“Very comfortable stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fraser Place Melbourne

Save Saved
You added Fraser Place Melbourne to your Saves list
Fraser Place Melbourne
4.0 of 5 Condominium   |   19 Exploration Lane, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #16 of 111 Specialty lodging in Melbourne
Brussels
“Very comfortable stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

We reached this residence from the airport with the shuttle (changing at the railways station to a smaller bus).
We have been upgraded free of charge and everything at the residence was perfect.
The room has everything you need even though we didn't use the kitchen or the washing machine.
The breakfast was good even though not exceptional.
In the lobby there were two Apple PC we used to surf the internet.
The staff was efficient and friendly.
The location of the hotel is convenient but not in the centre of the action and in a quite small street. Not very easy to find I guess if you go by yourself to the residence.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
FPM_Management, General Manager at Fraser Place Melbourne, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank-you for taking the time to review our property; I am pleased you had a comfortable stay with us and that you were able to make use of the facilities and services we provide to our guests. I hope to be able to welcome you back to stay with us again in the future.

474 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

After many hours researching on the net for the best quality and affordable accommodation, I came across Fraser Place! We stayed for the F1 weekend and it was nothing short of what i was expecting! Fantastic location, near Melbourne central and the tram stop right out the front! The room was clean and the bed was comfy! It was out of the noisy aware of Melbourne yet everything was at your finger tips! I would defiantly stay here again! Also the staff were pleasant and helpful, however asked for extra towels and they never came!? Besides that we had no problem on our stay!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank-you for your feedback; I am glad that your many hours of research paid off and that you had an enjoyable stay with us at Fraser Place Melbourne. As you say our laneway location is quintessential Melbourne; vert central yet tucked away from the hustle and bustle. I am pleased you were comfortable throughout your stay with us and that our team was able to deliver the Fraser Difference through their customer service. I have passed your comments about the replenishment of towels onto both our front desk and housekeeping departments so that this can be addressed. I look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us again during your next visit to Melbourne.
Kurri Kurri, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

A friend & I were in Melbourne for MIFGS & this place was on the list of recommended places for the Flower Show. Price-wise it was excellent & I am so glad we chose to stay here. The staff were very friendly & helpful. Locaton was excellent, with everything we needed in close walking distance. Being so close to the tram line & the free Visitor Shuttle Bus was very helpful as my friend is mobility impaired. Breakfast was delicious. The only negative was that we had to ask for toilet paper as it was not restocked when the room was serviced. I had rung the day before to check that we had a room with a balcony & was assured that we did, as I had forgotten to request this when I made our booking. When we arrived we found that we didn't have a balcony after all, but as we arrived in the morning by the time we were able to check in it had been arranged. My friend is also scared of heights, so having a balcony on the 2nd floor facing the interior of the towers was very good for her & also made it very quiet & private.

Room Tip: If you want a balcony make sure to include this in the Special Request when making your booking. Als...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank-you for your review; I am pleased to hear you had an enjoyable stay with us while in Melbourne for the International Flower & Garden Show. It is great to receive such positive feedback about our team and the service they deliver. I am pleased that our front office team were able to accommodate your request for a balcony and that it suited the needs of your fellow traveller. I have raised your comments regarding the servicing of your room with our housekeeping department to ensure this oversight does not reoccur. Again, I thank-you for taking the time to share your experience with the wider TripAdvisor community and look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us again at Fraser Place Melbourne.
brisbane australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

My partner & I just spent 4 nights at Fraser Place which I found via the Tripadvisor reviews and were very happy with the choice.
Located between Little Lonsdale & LaTrobe Streets close to Exhibition Street it is close to the city while being out of the bustle & noise. We were given a room which to my concern was immediately opposite the lift, but we heard no noise from it and with the windows closed, most of the city noise except for the odd siren was blocked too.
The room was equipped with fridge, dishwasher, sink & even cooktop, had a table & chairs as well as a desk & king size bed and a small balcony, making it a good choice for longer stays where you may want to prepare a meal in the room. To eat out it is a 2 minute walk to the Chinatown restaurants in Little Bourke St, & closer still to many cafes, although quite a few cater to the office workers and don't open at weekends.
The staff were always friendly and helpful and the room clean, although I did notice on arrival a soap/shaving foam splash on the wall near the hand basin in the bathroom which was still there when we left.
Turn right out of the front door and it is a couple of minutes to the City Circle free tram stop in LaTrobe St which takes you to many of the landmarks in the city if you don't feel like walking.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
FPM_Management, General Manager at Fraser Place Melbourne, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank-you for taking the time to share your experience of Fraser Place Melbourne; I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that our location and apartments facilities met your needs. I hope we can welcome you back as our guest during your next visit to Melbourne.
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I asked for a room on a top floor, away from the lifts with a view...1109...oh dear..construction of a high rise building is mid-way through and is directly across from the balcony and loud but that wasn't too bad as workers usually finish at about 3pm, but then night works in La Trobe St commenced (for the bike lanes being erected) and night works is all night! The room wasn't very clean at all, mould in the shower, hair on the sheets, a soiled desk chair and then as I was enjoying the swarm sunny weather in the afternoon the sun was streaming in and unfortunately revealed how little the room had been cleaned! I was looking forward to my stay but was severely disappointed as its in a great position, around the corner from great coffee cafes and was close to where I had to get too...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
FPM_Management, General Manager at Fraser Place Melbourne, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank-you for your review; I have discussed the issues you raise with regards to the cleanliness of your apartment with our Operations and Housekeeping Managers whom will be investigating the state of the room. Your feedback is of great concern and I endeavour to have the issues addressed immediately and a review of current practices undertaken to ensure the experience you have had does not reoccur. Thank-you again for your comments and for providing us the opportunity to improve.
São Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Melbourne is expensive, therefore we did a very extensive search in the web (booking, hotels.com, trip advisor, hostel world, etc) and there was no match to this hotel. It is a very good option if you value a comfortable and clean hotel. We didn`t look for a modern and well decorated place, but it has it as well.

Also the rooms have a very well equipped kitchen.It`s walking distance from major CBD attractions, Queen Victoria Market, Old Melbourne Gaol, etc. And there are everything from supermarket and shopping mall to a laundry nearby.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank-you for taking the time to review our property; I am glad you had an enjoyable experience as our guest and that you found our location of convenience. I am pleased you found your accommodation comfortable, well-equipped and feel you received value for money. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to stay with us again at Fraser Place when you are next in Melbourne.
Buderim, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Good to have no trams or trains disturbing our sleep as happened last time in Melbourne. King size bed was very comfortable. Continental breakfast included bacon, scrambled eggs, baked beans & hash browns - very good. Hotel was close to city centre & restaurants. Only negatives were that rooms are not serviced on Sundays or public holidays; and one of the two overhead lights was not working when we arrived, and the other one failed the next day - not repaired but may be due to it being a long weekend.Staff were courtious & helpful. Would recommend, & we will stay there again.

Room Tip: With only four accommodation units per floor (we were on 6th floor) there was limited noise (doors c...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
FPM_Management, General Manager at Fraser Place Melbourne, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank-you for your review; I am glad you had a peaceful stay and will return to be our guest in the future. Your feedback regarding breakfast is quite timely, as we have just introduced an optional a-la-carte menu for guests wanting some variety or something a little more substantial. With regards to servicing and the delay in fixing the lighting issue in your room, you are correct this was due to the public holiday and has since been rectified. Again, I thank-you for taking the time to share your experience with the wider TripAdvisor community and look forward to welcoming you back to Fraser Place Melbourne.

Been to Fraser Place Melbourne? Share your experiences!