“Room with kitchen facilities” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fraser Place Melbourne

Hotels.com Orbitz.com
Fraser Place Melbourne
4.0 of 5 Condominium   |   19 Exploration Lane, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Adelaide
“Room with kitchen facilities”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

In the NE corner of the CBD and an EZ walk to trams, Museum, IMAX, Parliament House, Old Gaol, trams and busses. Tucked away in a laneway, so no appreciable road noise. 4 apartments per floor, so no long noisy hallways. Rooms well insulated, have kitionettess & balconies. Beds super-comfy kingsize. We were on 12th floor and had total peace & quiet for 6 days. Breakfast was included and, although basic, had scrambled, bacon, beans and sometimes sausages, as well. Lift was fast and quiet. Only 2 gripes: freezer wouldn't freeze and there was only one chair.

Room Tip: Better views from upper floors...but mostly of nearby buildings
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
FPM_Management, General Manager at Fraser Place Melbourne, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank-you for your comments; it appears you were able to visit many of the Melbourne’s attractions during your stay and made the most of our convenient location and proximity to the free City Circle tram to explore the city of Melbourne. I am pleased you had a peaceful, undisturbed stay with us and that you found our apartments well equipped and comfortable. As you mention, we currently serve a simple buffet breakfast however as of March 2013 we will be introducing a limited, a-la-carte menu as an additional offering to guests whom may like something different during their stay, especially when staying for a longer period of time. With regards to your gripes, I am happy to advise that we are working with our technical services team in Singapore to source and purchase additional seating for the apartments to improve guest comfort. Unfortunately, the mini-bar fridges in the apartments are not designed to make ice. Again, thank-you for your feedback; I hope to be able to welcome you back to Fraser Place Melbourne in the future.

432 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Harleston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We arrived at Fraser Place following on overnight flight from Hong Kong. Recommend the shuttle from the airport. Coaches wait outside the terminal and leave every 10 mins or so directly into the city where you change onto a small transit bus straight to your hotel. Very efficient service.
First impressions, not brilliant as hotel is situated down a small side street.
However, once inside reception staff were very helpful and our room was all we could have wanted. Kitchen with microwave, large fridge, crockery and cutlery all provided. More than adequate for our 2 day stay. Breakfast was included and a good selection of hot and cold food was offered. Excellent. Woolworths supermarket a couple of blocks away provided for our needs. Free tram service 5 mins from hotel which takes you to the centre in 5 mins.
Very pleased with our choice of hotel, would use again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank-you for your feedback; I am glad to hear you had an enjoyable stay and that you found the features of our apartments, as well as our location convenient. I look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us again when next visiting Melbourne.
Melbourne
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I booked Fraser Place as I was looking for accommodation that offer a little more than the basic hotel room. The rooms are well presented with good facilities. The staff are friendly and helpful.

Cleaning of the room during my stay was very average. Towels that were left on the bathroom floor to be changed were put back on the towel rails instead of being replaced with clean ones. The sheets on the bed were not changed for the duration of my stay.

I booked this hotel as it had a kitchenette. I used this daily and again house keeping did not make any attempts to clean the area. I would have been happy to clean this myself but there were no products or cleaning equipment in the room to use to clean.

Breakfast was included in my room rate but after the first day I decided to make my own. There was a small selection of cereals and toast, the hot food was inedable.

As noted from other reviews the air conditioning is very noisy, too noisy to be left on overnight.

Overall for the price I did not find this hotel to great value for money.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
FPM_Management, General Manager at Fraser Place Melbourne, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank-you for your feedback; I sincerely welcome your comments and am pleased you have provided us with an opportunity to improve in the areas of housekeeping and breakfast. I am concerned by your comments regarding the servicing of your apartment and will raise these with our Housekeeping Manager to identify how and why our service standards were not upheld; and ways in which we can ensure such oversights are not repeated. With regards to breakfast, I am happy to advise that as of the 4th March 2013 we will be introducing a limited, a-la-carte breakfast menu; this initiative is in direct response to similar feedback received previously from our guests. We hope this additional offering will improve guest satisfaction. I am pleased that there were aspects of your stay which you enjoyed; namely the presentation and facilities of our newly refurbished apartments, and the level of customer service demonstrated by our staff. I do hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you as our guest again when next visiting Melbourne.
Halesworth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We stayed here for three days over a very hot summer weekend. The room we had was fully equipped with a kitchenette, bathroom, sitting area and a bedroom with a really comfortable king size bed. We were able to make our own meals and there was a splendid supermarket just down the road on Little Lonsdale Street near the Library. The reception was polite and efficient: the hotel was busy and our room on the 13th floor looking south west had a superb view over the city. The location was good but a bit out of the way for a good tram service but on the whole a faultless experience.

Room Tip: Room 1307 on the top floor - quiet and super view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
FPM_Management, General Manager at Fraser Place Melbourne, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank-you for your feedback; I am pleased you have shared your faultless stay with the TripAdvisor community and am happy to hear you had an enjoyable experience as our guest. As you mention the fully equipped kitchenette is very convenient, particularly when the supermarket and the Queen Victoria Market are only a short distance from Fraser Place Melbourne and that you enjoyed the view of the city from your Premier Studio. I hope to be able to welcome you back to stay with us again during your next visit to Melbourne.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Overall I thought this was a great hotel with spacious rooms that were clean and reasonably quiet with regards to outdoor/street noise. Check in and check out was fast and efficient. We had a twin room (403 - comfortable beds) with a desk/table but only one chair, which forced us to have a relaxed breakfast in bed one morning. The bathroom has a frosted glass door with strategically placed decals which was enough to preserve our dignity, given that we were friends travelling together. The water pressure in the shower was good and the toiletries had a lovely fragrance.

My only issue was the volume of noise the airconditioner made. It looked like it should be ducted but it sounded as though there was a 1970s split system rattling/humming/groaning behind the vents. Unfortunately Melbourne was in the midst of a heatwave, so switching it off overnight was unbearable, but if the weather had been more pleasant we probably could have managed with the aircon switched off and the sliding door on the balcony open slightly. The positive was that the aircon did cool the room down efficiently so temperature-wise it was comfortable, it was simply the noise that prevented sleep.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank-you for taking the time to review Fraser Place Melbourne and sharing your experience with the wider TripAdvisor community. I am pleased that you found our beds comfortable and the bathroom amenities refreshing. As you mention the modern bathroom design with frosted glass & decal can take some getting used, particularly if travelling with a friend, however the design still offers complete privacy. I am thankful you have provided us with the opportunity to address the noisy air-conditioner in apartment 403. I have reported your concerns to our engineer whom is investigating how we can resolve the problem, or at least minimise the disturbance caused. Again, thank-you for your feedback; I hope we can welcome you back to be our guest during your next visit to Melboure.
Emsworth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

On a brief visit to Melbourne we found Fraser Place ticked all our boxes. It is conveniently located and we had a big room with a comfy bed. All sorts of useful items were included such as a kettle, fridge and toaster; even a hot plate and microwave with pans etc. which would be great if you were staying a bit longer. With only four rooms on each corridor disturbance is minimised. The place is clean, feels secure and is a useful base for the City. An ice machine in the building would be a useful addition.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
FPM_Management, General Manager at Fraser Place Melbourne, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Thank-you for your review; I am pleased you had an enjoyable stay with us whilst in Melbourne recently and that you found our apartments well equipped and conveniently located. I hope to be able to welcome you back to stay with us again.
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Stayed at the standard room on level 6, had partial views of the city.

It was great value as it included breakfast, free wifi, late checkout and the location was very convenient, next to a lot of cafes/bars for a good price compared to some other hotels that are more expensive and not as good.

The room was nice and clean, the staff helpful, overall it was a good deal.

The only complaint I have is that the rooms are not sound proof so when people came and went I could hear everything outside my door! Then in the morning at 6am the garbage trucks or whatever they were you could hear from the balcony.. quite disruptive but that was only on a Wednesday I think. But other than that I was still feeling that it was great value place.

Also, it was around the corner from Miss Chu's which was the best lemongrass beef vermicilli that I highly recommend.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
FPM_Management, General Manager at Fraser Place Melbourne, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Thank-you for your feedback; I am pleased you feel you received value for money during your stay with us. Unfortunately, given our central CBD location there can at times be some street noise; we are aware of this issue and always do our best to allocate apartments on the highest level possible to try to minimise disruption to our guests. We are always looking for ways in which to improve guest satisfaction and will make a note of your comments for future discussion. I am glad to hear you found the wonderful Miss Chu's - it is a very popular place for lunch amongst our team and the lemongrass beef is a fantastic choice. Thank-you again for your review, I hope to be able to welcome you back to stay with us when you are next in Melbourne.

Been to Fraser Place Melbourne? Share your experiences!