We booked at a studio apartment for 3 nights after reading through the comments on all the city hotels & apartments in the vicinity of the Melbourne CBD. What prompted me to book this place was the recent refurbishments that were done, as well as its distance from the hub of the city. I wanted a clean and decent room that was near enough to everything, yet far enough to be insulated from the city noise and revelry.
Firstly, the positives. Fraser Place met our expectations of a modernised, self-contained apartment. It had everything we could possibly need in the room. Other than a table lamp which didn't work, we had no issues with everything else. Most of our days and nights were spent gallivanting around Melbourne anyway, so we didn't spend a lot of time in the room.
What we found disappointing was the lack of customer service. The two people behind the reception desk looked and behaved like they would rather be somewhere else. No smiles from them, and not even a greeting. I feebly tried to generate some small talk to break the ice but was ignored. Later, after checking in (which was quite quick), we asked for directions to Chinatown and were simply told to walked down the alley. No specific directions to cross any roads or look for certain landmarks to know we're heading in the right direction.
Depending on which room you get and its position in the building, you could end up with a "view" like ours - looking down at a back lane and somebody's roof and across to a brick wall of a neighbouring building. It didn't bother us that much though since this is something the staff can't do much about, and we were out most of the time anyway.
Overall, it was a pleasant enough experience and if unfriendly and unhelpful staff don't bother you that much, and you prefer to be away from the hustle and bustle of city life but near enough to be in it within minutes, then Fraser Place is a good spot. To be fair, on the day we checked out, new staff were on duty and they gave us the courtesy and assistance that any guest should expect.
- Also Known As:
- Fraser Place Melbourne Hotel Melbourne
- Fraser Place Melbourne Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly situated in the Central Business District, Fraser Place Melbourne provides convenient access to major financial corporations, world-renowned shopping and a vibrant entertainment scene. With the Regent, Princess and Her Majesty's theatres close by, Fraser Place Melbourne is the ideal place to enjoy Melbourne's rich cultural scene. Exploring the city is a breeze as the hotel is located on the free City Circle tramline. Fraser Place Melbourne is the Frasers Hospitality group's first serviced residence in Melbourne. With a portfolio of 44 serviced apartments across 19 countries, Frasers Hospitality is a global leader in luxury accommodation. We invite you to experience the Fraser Difference at Fraser Place Melbourne, which features three room offerings - Deluxe, Executive and Premier. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Fraser Place Melbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.