I was a resident here at The Olsen for 4 months and what an amazing 4 months it was!
Right from the beginning everything was fantastic. The staff on Reception to the team at Spoonbill Restaurant were all terrific.
Star spotting is a regular occurence here and you truly feel like a star yourself when in this hotel. It's a 5 star hotel, great features in the room such as compact kitchen, funky bathroom and beautiful John Olsen paintings adorned on the walls. I was lucky enough to meet John Olsen while staying at the hotel which made the experience even the more special.
It's a quick walk away to George Columbaris' restaurant Mama Baba which is divine, with Steer next door and Spoonbill on site for late night meals. Lots of breakfast choices on Claremont Street (the next street) and you are really close to South Yarra station and Trams on Toorak Road, and most of all you are close to Chapel Street where all the action is.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to any short or long term guests - such an amazing atmosphere with great staff.
- Also Known As:
- Art Series - The Olsen Hotel
- Art Series - The Olsen Hotel Melbourne
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on Melbourne’s prestigious Chapel Street, The Olsen Hotel offers travelers premier South Yarra accommodation with 229 elegant five-star suites that are infused with the lyrical works of revered Australian Landscape artist Dr John Olsen. Breathtaking mural and sculpture greet you on arrival and large prints adorn all hallways and suites. This boutique Melbourne hotel is complimented by a day spa and two delicious restaurants; you will be reveling in the Art of [Creature Comforts]. At The Olsen Hotel, one can sleep soundly on Art Series Signature bedding, plunge into the spectacular glass bottom pool with Chapel Street shoppers below, work out in our state-of-the-art gymnasium or step out for some retail therapy. These South Yarra accommodations offer plentiful natural light and are thoughtfully appointed with 42” flatscreen televisions, wireless internet access and complete kitchenettes.For a longer stay settle into an exclusive art inspired residential suite.Olsen is regarded as one of Australia’s greatest living painters and won the Archibald Prize in 2005 for his portrait Self Portrait Janus Faced.Experience Olsen’s charm, wit and passion for life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Splendia, Agoda, Tingo and Venere so you can book your Art Series - The Olsen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.