“Compact and bijou” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #97 of 171 Hotels in Melbourne
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Compact and bijou”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed for three nights in standard double, everything you needed was in the room but don't expect much space, didn't eat in restaurant as they had no vegetarian selection, staff were very helpful and were given a free nights parking for a hire car that was being returned the following morning. Also very handy for tram stops and would recommend a restaurant on other side of road which is not on trip advisor called Roscos at chevron.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
SHM_Management, Manager at Seasons Heritage Melbourne, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear Andrew V,
Thank you very much for your encouraging feedback and taking the time to review our hotel. We’re delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to welcome you back next time you’re in Melbourne!

Hotel Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

A huge disappointment. I stayed there for 4 nights with my partner.
With the Seasons in the title you would expect comfort, touches of elegance and above all cleanliness. Instead I got a dirty shower, air conditioning would not heat the cold room, torn up carpet in bedroom that badly needed a hover and an extremely uncomfortable couch. Besides that housekeeping were shocking. I guess we were lucky they actually dressed the bed very poorly but at least it was done. They left bathroom floors unswept (I have long hair), it was not hovered, surfaces were not cleaned and for me the worst part was the dishes were left sitting in the exact same spot for 2 days. I paid for a serviced room in which I would expect these as a minimum.
On one particular day I encountered house keeping and he rudely asked me something in which I did not understand. I asked him to repeat himself which he did in an a inappropriate tone that offended me. I have stayed in many different accommodation throughout the years and this is by far the worst I have encountered.

A positive is that the reception staff were very helpful, knowledgable and efficient and it close to a tram line which has a tram every few minutes to the CBD.

Extremely disappointed with a hotel brand, I would expected so much more from theSeasons.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest, I would like you to contact me direct, to speak in person about the comments you have made regarding your recent stay at the hotel. This is not an impression we want any of our guests to leave with. I can be contacted on 03 8506 8888 or om.shm@sahg.com.au.
Kind Regards,
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

I booked a 3 bedroom apartment for myself and 5 others as I was getting married on the Friday, 5 of us arrived on the first night and the 6th guest came on the second nights as it was a 3 bedroom apartment we were in need of 3 parking spaces I called to confirm this a couple of days prior which I was told was fine when I checked in I also mentioned we had 3 people parking which once again I was told was fine, when the second guests arrived and needed parking I also mentioned once again there was another person needing parking the following night which once again I was told was fine, when the 3rd guest arrived and wanted to park he was told he was not allowed to which was very disappointing especially when paying $450 per night and paying for the parking also, this was an inconvenience as I was very busy getting ready for my wedding and was not able to sort this out but after asking 3 times for this parking space I don't believe I should of had to be worrying about this other than this major disappointment the room was nice and clean and spacious. We also had a meal at the hotel restaurant which everyone enjoyed and the service was great. Overall the stay was lovely except for the parking issue.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Smithholidays1705,
Congratulations on your wedding Thanks so much for choosing our hotel for this special occasion. We genuinely appreciate both positive and constructive feedback, as we are always striving to improve the quality of service that we provide.
I was disappointed to learn that you had carparking issue during your stay. The problems that you experienced simply should not have happened, and we’ve addressed this matter with the front office staff who gave your guest the wrong information.I can affirm that this is not a common occurrence here at Seasons Heritage Melbourne and wish to apologise.
As per our phone call, I do hope this experience has not permanently marred your opinion of the Seasons Heritage Melbourne and we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

We stayed for about a week and no problems came up at all. Although our room was quite small, it was more than reasonable for the great price we paid. The hotel has a beautiful old lobby and smart modern rooms, and is located right across from a very convenient tram stop.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Eliza B, Wow! Thank you so much for your fantastic review. We love to hear such positive feedback, and we’ve passed your encouraging comments on to the team. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel next time that you’re in Melbourne!
Kind Regards
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

stayed in a standard room for 1 night. Booked it for 99$ per night. Both the hotel and the room was tastefully done. it was compact and terrfic value for money. Was surprised to have complimentary WiFi and Wine bottle, ferrero rochers, cadburys and crips were waiting for us in the room. The WiFi speed was good just one dis-advantage that only one device per room is allowed to connect to the service ! The AC, TV were pretty good and the bathroom was also compact if not spacious certainly not cramped compared to what you get for this price. would stay here all the time. The Reception staff were also friendly amd serviced with a smile.

WiFi is a big deal in most aussi hotels whereas it is as free as air in places like UK. Hence i was genuinely surprised and happy when they offerred it as complemetary and topped it up with good speed.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
SHM_Management, Manager at Seasons Heritage Melbourne, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear KarthickOne,
Thank you for your great feedback regarding your recent stay with us. It is a pleasure to know that overall you are satisfied with our product and services, especially the warm efficient service provided by our Front Desk Staff.I will proudly share it to all of our team and I’m sure it will motivate them to keep up the great work.
It was certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service and we all look forward to welcoming you again.
best regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for one night, room 629, one bedroom apartment , compact but great for our needs. Great view over Albert Park Lake. Parked on the street, it was Sat. Night so no restrictions, Lovely decor, modern. Spacious bathroom, kitchenette. My only wish would be for a Queen sized bed , it was a double. Used the safe then couldn't unlock, a very helpful young man from Reception came up straight away to open it for me. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear MichelePtlon,
Thank you so much for your five-star review!We do work hard at trying to create a favourable impression and so it is always gratifying to be told when we succeed. We have taken on board your comment regarding the bed. It was certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service and we all look forward to your next visit at Seasons Heritage Melbourne.
South Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We have stayed before and found this at the last minute again with availability. The apartment is ideal for families or travellors who want to be self contained.
Situated on St Kilda Road, it is only a short tram ride to the city centre. St Kilda beach is only a relatively short walk in the other direction, while Albert Park is in view from the room.
The service desk was very helpful on arrival and pleasingly quick to deal with customers.
The car park is on levels 2&3 requiring a car lift - fine for confident drivers in tight spots.

The room was not large but had all the essentials - kitchen with microwave, dual hotplate, bar fridge [only], bedroom wih robes, lounge with a tiny balcony and views across Melb, and an ensuite that was quite modern but small.

This location is compact but convenient as we were at a function at Crown Casino for our time in Melbourne.

There was a 7 Eleven just minutes away for last minute groceries and other items.

Tram stop was at the front of the building and ow requires a Tram card [ go to the seven Eleven to book]

Overall, convenient for the price and late booking. We were able to reach all destinations for our purposes easily.

There was NO Pool or Spa at this location. Did not see where or if there was a gym

Room Tip: corner suites have good lighting and aim for higher floors for a quiet room [ up to 13th floor]