The Hilton South Wharf is a relatively new hotel for Melbourne. It's location at South Wharf is very convenient for access to the CBD by taxi, tram or a short walk.
The hotel is located near the DFO shopping centre and Melbourne convention centre and the new and improving restaurant/cafe scene along the Yarra River at South Wharf. This easy access to so many restaurants, cafes and shops, made a business trip to Melbourne far more enjoyable than it would have been.
The Yarra Suite room that we had was excellent value for money, it was large, clean, modern and thoroughly enjoyed. Apart from the police helicopter buzzing by every couple of hours, the suite was incredibly quiet. The suite had a great view in both directions of the Yarra and of the CBD.
The staff were great and courteous and provided the normal top notch service you expect from a Hilton.
The executive lounge was an added bonus and the spread of drinks and nibbles was excellent and abundant. It was by far one of the quietest lounges and its open plan and large size made it feel even quieter.
WIFI was a normal whopping $25+ per day for access but Hilton Gold and Diamond get free Wifi in their rooms or you could login for free in the hotel lobby if you wanted it.
Overall, a great place to stay in Melbourne, especially if you want all of the atmosphere but not the hustle and bustle of the central CBD.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Melbourne South Wharf Hotel
- Hilton Melbourne South Wharf Hotel Melbourne
- Hilton Melbourne
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Synonymous with quality, service, and style, Hilton offers the best of Melbourne.Immerse yourself in riverside cool that is the innovative Hilton Melbourne South Wharf. This upper upscale hotel is located in dynamic South Wharf Promenade and only a short stroll to the CBD, Docklands, Southbank dining precinct and Etihad Stadium - and beside the premium DFO South Wharf. The hotel offers spectacular city views, and mouth-watering dining and drinking options at Nuevo37 restaurant and Sotano Wine + Tapas bar. It has sophisticated private event spaces, and a unique conference offering with partner Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre. •Stylish riverside hotel on South Wharf Promenade, next to DFO South Wharf•Internal access via first floor link to Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre•Executive Lounge with outdoor terrace•396 generous rooms with spectacular views of the city or bay•60 Executive rooms and 54 Yarra, Relaxation and Two-Bedroom Suites•Four-point bathrooms with Peter Thomas Roth® amenities•Sophisticated Nuevo37 restaurant•Authentic Sotano Wine + Tapas Bar•Casual all-day Caffè Cino•24-hour Hilton Fitness by Precor® ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelTravel.com and Venere so you can book your Hilton Melbourne South Wharf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.