My husband and I stayed 5 nights at this Hilton while I was doing a conference next door in the convention center. We both LOVED the hotel. It is sleek and modern, but with enough warm colors and interesting art and decor to avoid a sterile look. We had a magificent view out floor-to-ceiling windows from the 14th floor of the Yarra River and the whole city. We also received a little surprise gift of wine and nuts from the manager. The bed was wonderfully comfortable, the service extremely prompt-- every employee we met was immediately friendly and helpful-- and the breakfast buffet, simply outstanding. Most of all we loved the Executive Lounge where we enjoyed free coffee, soft drinks, and snacks all day and free wine/ canapes every evening in a beautiful serene setting. Once you've decided to spend the money on a luxe hotel, there's a lot to enjoy at this one especially by spending a bit more to get the Executive room and amenities. So, what's not to love? Two quibbles, both fixable. First, the internet charge was outrageous! $145 for a week or somethig like that. Second, there is a dim-lighting theme throughout the hotel that makes all the wood and red artwork glow, but in my opinion this should not be carried over to the guest rooms... there was adequate spot-lighting for the desk and reading in bed, but we were dying for a torchiere stuck in a corner to throw a little soft light into the room. All in all though, we'd return in a heartbeat, and hope we can.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Melbourne South Wharf Hotel
- Hilton Melbourne South Wharf Hotel Melbourne
- Hilton Melbourne
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Synonymous with quality, service, and style, Hilton offers the best of Melbourne.Immerse yourself in riverside cool that is the innovative Hilton Melbourne South Wharf. This upper upscale hotel is located in dynamic South Wharf Promenade and only a short stroll to the CBD, Docklands, Southbank dining precinct and Etihad Stadium - and beside the premium DFO South Wharf. The hotel offers spectacular city views, and mouth-watering dining and drinking options at Nuevo37 restaurant and Sotano Wine + Tapas bar. It has sophisticated private event spaces, and a unique conference offering with partner Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre. •Stylish riverside hotel on South Wharf Promenade, next to DFO South Wharf•Internal access via first floor link to Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre•Executive Lounge with outdoor terrace•396 generous rooms with spectacular views of the city or bay•60 Executive rooms and 54 Yarra, Relaxation and Two-Bedroom Suites•Four-point bathrooms with Peter Thomas Roth® amenities•Sophisticated Nuevo37 restaurant•Authentic Sotano Wine + Tapas Bar•Casual all-day Caffè Cino•24-hour Hilton Fitness by Precor® ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelTravel.com and Venere so you can book your Hilton Melbourne South Wharf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.