“Excellent service, lovely hotel, convenient location” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Hilton Melbourne South Wharf to your Saves list
Prices are for rooms, adults
Hilton Melbourne South Wharf
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Convention Centre Place | South Wharf, Melbourne, Victoria 3006, Australia   |
Offers & Announcements
Book Early & Save
Ranked #17 of 170 hotels in Melbourne
sydney
“Excellent service, lovely hotel, convenient location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel several times - and it continues to meet my expectations.

Great location on south Wharf just a stroll from the city on the river. Lovely rooms that are a good size. Staff are well trained and very accommodating. Highly recommended. We used the Executive lounge, which was well provisioned.

This occasion I left my jacket in my room - and when I contacted the hotel they immediately sent it to my home address - well packaged and received it the day I returned home. The staff are very efficient, and also friendly - a great combination.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
HiltonSouthWharf, General Manager at Hilton Melbourne South Wharf, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
I really appreciate your review.
Thank you ever so much for sharing your experiences with your fellow travelers
Hope to see you soon. Safe travels

1,759 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (444)
Bonn, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Excellent service in a perfect, spacy and luxurious room, would always stay again in this hotel. Friendly staff, always helpful and in a "can-do-mode". The view over the nearby river and a bath in the wonderful bathroom were amazing

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HiltonSouthWharf, General Manager at Hilton Melbourne South Wharf, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you very much for the 10/10 review.

Glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We really value your support and loyalty.

Hope to see you soon…safe travel
Stratford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

This hotel is right next to the convention center. Rooms are modern with clean lines and comfortable beds and linens. I loved the layout and the open concept bathroom. Most of the hotel has great views of the wharf but there is a little bit of a walk to the nightlife, which you'll find mostly on the weekends as you walk up the river from the hotel. Breakfast buffet was a huge spread and room service was always on time or earlier.

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you so much for the 10/10 review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Hope to see you soon. Safe travels!
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I am a fan of this hotel. I stay there for business all the time and it is quiet, walking distance to casino and some great restuants and easy access to get to the airport. Some rooms have a great view up the river once you push the button on the electronic blinds and you can watch the casino lights and fires going off all night. There is a large bar area that has some good atmosphere and there are other bars nearby. I dont eat in hotels as a rule so there is plenty of funky cool places nearby to venture to. I can stay at any hotel in Melb but i choose this one!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you ever so much for sharing your experiences with your fellow travelers. We really appreciate all your loyalty and support.
Hope to see you soon. Safe travels
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Great location next to the convention and exhibition centre for business and DFO for family shopping. Faultless service and attractive comfortable room. Breakfast and dinner in the restaurant good. Highly recommended.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HiltonSouthWharf, General Manager at Hilton Melbourne South Wharf, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your positive experiences with other fellow travels.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Stayed here with my husband on our wedding night. I had mentioned that it was our wedding night in the booking, but nothing special was done to the room, which was a little disappointing.

However, the room was lovely! Soft fluffy pillows and a lovely bed. The bathroom was amazing. The bath was great and having the door to seperate the bathroom completely from the sleeping area was such a good idea, it meant that I could run my bath while hubby was still sleeping and he didnt hear a thing!

The only thing I didnt like was that the blackout blinds would not go all the way down, so there was about a foot at the bottom of the window letting light in, which I felt defeated the purpose of having blackout blinds in the first place.

The buffet breakfast was amazing. So many selections!

I would definitely stay here again, perhaps for our one year anniversary!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I sincerely appreciate your feedback of the various services at the hotel and have discussed them with my Senior Management Team.

We were all very disappointed to read that we did not acknowledge your special day, for which I apologize. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you wish to discuss your experience further. We are always looking for constructive feedback to improve our product and services.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Recently stayed for two nights with my partner and sister. I booked a 2 bedroom suite which is a bit more pricey but got the 20% off book in advance which made it well worthwhile. I was very excited to be staying at this new Hilton.
I had a phone call from the hotel at 830pm the night before our booking asking if I would mind changing from the suite to two standard bedrooms, She said that they there would be two bathrooms and two tvs but no kitchen. I declined I had booked 3 months in advance, I initially felt a bit annoyed about a late phone call on a Friday night, but they were only asking.
Arrived at the hotel on the Saturday really excited and keen to see our suite, at check in they asked me AGAIN would I like to change to two standard rooms!!!! Unnecessary ...
The suite was fantastic huge with all the comforts and awesome views from every angle, it had 2 tv and 2 bathrooms :)
The hotel was very nice, although a little dark, the staff very friendly, would definitely be returning.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
HiltonSouthWharf, General Manager at Hilton Melbourne South Wharf, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. My sincere apologies for the disappointment you experienced with regards to being prompted to change room types. I will certainly follow this up with the Team Members involved.

Hope this incident does not change you decision to stay with us in the future.

Safe travels..
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Hilton Melbourne South Wharf? Share your experiences!