I stayed in the Blackman in January, 2013 for a long stay. Hotel does not have a swimming pool but does have a little gym (very nice, but small). The rooms are clean and spacious. The hotel staff are friendly and helpful. Very close to the trams (2 minute walk) and these trams can take you to St. Kilda beach, Chapel Street, or the CBD. Good location and good value for money. The hotel is basically a gallery for Charles Blackman so they have all his paintings on the wall - so, you may or may not like them. There is an Italian hotel and a cafe in the hotel as well.
- Also Known As:
- Art Series - The Blackman Hotel Melbourne
- Art Series - The Blackman Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a contemporary, boutique interior and an enviable St Kilda Road location, just a stones throw from Melbourne’s CBD, The Blackman Hotel will inspire Melbourne’s imagination. A destination perfect for business or leisure travellers, this unique Melbourne hotel boasts 209 guest accommodations and suites, a selection of which host private terraces.Built within and above the historic Airlie Mansion, The Blackman Hotel will charm and inspire guests with the works of one of Australia’s most celebrated artists, Charles Blackman, showcased throughout this unique hotel space.The Blackman Hotel is also dedicated to ensuring your visit to Melbourne is complete with dining options to tempt your tastebuds. Experience two of Melbourne’s hottest new restaurants right at your own doorstop. Couple this with our state-of-art gymnasium and your luxurious five-star experience is complete. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Splendia, Agoda, Venere, Priceline, Tingo, HotelsClick and Hotels.com so you can book your Art Series - The Blackman reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.