Had a two night stay at the Hilton as we had stayed there before and enjoyed it.
We had pre booked not realising that it was the start of the Australian Tennis Open, however check in was a breeze and we were in our room within five minutes. The lady at the front desk was very pleasant and offered us a bottle of champers as it was my wife's birthday getaway.
The room was clean and tidy and we looked out over the bay from the 10th floor. Yes we could see the roof of DFO and the freeway flyovers but this didn't worry us. There was plenty of room to move about with a spacious area with the bed and a large shower. One disappointment in the design is having tinted glass in the toilet area which negated a bit of privacy.
DFO is very close and the casino and southbank a very short walk. Try to avoid the food at the casino complex as it is overpriced for what you get with Southbank marginally better. The North Wharf area is continually being improved with a lot of eateries etc on the edge of the river?
Check out took all of two minutes and again the front desk girl was very pleasant. Would we stay again?? Yes but only at the right price, we got 20% off as an early booking.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Melbourne South Wharf Hotel
- Hilton Melbourne South Wharf Hotel Melbourne
- Hilton Melbourne
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Synonymous with quality, service, and style, Hilton offers the best of Melbourne.Immerse yourself in riverside cool that is the innovative Hilton Melbourne South Wharf. This upper upscale hotel is located in dynamic South Wharf Promenade and only a short stroll to the CBD, Docklands, Southbank dining precinct and Etihad Stadium - and beside the premium DFO South Wharf. The hotel offers spectacular city views, and mouth-watering dining and drinking options at Nuevo37 restaurant and Sotano Wine + Tapas bar. It has sophisticated private event spaces, and a unique conference offering with partner Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre. •Stylish riverside hotel on South Wharf Promenade, next to DFO South Wharf•Internal access via first floor link to Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre•Executive Lounge with outdoor terrace•396 generous rooms with spectacular views of the city or bay•60 Executive rooms and 54 Yarra, Relaxation and Two-Bedroom Suites•Four-point bathrooms with Peter Thomas Roth® amenities•Sophisticated Nuevo37 restaurant•Authentic Sotano Wine + Tapas Bar•Casual all-day Caffè Cino•24-hour Hilton Fitness by Precor® ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, getaroom.com, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Venere so you can book your Hilton Melbourne South Wharf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.