This was my first stay at a Hilton hotel, was on Sat 7th Sept in the city view room, arrived around 11.30am and was pleasant to know that my room was already good to check into. I must say the view was amazing - the floor to ceiling windows did the view justice, and was worth the extra walk due to the location, which enabled the great view. In the morning you can see the sun rise and the room fills up with light :) The ambience of the hotel (furnishings/colour scheme) was really nice and comtemporary and fitted the brand's image.
I had in-room breakfast and ordered the full breakfast which included the continental b/f plus cooked plate. When the waiter brought the food in and left the room, he came back a few minutes later with the cooked mushrooms that was left behind. While eating I realised a few items were missing from the continental b/f - juice, fruit salad and pot of hot chocolate. I called the MAGIC line to advise of the issue, and the waiter came up in less than 10 mins and apologised again for the oversight. I wasn't greatly bothered by the issue (was too relaxed), however it would have been nice if it didn't happen in the first place and more attention to detail was given to the order.
Regarding the eStandby upgrade service, which I paid $19 for a higher floor on level 14; it would have been nice to know which floor my room was originally booked for, just for my own peace of mind that the paid upgrade was backed up by some sort of proof i guess
Overall my stay was very good and the city/river views are definitely a highlight of the hotel and I don't think any other hotel can match in this regard. Although it may be a tad further walk from the cbd, I didn't mind it and was a good chance to take in more sights along the way anyway :)
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Melbourne South Wharf Hotel Melbourne
- Hilton Melbourne South Wharf Hotel
- Hilton Melbourne
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Synonymous with quality, service, and style, Hilton offers the best of Melbourne.Immerse yourself in riverside cool that is the innovative Hilton Melbourne South Wharf. This upper upscale hotel is located in dynamic South Wharf Promenade and only a short stroll to the CBD, Docklands, Southbank dining precinct and Etihad Stadium - and beside the premium DFO South Wharf. The hotel offers spectacular city views, and mouth-watering dining and drinking options at Nuevo37 restaurant and Sotano Wine + Tapas bar. It has sophisticated private event spaces, and a unique conference offering with partner Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre. •Stylish riverside hotel on South Wharf Promenade, next to DFO South Wharf•Internal access via first floor link to Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre•Executive Lounge with outdoor terrace•396 generous rooms with spectacular views of the city or bay•60 Executive rooms and 54 Yarra, Relaxation and Two-Bedroom Suites•Four-point bathrooms with Peter Thomas Roth® amenities•Sophisticated Nuevo37 restaurant•Authentic Sotano Wine + Tapas Bar•Casual all-day Caffè Cino•24-hour Hilton Fitness by Precor® ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Venere, Priceline, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Melbourne South Wharf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.