“Outstanding” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Melbourne South Wharf

Save Saved
You added Hilton Melbourne South Wharf to your Saves list
Hilton Melbourne South Wharf
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Convention Centre Place | South Wharf, Melbourne, Victoria 3006, Australia   |
Offers & Announcements
Book Early & Save
Ranked #17 of 170 hotels in Melbourne
albury, Australia
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Without doubt the best hotel I have ever stayed at anywhere in the world. I cannot fault this hotel in any way, in fact this hotel is at the top of its class in every area. The management and staff are absolutely magnificent. Mahliney Keo in the breakfast restaurant and her beautiful beaming smile is the perfect start to any day. Luke Moore (the hotel duty manager) went over and above his call of duty to make sure we had a wonderful stay. Kanu Mathur (guest relations) is an exceptional asset to this hotel also.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HiltonSouthWharf, General Manager at Hilton Melbourne South Wharf, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you for your time and feedback on this website.

We appreciate your kind words and praise for our team.

Thank you for your support and loyalty and we will see you on your next stay at Hilton Melbourne South Wharf!

1,754 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (443)
Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

We had a double bedroom very similar to the one shown in the picture on Trip Advisor. Excellent room with great views of the city. All the amenities you could want and good service. Probably a bit pricey but you get what you pay for. It was a close walk to our meetings but if you want to catch a cab to the center, watch our for Melbourne traffic.

Room Tip: City view was really nice.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
HiltonSouthWharf, General Manager at Hilton Melbourne South Wharf, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback on this website.

We appreciate your comments and glad to hear you enjoyed the Melbourne views from the 2 bedroom apartment.

We hope to welcome you back to Hilton Melbourne South Wharf on your next visit to Melbourne!
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

This hotel is connected to the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre so is the perfect hotel for activities there. It feels far from the city but in fact is a short walk (less than 5 mins) across the river from the free city circle tram.

The executive lounge is great, great views in three directions, the lounge is well laid out so is spacious but has several different functional areas - restaurant tables, bar stool height tables, lounge seats etc. The continental breakfast includes porridge and something like pancakes and is substantial. It would be one of the best complimentary continental breakfasts that I've seen. The staff are attentive, friendly and helpful.

The evening canapes and driinks were good as was the free wifi. I was able to get a lot of work done during my stay and it was nice not having to do it in my hotel room. I recommend upgrading to use the Executive Lounge if you are going to have business work to do during your stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
I really appreciate your comments, as they enable us to assess the standard of our facilities and services.

I am truly delighted that you had a pleasant stay with us and enjoyed our Executive Lounge; we really appreciate the support you have provided the Hilton brand.

South Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Had an awesome 6nights at this property. Staff were very friendly & makes me feel like at home. The F&B staff were the best ever, so attentive to our needs. A big thank you to Ben(F&B supervisor) for looking after me, really appreciate it. The concierge team and the Front Desk team are the best by far.

Room Tip: high floors will gurantee you the best view.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments on this website.

I am truly delighted that you had a pleasant stay with us; we really appreciate the support you have provided the Hilton brand. I will pass your feedback to Ben in Nuevo37.

Melbourne Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Look, it's a Hilton, so you can pretty much guess what to expect when you check in. After all, isn't that what the cookie-cutter concept of hotel chains is meant to deliver? That said, there are some things about this particular cookie that are worth mentioning. Firstly, the location is ideal if you're engaged in something at the convention centre; if not, be prepared to spend a lot of time either in cabs or on foot. It's a healthy walk from the sorts of places I like to go, but if windswept desolate developments are your poison, this Hilton is for you. Service was OK, but the bar downstairs left a bit to be desired. Specifically, ambience. And warmth. And knowledgeable staff. Ok, it left a lot to be desired. Finally, a word on the views: unless you bring your own window cleaner, it doesn't matter what your view is, as you won't be able to see through the grot. This is my hometown, so I feel safe in saying the Hilton South Wharf isn't the worst place to stay, but there's much, much better. Unless you get a really cheap deal, keep looking.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. I sincerely appreciate your feedback and have discussed this with my senior management team.

With regards to your comment regarding the cleanliness of the windows we have regular scheduled maintenance, however with the unpredictable Melbourne weather, it is difficult to keep up between scheduled cleans. Cleaning of the external hotel windows commence on Monday the 27th of May.

Once again, thank you for your time. We hope to see you soon.
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I spent a week at this hotel with my teenaged daughter in March 2013 while attending a conference. My room was simply wonderful. It was the "family room" so it had a nice sized double bed right next to a single bed (both incredibly comfortable), which was just perfect for the 2 of us. It would also work very well for a couple and a child. The room was spacious and beautiful, and the bathroom was huge and lovely. The hotel itself is located within a very nice 15 minute walk of downtown, and has many restaurants and a shopping center within a 3 minute walk. The city is completely safe, and the 2 of us felt very comfortable walking all over the city both day and night. I had to go sit in the lobby for free internet, but since the lobby is so lovely, with gorgeous Aboriginal art everywhere, it wasn't that bad. One morning my daughter and I took a tour on the Great Ocean Road (with the excellent Escape Discovery Adventures group) and had to leave before any of the hotel coffee shops opened. We didn't want to pay for the full (and pricey) buffet breakfast at the hotel restaurant, but when I asked one of the servers for advice about where to grab food, she just let us take a few pastries from the buffet, and even made us up some nice coffee drinks...all for free. Super nice people, and excellent service at a gorgeous hotel. I couldn't have asked for more.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments on this website.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Melbourne South Wharf on your next visit to Melbourne!
The Villages, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

We loved the Hilton on South Wharf! Beautiful, modern hotel with a friendly, helpful staff. Our room on the 13th floor was wonderful. It had floor to ceiling windows thus the great view! The room was spacious and had a very European feel to it. The bath was fantastic! It had a soaking tub as well as a glass shower. Very, very nice. The location was wonderful. It is situated on the Yarra River and you can walk to restaurants and the trams into the city. The River area was a great place to eat, drink and relax.

Room Tip: If possible get the top floor. View is fantastic!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Melbourne South Wharf!

Been to Hilton Melbourne South Wharf? Share your experiences!