“Lovely hotel, very relaxing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Melbourne South Wharf

Save Saved
You added Hilton Melbourne South Wharf to your Saves list
Hilton Melbourne South Wharf
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Convention Centre Place | South Wharf, Melbourne, Victoria 3006, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Book Early & Save
Ranked #17 of 170 Hotels in Melbourne
Sydney
“Lovely hotel, very relaxing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We recently stayed at the Hilton South Wharf. It is a lovely hotel and the service was exceptional. They were a little late in checking us in to our room and gave us drink vouchers for the bar downstairs.

Our room was amazing, it was a relaxation suite with such a sweeping and stunning view of the city and river. The breakfast was fresh and plentiful as well. With the executive package you also have access to the lounge on level 4 and get afternoon tea, drinks and evening drinks and canopies as well.

The bed was the most comfortable bed we have slept in and we have stayed in plenty of hotels all over the world!

The location is perfect, just a couple of minutes walk to the Casino. I would highly recommend this hotel. Its just perfect :)

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the river and city of Melbourne. Our room number was 1302
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
HiltonSouthWharf, General Manager at Hilton Melbourne South Wharf, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Dear Reviewer, v

Thank you for your 10/10 review about your stay at Hilton Melbourne South Wharf.
Glad to hear that that enjoyed the hotel and all its facilities.

Thank you so much for your valuable feedback and we hope to see you soon.

I look forward to welcoming you back again.

Rupert Hallam, Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (457)
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

We stayed in a Yarra suite and found it spacious and very comfortable. Great views, soft bed and comfortable pillows, nice bath with a view and lovely bath products. The room was quiet and the staff friendly. My only criticism would be the executive lounge. The seating isn't great and nothing hot for breakfast...but I'm being picky now. All in all this is a lovely hotel in a great spot (only a short walk to Crown). I will return.

Room Tip: Floor 18 was excellent
Dear Reviewer,

I was delighted to read your comments about your recent stay and glad that you found the location and service levels of the hotel to your satisfaction. Hope to see you return soon....safe travels.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

A mate of mine and I stayed in one of the 2 bedroom apartments on the 18th floor for an overnight stay. The staff were incredibly attentive, and the restaurants in the complex were pretty good too. The room had a fantastic view and the beds were super comfy.

My only questionable thought was regarding the decor in the hallways leading to the rooms. Very dark, and poorly lit.

Getting a cab into town was easy via concierge, and the factory outlet brand DFO is literally next door, so a quick trip to scan the shops during downtime is a must.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
HiltonSouthWharf, General Manager at Hilton Melbourne South Wharf, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and my Team look after you. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Safe travels

Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Been here three times , rooms are quiet and I can sleep in and relax and now they have added the option of in house massage which is great
Love the breakfast and walking on south bank
Parking is just outside for 6 dollars an hour or 20/ day

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you very much for the 10/10 review.

Glad you enjoyed your stay with us and everything went well! We really value all your support and loyalty.

Hope to see you soon…safe travels

moriac
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We stayed in a Yarra Suite on the 11th floor for 2 nights. The room was excellent, bathroom sensational, esp. the views from the bath. Bed was very comfortable. Our view across the Melbourne skyline was exceptional. Access to the Executive Lounge was fantastic, well worth having.Having stayed in a few 5 star hotels, this would be one of the best.

Room Tip: Stayed in Yarra Suite, 11th floor, great position, great views, no noise.
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the detailed 10/10 review.

I am really glad you enjoyed your stay with us and everything was seamless.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Safe travels.

Adelaide, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I stayed in a king room on the tenth floor. The room was very basic just a bed tv and shower room. My biggest disappointment was that the bed only had one sheet and a very thick dooner this was so hot that I didn't sleep much all night. Do they think I have to cool the room down to zero to sleep under covers.? The room has no opening windows and was very stuffy. I checked out the next day exhausted. The only place to eat is in the restaurant and I had a steak and that's all I got. The plate arrived with just a piece of meat on it and nothing else. The waiter never told me to order sides or salad so I expected the plate to have at least something as a side. Then when I asked for some veggies I was told that it would take twenty minutes! I eat what I had and they even cooked an order for medium well to raw medium. Overall given the lack of value for money the bad linen and lousy restaurant i give it a 1/10.
I would recommend going somewhere else in the precinct like crown towers or the casino.

Room Tip: Yes go elsewhere very disappointing
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us.

I was very disappointed to read that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion and we deeply regret any inconvenience caused as a result of the issues you experienced.

At Hilton, we highly value all our guests' feedback and in order for us to investigate the matter in further detail, I would greatly appreciate if you could contact me directly.

Thank you again for your time.

Melbourne
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

The room was modern, the bed was comfortable, but the air con was very noisy. The integrated packaged systems are normally quiet in most hotels,not these. I checked another room and
it was similar.Car park was out in the open. Location was good, easy to access.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review.

I am so pleased you enjoyed our service and facilities throughout your stay.
I deeply regret any inconvenience caused due to air conditioning. I can assure you I will have our Chief Engineer check the system.

Thank you again for your valuable feedback and we hope you will visit us again should your travels bring you back to Melbourne.

Hotel Manager

Been to Hilton Melbourne South Wharf? Share your experiences!