“Convenient for a night in the city” 4 of 5 stars

Seasons Heritage Melbourne
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   572 St Kilda Rd., Melbourne, Victoria 3004, Australia   |
Ranked #94 of 158 Hotels in Melbourne
Melbourne, Australia
“Convenient for a night in the city”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at this hotel a few times and have been happy each time, although this time we were facing a lane way so no view .........even though we had been upgraded to a room with a huge sized bed. We live in the outer suburbs of Melbourne and were meeting family from interstate , so decided to stay the night in the city. We like this apartment hotel because we knew we could do our own breakfast. It is also on a tram route and very convenient for us. The cost for this night stay was reasonable. However we know depending what is on in Melbourne, prices per night can range from reasonable to rather pricey . If we needed another night in the city, we would check out this hotel first.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
SHM_Management, Manager at Seasons Heritage Melbourne, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Linda H, Thank you so much for your review. We love to hear such positive feedback, and we are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.We hope to welcome you back to our hotel next time that you’re in Melbourne!
Hotel Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I have stayed in the Seasons Heritage numerous times, with my partner and with friends. The hotel is perfect for those who are travelling with a car as it affords easy access from St. Kilda Road and doesn't require you to weave through Melbourne traffic. The rooms are of a good size, modern, clean and comfortable. There are a number of great restaurants, bars and shopping on Chapel Street in nearby Prahan.

Overall, I would recommend this accommodation.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear ModernPatriot,
Thank you for your great feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I was delighted to read you enjoyed the hotel and its facilities. We do work hard at trying to create a favourable impression and so it is always gratifying to be told when we succeed.
It was certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service and we all look forward to welcoming you again.
best regards,
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

As there are not many hotels in the Saint Kilda area, the few that are have no real incentive to improve the quality of their service. This hotel is pretty much "middle of the road" all across. Rooms are kept relatively clean, service is moderately welcoming, and prices are modestly reasonable. A few restaurants populate the area, so make sure that every day you have dinning plans at the CBD (a short 10 minute tram ride). You have the option to get a room with a kitchenette... which is good for breakfast and dinner (if you hate going out every single night).

Chapel Street is just a 20 minute walk away (shopping closes early every day).

The room I stayed at had a great view of Albert Park, so I would highly recommend getting a room on that side of the building.

Room Tip: Go to the Prahran Market. If you like cooking you will be able to do so with their awesome produce
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Claudia V,Thank you very much for your feedback and taking the time to review our hotel. We’re delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I am sure you tips will help other potential travellers.. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back again on your next visit to Melbourne.
Mornington, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I stayed for one night during Winter as was attending the football and Seasons Heritage was offering a good rate for 1 bedroom apartment.

First impressions were very good - decent size room, balcony, all facilities you could need. Even though I had read poor reviews about the car parking, the use of a car lift was a novelty and simple to use...unless you are easily flustered.

The thing that struck me was that the place looked a little dirty already even though it has not been open long. I don't mean grotty, just marks on the walls, very minor damage to fixtures, bathroom floor not mopped. Like I said not grotty but could have been cleaner.

Having said that, I would stay here again as they have quite sharp pricing, location is excellent just out of the city, the amenties are good as is the service.

Room Tip: Even though our room was right near the lift, no noise filtered through, so no worries there.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I stayed during the Australian open last year and I got a good rate of $135 especially since I booked quite late and most places were already booked out. Our room was a 1 bedroom apartment and the bedroom part was very small with a double sized bed (not queen) and a sliding door to separate it from the lounge. The service was very good as when I let them know the shower handle had come loose, it was fixed by the time we got back to our room that night. Overall it was a good stay, but maybe not the most comfortable as the sheets had a strong washing powder smell - it was good value at that time and very close to the tram station to go into the CBD. It is well equipped with a kitchenette and washing machine - I would recommend if you get a good rate.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear MiffB, Thank you for your review.I am pleased to read you enjoyed the room facilities and the hotel location. Your comment regarding the sheet is very unusual, but I have spoken to our laundry department to investigate this incident.
Your feedback is always welcome at the hotel to assist us in maintaining what we do well and improve in areas of need.
Hotel Manager
Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Well my stay here got off to a rocky start, when I realised upon arriving in Melbourne that there are now two Seasons hotels on St Kilda Rd - I had thought the Wotif deal I was booking was for the Seasons Botanic Gardens site (where I have stayed numerous times before - and through numerous name changes - so I thought the name must have been changed to Heritage).

So I was disappointed to find myself accommodated at the Heritage - which is absolutely not a patch on the Seasons Botanic Gardens.

GOOD POINTS: Apartment hotel, located on St Kilda Rd, very close to Albert Park, as well as South Yarra, St Kilda and convenient to the City. Tram Stop right outside the hotel, and car parking for my stay was included in the cost, and I found it easy to get up to the room (even if the whole Car Lift thing in a Prado had me holding my breath! - If you have a bigger vehicle do not stay here and expect your car to fit.. :) ) The kitchen was small but well stocked with utensils, and the bathroom was a good size (shower only), that had a washer and dryer too.

The rest of my review though is not glowing. Thank god I only paid $145 a night to stay here (that included mulitple entry carparking which I needed) - if I had have paid more I would have felt very ripped off.

The room I was first assigned had a prominent smoking odour (and the windows had been left open by housekeeping to try and rid the apartment of the smell), even though I had specifically mentioned a non-smoking room in my booking (and the hotel is supposed to be non-smoking). This was however quickly changed by Reception, but I had to take a smaller apartment, but this one did not have a smoking smell thank goodness.

APARTMENT: Both apartment (the first I was assigned, and the second I ended up in) were very poky and small - claustrophobic almost, with tiny areas where the kitchenette was part of the hallway to the bedroom/lounge, and low ceilings. (except the bathroom, it was a generous size). This feeling extends through the general outside hallways to the apartments too, and it is very noisy - you can clearly hear people in the hallway and also in the next room if they have their tv up loud or are up late talking (or wander back to their room at 4.30am and are laughing as what happened when I stayed there). It honestly feels like you are in a 3* Ibis hotel.

The windows are not double glazed, so you really do hear traffic noise from both St Kilda Road on the East, and Queens Road on the West. If you are a light sleeper request a room at the north side, up high.

BEDROOM: Both rooms (the original and the one I ended up with) had small double size beds - not queen, and it was fortunate my husband could not make the trip on that count as we could not have fitted in the bed! It was tiny - a marked difference to the Seasons Botanic Gardens which really is a 4.5 star property in comparison. However there was a generous built-in sliding door cupboard that had plenty of room for my bag and hanging clothes. The room in the first apartment had a separate bedroom with a proper door, the 2nd apartment only had the sliding partition "wall/doors" to block it off from the lounge - so this is fine for one person but would be annoying for two.

The sheets are very poor quality linen, however the towels in the bathroom were nice and fluffy.

The bed was also very uncomfortable, and the pillows very soft - it wasn't a great nights sleep on any of the three nights I stayed there.

KITCHENETTE: There is only a small bar fridge that was partially stocked with hotel supplied beverages, which I found annoying as I had my own food to store - I was hoping for a full size fridge with freezer so I could store chiller bricks etc.

BATHROOM: This was actually quite good, with a stand alone shower however it did not have a bath.

CLEANLINESS: The place was Tidy, but just had that feeling that it was not thoroughly cleaned, and it has many scuff and wear marks that need urgent attention. The area from the reception to the lifts is great but gives a false impression of what to expect when you head up to the floors - which are small poky dark hallways that show lots of wear and tear. The rooms also appear to have lots of wear and tear even though the apartment section of the hotel doesn't look that old. The rooms I were in did have odors - the first from cigarette smoke and a general off odor, and the second seemed like the filter on the rangehood in the kitchenette had not ever been cleaned, so had that gross stale grease smell in that area - thank goodness I couldn't smell it from the bedroom area though.

Simply put, this place is not fabulous. However if you want basic accommodation handy to multiple areas in the south of melbourne, and you can get a cheap deal, then it would be fine. Just don't expect it to be at all 4* - it is really only a 3 to 3.5* hotel.

Room Tip: Don't pay much to stay here! Quieter rooms up high to the northern side.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear Lee96, Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. There were both positive and negative feedback in your review, of which we appreciate hearing all comments. I am however disappointed to learn of the unpleasent odour in the room.We do hope that you will choose to stay with us again.
Kind regards,
Hotel Manager
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

The hotel is well-placed towards St Kilda. The tram stop outside means that everything is easily accessible. The room was clean and well presented, and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. As a bunch of guys using it as a base during our time in Melbourne, it was perfect. One slight issue may have been that there isn't much to do within walking distance if you want a meal or a drink. We'd definitely stay there again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Philking64,Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We genuinely value our customers’ comments and I’m very happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us.
We look forward to welcome you and your friends next time you come to Melbourne.