Have stayed here 4 or 5 times over the last couple of years and mostly it is good. As per other comments the beds are very comfortable as are the pillows. We usually travel as a family and the twin rooms with a queen bed on each side of the bathroom works well for us. I think they are the rooms ending in 04 ie 804/904 etc. I quite like the rooms they do have a feeling of luxury and are well maintained. The area for sitting is a little small.
The things that did bother me a bit on our last visit was the variety of attitudes at the service counter. Sometimes you get a person who is very helpful and nice and other times they don't seem to care. The system doesn't seem to note any notes you may have made when you booked - which can be quite frustrating to have to ask again. The other thing i find a bit rich is the amount you are charged for parking. $25/night to me is way too expensive especially when they also rent out car places to local business people for $14 /day. Sometimes the parking is quite full which makes it tricky to find a park. Our stay for 3 nights ended up being $666 which exceeds what i like to pay for 3 nights away from the CBD area.
- Also Known As:
- Art Series - The Blackman Hotel Melbourne
- Art Series - The Blackman Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a contemporary, boutique interior and an enviable St Kilda Road location, just a stones throw from Melbourne’s CBD, The Blackman Hotel will inspire Melbourne’s imagination. A destination perfect for business or leisure travellers, this unique Melbourne hotel boasts 209 guest accommodations and suites, a selection of which host private terraces.Built within and above the historic Airlie Mansion, The Blackman Hotel will charm and inspire guests with the works of one of Australia’s most celebrated artists, Charles Blackman, showcased throughout this unique hotel space.The Blackman Hotel is also dedicated to ensuring your visit to Melbourne is complete with dining options to tempt your tastebuds. Experience two of Melbourne’s hottest new restaurants right at your own doorstop. Couple this with our state-of-art gymnasium and your luxurious five-star experience is complete. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Splendia, Agoda, Venere, Priceline, Tingo, HotelsClick and Hotels.com so you can book your Art Series - The Blackman reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.