Good value for money. My friend and I stayed in an eight bed dorm. The room had eight lockers for whoever wanted to keep their valuables safe that way, and there was more space in the room than in some other YHA hostels. Kitchen and bathrooms were kept clean, and cleaning and reception staff were friendly. We got Mikey cards including some credit (for public transport) for free from reception, because other travellers had just left them behind.
Big bonus for this hostel is it's central location in the CBD area at a 10 minutes walk from the Southern Cross transport station (where the airport bus stops at). Rooftop terrace was also very nice considering the temperatures we had (35+ Celsius), less comfortable was that the dorm room only had one not-so-big window, and no air conditioning. Very hot at night.
Would stay there again, preferably not during a heat wave.
- Also Known As:
- Melbourne Central Yha Hotel Melbourne
- Melbourne Central Yha Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Melbourne Central YHA backpackers hostel is in the heart of Melbourne’s CBD, close to the city’s best events including the Spring Racing Carnival, Summer Music Festivals, Grand Prix and Australian Open Tennis. The hostel is walking distance to the Yarra River, Federation Square, ACMI and Melbourne Aquarium.Experience Victoria’s best locations, including Phillip Island, the Grampians National Park and of course the Great Ocean Road with affordable tours - available at reception! Facilities include high speed YHA Connect internet, Wi-Fi, Skype and recently renovated kitchen/guest lounges. Inside the combined kitchen/guest lounge areas are flat screen TV’s, and DVD’s can be borrowed from reception free of charge. There are electronic locks installed throughout the hostel, and all multishare rooms have lockers. We run free weekly activities including walking tours, BBQ’s and trivia nights. Bertha Brown Bar downstairs doubles as the YHA guest lounge, so feel free to drop in anytime! Our rooftop BBQ area and undercover balcony are always a good place to hang out. Room options include 3, 4 and 6 multi share, twin/doubles with optional ensuite, plus some very special private rooms with ornate balconies overlooking Flinders Street. We have recently added 2 exclusive and brightly coloured rooftop rooms!Getting around Melbourne is easy - we are only 900m from Southern Cross Station, and the free City Circle tram stops at the hostel doorstep! The closest Free Melbourne Visitor Shuttle Bus stop is just 5 minutes walk. YHA / Hostelling International Members:Show your YHA / Hostelling International membership card when checking in, or join YHA on arrival and receive a discount of at least 10% off standard rates in all Australian YHA hostels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com and HostelBookers so you can book your Melbourne Central YHA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.