Stayed here for 2 weeks and overall the place is great. More like a hotel than a hostel, as in very clean and modern. Only downside is the atmosphere is non existent! If your travelling alone (like me) then it's very hard to meet people here. Go to metro or nomads. Also it's in the expensive part of town, of you want cheaper backpacker like accommodation and drinks stay in north CBD
- Also Known As:
- Melbourne Central Yha Hotel Melbourne
- Melbourne Central Yha Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Melbourne Central YHA backpackers hostel is in the heart of Melbourne’s CBD, close to the city’s best events including the Spring Racing Carnival, Summer Music Festivals, Grand Prix and Australian Open Tennis. The hostel is walking distance to the Yarra River, Federation Square, ACMI and Melbourne Aquarium.Experience Victoria’s best locations, including Phillip Island, the Grampians National Park and of course the Great Ocean Road with affordable tours - available at reception! Facilities include high speed YHA Connect internet, Wi-Fi, Skype and recently renovated kitchen/guest lounges. Inside the combined kitchen/guest lounge areas are flat screen TV’s, and DVD’s can be borrowed from reception free of charge. There are electronic locks installed throughout the hostel, and all multishare rooms have lockers. We run free weekly activities including walking tours, BBQ’s and trivia nights. Bertha Brown Bar downstairs doubles as the YHA guest lounge, so feel free to drop in anytime! Our rooftop BBQ area and undercover balcony are always a good place to hang out. Room options include 3, 4 and 6 multi share, twin/doubles with optional ensuite, plus some very special private rooms with ornate balconies overlooking Flinders Street. We have recently added 2 exclusive and brightly coloured rooftop rooms!Getting around Melbourne is easy - we are only 900m from Southern Cross Station, and the free City Circle tram stops at the hostel doorstep! The closest Free Melbourne Visitor Shuttle Bus stop is just 5 minutes walk. YHA / Hostelling International Members:Show your YHA / Hostelling International membership card when checking in, or join YHA on arrival and receive a discount of at least 10% off standard rates in all Australian YHA hostels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com and HostelBookers so you can book your Melbourne Central YHA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.