We stayed for 8 nights and didn't want to leave. The Blackman offers all the expected conveniences, plus appliances, A large and beautiful room with an opening patio door and balcony. Clean smelling. Gleaming. Quiet. The best king bed ever. Coin laundry down the hall. You have to look hard to find fault, but to achieve perfection, the Blackman could do two things: scrap the mini-bar clutter and make some closet space for suits and coats.
Staff are polite and helpful. The location is very close to the downtown and major attractions. It is convenient for leisure or business, with or without a car. Trams (several routes) stop at the corner of St. Kilda and Arthur (first stop south of Toorak) and provide access to everywhere. You can purchase a transit pass for zone 1 (myki) at the Southern Cross train and bus terminal when you get off the airport bus (SkyBus). The trams are a little awkward for luggage and a transfer is required, so best take a taxi from Southern Cross to the Blackman. The trams are great for exploring the city and will also take you the restaurant area at Chapel and Toorak, the docklands and St. Kilda beach.
There is no swimming pool at the Blackman, but a sister property, the Olsen, has one that guests of the Blackman can use, and is a 12 minute tram ride away.
You might want to Google the hotel's site for photos and do a search for the art of Charles Blackman, which is well represented throughout the hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Art Series - The Blackman Hotel Melbourne
- Art Series - The Blackman Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a contemporary, boutique interior and an enviable St Kilda Road location, just a stones throw from Melbourne’s CBD, The Blackman Hotel will inspire Melbourne’s imagination. A destination perfect for business or leisure travellers, this unique Melbourne hotel boasts 209 guest accommodations and suites, a selection of which host private terraces.Built within and above the historic Airlie Mansion, The Blackman Hotel will charm and inspire guests with the works of one of Australia’s most celebrated artists, Charles Blackman, showcased throughout this unique hotel space.The Blackman Hotel is also dedicated to ensuring your visit to Melbourne is complete with dining options to tempt your tastebuds. Experience two of Melbourne’s hottest new restaurants right at your own doorstop. Couple this with our state-of-art gymnasium and your luxurious five-star experience is complete. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Splendia, Expedia, Tingo, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com and Otel so you can book your Art Series - The Blackman reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.