recommend it even if you want to be in the city as the train is easy and takes 10 mins.

Room Tip: We had the deluxe room and it overlooked a crane and building works - not the fault of the Olsen - t...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Kathy C,

Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review from your recent stay with us here at [The Olsen]. I am absolutely delighted to hear that you were extreemly impressed with your stay and in particular our team.

We are very fortunate to have a team here that is very passionate about what they do and this is reflected in their service. [The Olsen] offers an array of room types ranging from Studio Suites to our Lake Eyre Penthouse.

The hotel is positioned in a fantastic location in South Yarra close to many retail stores, restaurants and cafes.

Art Series Hotels is now selling our signature bedding so you can take the comfort home with you.

Again thank you for taking the time to write a fantastic review.

Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed one night and was fortunate to be on the top floor, great views, comfortable clean, light & airy room. The bed was so comfortable & the rooms are very quiet. Reception staff are friendly and from the time you arrive to check out they ensure your stay is one to remember. Great location and one that will leave a lasting impression.

Dear 3023Kitty,

Thank you for providing fantastic feedback from your recent stay with us here at [The Olsen]. I am delighted to hear that you had a wonderful experience and enjoyed the suite. We are now selling the Art Series Signature Bedding so you can take the comfort home with you.

Thank you for the kind words regarding the team, it is always fantastic to receive comments in relation to excellent service. I am very happy to hear that [The Olsen] has left a lasting impression.

Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Had a lovely staycation here at my now new favourite hotel in Melbourne. I dont just love it for the beautiful pool, but also for the comfortable beds, lovely amenities and delicious restaurant food. I arrived feeling a bit sad and left feeling very happy and relaxed. Norbu, the spa and beauty salon is also very good.
Will be back soon actually. Cant get enough- addicted to The Olsen.
Thank you to all staff for looking out for me.

Room Tip: ask for room 511. has a balcony and a bath.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dear Susannah,

Thank you for taking the time to write a fantastic review from your recent stay with us at [The Olsen]. We love to hear that we have become a guests new favourite. We are very lucky to have fantastic facilities and very comfortable beds. We are now selling our Art Series Signature bedding so you can take the comfort home with you.

I am delighted that you left feeling very happy and relaxed!

Thank you for the kind words regarding the team here, I am very happy to hear that they were able to make your stay more enjoyable.

We look forward to welcoming you back!

Rowena

Been to Art Series - The Olsen? Share your experiences!