If you ask most native born Melbournians where is South Wharf? Most will look at you with blank stares.
Despite the fact that it’s only a short walk from the casino and theatre district et al. So it must have been a brave architect indeed who walked into Hilton headquarters with the plans for a new Hilton located in South Wharf, Melbourne tucked under their arm.
But we should all be glad they did.
The building is just a lovely space. Toned in a gentle autumn hue, just before it turns to winter, the building has a warm welcoming feel to it. Check in fast, efficient and friendly.
I had a room on the 21st floor- which gave a lovely view of the river. The room had a sort of cosy log cabin feel to it. It’s a large space, with a lovely bathroom which comes replete with top class toiletries. The only tiny (and I mean tiny “fault”) I could find with the room was that, over the large desk which is ideal for working at. There is no direct light. At least not one I could find.
The hotel has one large dining area. Which by day is where you eat breakfast (which, is as you’d expect from a hotel of this calibre fantastic) and I assume enjoy lunch. But by night, it morphs into a cool nightspot, where drinks and delicious tapis can be consumed alongside the rest of Melbourne’s beautiful people.
I was only here for 2 nights on business, but I really enjoyed my stay.
I will stay here again when next in Melbourne.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Melbourne South Wharf Hotel Melbourne
- Hilton Melbourne South Wharf Hotel
- Hilton Melbourne
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Synonymous with quality, service, and style, Hilton offers the best of Melbourne.Immerse yourself in riverside cool that is the innovative Hilton Melbourne South Wharf. This upper upscale hotel is located in dynamic South Wharf Promenade and only a short stroll to the CBD, Docklands, Southbank dining precinct and Etihad Stadium - and beside the premium DFO South Wharf. The hotel offers spectacular city views, and mouth-watering dining and drinking options at Nuevo37 restaurant and Sotano Wine + Tapas bar. It has sophisticated private event spaces, and a unique conference offering with partner Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre. •Stylish riverside hotel on South Wharf Promenade, next to DFO South Wharf•Internal access via first floor link to Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre•Executive Lounge with outdoor terrace•396 generous rooms with spectacular views of the city or bay•60 Executive rooms and 54 Yarra, Relaxation and Two-Bedroom Suites•Four-point bathrooms with Peter Thomas Roth® amenities•Sophisticated Nuevo37 restaurant•Authentic Sotano Wine + Tapas Bar•Casual all-day Caffè Cino•24-hour Hilton Fitness by Precor® ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Venere, Priceline, Travelocity, getaroom.com, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Melbourne South Wharf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.