Our family of four (two kids aged 3 & 6) stayed at The Blackman for 3 nights in a Deluxe Studio Suite Twin Balcony room.
We were impressed from the minute we walked in. Check-in was easy, staff were very pleasant and welcoming. The kids loved receiving their special gift upon check-in (and then again later at check-out)!
Staff were apologetic for our room not being ready (we arrived early) & after we returned from quickly grabbing some lunch, we were able to go up to our room.
The rooms were beautiful, modern & featured colourful artwork on the walls. It was also nice to see art books in the room. The kitchenette was well equipped & the fridge was a great size - plenty of room for some drinks/snacks for the kids given the already well stocked section by the hotel. Beds & pillows were comfy and the room size was certainly enough for our family. The bathroom was well stocked with amenities.
My only criticisms would be the bathrooms are a little on the smaller size, there are no luggage stands & there weren't enough hangers in the wardrobe. But to me these are small things & nothing that can't be sorted out over 4 days with a little imagination!
The staff were great & nothing was too much trouble. They were great with the kids & engaged them at every opportunity, which made us feel fantastic that they could be seen & heard (as opposed to seen & not heard!).
Fleur Depot de Pain downstairs is great for breakkie or a coffee, and the room service we received from Classico for dinner was nice.
Traveling on the trams was so easy staying at the Blackman - a stop right across the road & at max. we only had to take two trams to get to where we wanted to go.
We love Melbourne & have visited many times before. We loved The Blackman & would stay again in a heartbeat. It has definitely been one of the best hotels we have stayed at in Melbourne.
- Also Known As:
- Art Series - The Blackman Hotel
- Art Series - The Blackman Hotel Melbourne
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a contemporary, boutique interior and an enviable St Kilda Road location, just a stones throw from Melbourne’s CBD, The Blackman Hotel will inspire Melbourne’s imagination. A destination perfect for business or leisure travellers, this unique Melbourne hotel boasts 209 guest accommodations and suites, a selection of which host private terraces.Built within and above the historic Airlie Mansion, The Blackman Hotel will charm and inspire guests with the works of one of Australia’s most celebrated artists, Charles Blackman, showcased throughout this unique hotel space.The Blackman Hotel is also dedicated to ensuring your visit to Melbourne is complete with dining options to tempt your tastebuds. Experience two of Melbourne’s hottest new restaurants right at your own doorstop. Couple this with our state-of-art gymnasium and your luxurious five-star experience is complete. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Splendia, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Art Series - The Blackman reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.