“Hooray for Hilton” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Melbourne South Wharf

You added Hilton Melbourne South Wharf to your Saves list
Hilton Melbourne South Wharf
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Convention Centre Place | South Wharf, Melbourne, Victoria 3006, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book early, up to 20% off
Ranked #15 of 158 Hotels in Melbourne
WA
“Hooray for Hilton”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

If you ask most native born Melbournians where is South Wharf? Most will look at you with blank stares.
Despite the fact that it’s only a short walk from the casino and theatre district et al. So it must have been a brave architect indeed who walked into Hilton headquarters with the plans for a new Hilton located in South Wharf, Melbourne tucked under their arm.

But we should all be glad they did.

The building is just a lovely space. Toned in a gentle autumn hue, just before it turns to winter, the building has a warm welcoming feel to it. Check in fast, efficient and friendly.

I had a room on the 21st floor- which gave a lovely view of the river. The room had a sort of cosy log cabin feel to it. It’s a large space, with a lovely bathroom which comes replete with top class toiletries. The only tiny (and I mean tiny “fault”) I could find with the room was that, over the large desk which is ideal for working at. There is no direct light. At least not one I could find.

The hotel has one large dining area. Which by day is where you eat breakfast (which, is as you’d expect from a hotel of this calibre fantastic) and I assume enjoy lunch. But by night, it morphs into a cool nightspot, where drinks and delicious tapis can be consumed alongside the rest of Melbourne’s beautiful people.

I was only here for 2 nights on business, but I really enjoyed my stay.

I will stay here again when next in Melbourne.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
HiltonSouthWharf, General Manager at Hilton Melbourne South Wharf, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments on this website.

I really appreciate your comments, as they enable us to assess the standard of our facilities and services.

I am truly delighted that you had a pleasant stay with us and enjoyed all we have to offer; we really appreciate the support you have provided the Hilton brand.

We hope to welcome you back to Hilton Melbourne South Wharf on your next trip back to Melbourne!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (593)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Stayed here in May 2013, we got upgraded to a two bedroom suite which was a nice surprise and had access to the executive lounge which was lovely. The room was perfect in every way, staff were pleasant and helpful. I would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments on this website.

I am truly delighted that you had a pleasant stay with us; we really appreciate the support you have provided the Hilton brand.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Melbourne South Wharf!
Berlin, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Stayed here for seven nights in April 2013. Everything was great: location, bedding, staff, view of the city, products in bath room, breakfast ... The smell of cigarette smoke which obviously came through ventilation was annoying. We spoke about this to staff at reception three mornings in a row. Nothing changed. On the fourth day there was eventually no smell anymore; I reckon the person who smoked in his/her bathroom must have checked-out of the hotel (hurray). From then on we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Room with a view of South Warf and city in distance
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your feedback regarding Hilton Melbourne South Wharf.

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I apologise for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay with regards to the smell of smoke in you room. I have discussed the issue with my senior management team.

We hope to welcome you back to Hilton Melbourne South Wharf on your next visit to Melbourne.
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Arrived mid evening and received a warm welcome as I have every other time I have stayed here. Received and upgrade to the Yarra Suite. This is the only Hilton that I have received an upgrade to a suite every time. As a Diamond member most Hiltons upgrade you to a higher room and rarely to a suite.

The room was well appointed, comfortable and very quiet.

The Executive Lounge is roomy and has great views and ample food and beverages. Breakfast is also worth the visit in the Lounge.

If you are at a conference at the convention centre then the hotel is well placed, but still only a short walk to South Bank.

Room Tip: High rooms with a view of South Bank so you can see the gas show at the casino every hour.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments on this website.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Melbourne South Wharf on your next trip from Canberra!
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Luxury at its best. There are only a few hotels who can balance prestige of a brand as well good old fashioned welcome home hospitality. And this has made it on my list. Physically not doubt the interior from the foyer to the rooms to the restaurant are sleek, spacious, and builds on character. Employees are well received, going out of their way to make even one night extra special. I really do appreciate staff that further build on the character of the place. Truly makes a better standard then most places. Looking forward to many more other stays with this Hotel

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments on this website.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Melbourne South Wharf!
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Enjoyed our 3 night stay, newish hotel with every convenience. disappointing though to find room smelt of previous guest smoking. Caught staff in hallway who obligingly sent someone to "spray" room with a vanilla smelling spray which just made carpet wet.
Room did not lose smoke smell over stay, should have requested another room but did not want to move with clothes already in wardrobe. Foolish decision.
Would I stay again, yes but be more forthcoming to make sure I got what I paid for, a smoke free hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms our family had were in good location in hotel complex.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review.

I genuinely apologise for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay with the smell of smoke in the room from the previous guest. I sincerely appreciate your feedback and have discussed this with my senior management team.

Once again, thank you for your time. We hope to welcome you back to Hilton Melbourne South Wharf in the future.
Robina, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Booked into this hotel overnight before boarding a cruise ship. In a convenient location right next to DFO in Melbourne. We had a great room on 13th floor with views down the river. Large room great bathroom and very comfortable bed. Quiet too, we didn't hear noise from anywhere. Buffet breakfast was good, plenty of choice. Hotel is a short walk to the main cafes and restaurants and the Crown Entertainment Complex. Skybus shuttle calls in here from the airport. Short taxi ride to the Cruise Terminal. Staff were friendly and efficient.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review!

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Melbourne South Wharf!