If you have an event at the Convention Centre, this is the place to stay. From level one, you can walk directly into the convention centre (which has free wireless internet everywhere). And, it's only a short walk across the river into the central business district. The hotel is modern. The room is large, and well laid out. The bathroom is huge and has a superb shower. If you are alone, this room is perfect. the mattress and pillows are great.
However, if you are there with your partner, be aware of some oddities. For instance, the bedside switches that control the lights and bathroom night light are only on one side of the bed. So one of you might be stumbling around in the dark. Also, the bathroom door is a sliding door -- in opaque glass. Very trendy looking, but when the lights are on, the bedroom will be flooded with light too. One odd thing about the room -- there is no light near the mirror. For a woman who wants to put her makeup on, she will have to hog the bathroom (which has excellent
The fitness center is much better than you usually get in a business hotel.
The breakfast buffet is pricey (AUD $37) but it is excellent.
The hotel staff are incredibly friendly, and in a very natural, direct way. They seem truly happy to be working there.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Melbourne South Wharf Hotel
- Hilton Melbourne South Wharf Hotel Melbourne
- Hilton Melbourne
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Synonymous with quality, service, and style, Hilton offers the best of Melbourne.Immerse yourself in riverside cool that is the innovative Hilton Melbourne South Wharf. This upper upscale hotel is located in dynamic South Wharf Promenade and only a short stroll to the CBD, Docklands, Southbank dining precinct and Etihad Stadium - and beside the premium DFO South Wharf. The hotel offers spectacular city views, and mouth-watering dining and drinking options at Nuevo37 restaurant and Sotano Wine + Tapas bar. It has sophisticated private event spaces, and a unique conference offering with partner Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre. •Stylish riverside hotel on South Wharf Promenade, next to DFO South Wharf•Internal access via first floor link to Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre•Executive Lounge with outdoor terrace•396 generous rooms with spectacular views of the city or bay•60 Executive rooms and 54 Yarra, Relaxation and Two-Bedroom Suites•Four-point bathrooms with Peter Thomas Roth® amenities•Sophisticated Nuevo37 restaurant•Authentic Sotano Wine + Tapas Bar•Casual all-day Caffè Cino•24-hour Hilton Fitness by Precor® ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, getaroom.com, HotelTravel.com and Venere so you can book your Hilton Melbourne South Wharf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.