“Great Location, Balcony Room” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Seasons Heritage Melbourne

Save Saved
You added Seasons Heritage Melbourne to your Saves list
Seasons Heritage Melbourne
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   572 St Kilda Rd., Melbourne, Victoria 3004, Australia (South Yarra)   |
Ranked #90 of 171 Hotels in Melbourne
Delacombe
“Great Location, Balcony Room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Stayed 3 nights in a 1 bedroom deluxe apartment, great views over Albert Park Lake and Port Phillip Bay, Room 1129, balcony gave fresh air into our unit, the tranquilaty is beautiful and relaxing, we appreciated these features.
The unit was clean and had all the required necessities we need. Reception staff were always polite and friendly, check-in was quick and we used valet parking,
Well worth the extra $5 per day to not have to park your own car). Overall, very happy with service and establishment.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a place to stay away from the hussle and bussle of the inner city, this is de...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Adelaide, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

We booked a 1 bedroom apartment for a great price. I expected it to be small, and it was, but at least it had an ample kitchenette which featured stove, microwave, cooking utensils and even a cheese grater and whisk!

What ruined my stay - was the small double bed which was extremely uncomfortable. I can usually sleep on anything. But I woke up every 1/2 hour and on the 4th morning I woke up with excruciating back pain that made me so ill I had to go and visit the chiropractor.

The level of cleanliness also needs to be improved. I'm not usually very observant, but when I grabbed the TV remote crumbs flew everywhere. When I put my luggage in the wardrobe, an old Geelong brochure was laying there. When I went to have a shower, dark black hairs were on the ground.

The location of the hotel is great - tram stop 26 on St Kilda Road is right outside - and its an easy 15 minutes to the CBD.

I won't be staying again until the beds are replaced! I'd stay here if you: a) don't mind small, b) your back is in excellent condition and can withstand terrible mattresses and c) you're not too picky on details.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Stayed here 2 nights, got a great deal. Stayed in a 1 bedroom deluxe room. Lounge room big, balcony included, great view of surrounds, tram line right out front of hotel and friendly staff. Just a few negatives, no furniture in the balcony to sit and enjoy the view, lounge furniture extremely hard to sit on, bedroom was a tiny room and bed was only a double and very hard, bathroom was a bit dated and looked a bit dirty. Otherwise a convenient place to stay, able to get to most locations from the hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
SHM_Management, Manager at Seasons Heritage Melbourne, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear DianneA,
Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor.Thank you for your great feedback regarding your recent stay with us. It is a pleasure to know that overall you are satisfied with our services and your allocated room.
We have taken on board your comments regarding the balcony furniture. I will pass on your suggestion to management in our next hotel managers meeting.
Kind regards,
Isabelle Caderbaccus.
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I am loathed to write a negative review about anything. But sadly, there were too many issues with this hotel. I preface my criticism with the acknowledgement that the room itself was lovely. The TV however hardly work and the air con made an awful rattling sound. A few dishes weren't washed, and put back in the cupboard. But I was happy to overlook this. I found myself needing to 'order in' a number of times. Dinner: I called the restaurant a few times but no one picked up. I ended up calling reception who put me through to order. I asked the young waitress some questions about the menu but she literally couldn't recommend one thing. Before I knew it, she put me through to the chef to answer my questions. To my surprise, even HE couldn't tell me what was nice on the menu. I had to ask whether these people actually worked for the hotel? If it wasn't so bad it would be funny. All conversations seemed very rushed, impatient and at one stage the waitress began having two conversations at once - one with a customer obviously standing before her, and one with me. I realised she was busy and just ordered the Chicken Parma for around 8pm as I had to go out of the hotel before hand. It was more than enough time. It was, by far, the WORST meal I've ever had. When it didn't arrive by 8:15pm I called down again. The same girl answered and said she thought I meant for the kitchen to 'start cooking' at 8! I asked how much longer it would take. She replied "oh we can have it done in 3 minutes". That made me suss. Besides the little black ant that ran out of my salad (yes it died soon after), the chicken was huge, hard, dry and consisted more of crumbing than bird. The tomato sauce was just that - tomato sauce from the bottle and the ham and cheese was dripping in oil. The worse thing was the smell. The dish did not smell right. It could have come from the garbage bin. In the days ahead, ordering room service was unavoidable. But basic items like toasted sandwiches were flattened like pancakes with too much cheese and a small scattering of ham - all which were cold. The continental breakfast ($17) was for a yoghurt, bowl of fruit which consisted of a few pieces of honey dew, pineapple and rockmelon - all of which weren't ripe, one cereal box, two pieces of bread and a juice. Sounds like a lot but this basic food was completely tasteless and ordinary. The fruit was hard as rocks. Little did I realise that all in-room dining incurred a fee of $4 for delivery. Absolutely not worth the money. The icing on the cake was an issue with the trundle bed. I asked to hire it around 5pm Thursday night. I was told by the desk that this was not possible because of OH&S reasons. It was explained to me that taking the trundle up two flights of stairs (the hotel lacks a lift) was against hotel policy. I asked where and when would I have been told that I could never order this trundle? There was never any mention online or in my room that level 1 rooms weren't able to hire this. I didn't get an answer, only to say that it takes many housekeepers to deliver this and now they've all gone home. I was confused. I wasn't sure what the reason was. Was it because it was dangerous or because there weren't any housekeepers around to carry it up? They suggested I book another room with a $30 discount (which would come to $130). It wasn't really prepared to pay for that, when a trundle was $55. Also, the reason relatives were stay, was for a family funeral. We all wanted to be together and one happened to be elderly. I didn't see the point staying separately. Eventually staff around the desk agreed they'd carry the trundle up themselves and I was extremely grateful for this. I do not understand their original explanation. It all tied into a weird stay. The reception staff were lovely. A little inflexible but nice enough. And despite the food, both the chef and the waitress were actually quite sweet. It just sounds like a complete schmozzle and they were very disorganised. But I simply can not go past the food. A trip down to the 7-11 would have been better for my health and stress levels. Sadly, it's why I felt compelled to write on TripAdvisor.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear AllyG,Thanks for posting your review on TripAdvisor.First of all I would like to apologise for the standard of service you have received during your stay. I was particularly disappointed to hear about the problem you encountered with our food and Beverage department . I have filtered your feedback to our Food and Beverage Manager regarding such inappropriate behaviour. My team and I strive to deliver an exceptional guest experience and please be assured this is not the high level of service we take pride in.
I welcome you to contact me on 03 85068888 to discuss your complaint further.
Regards,

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed in the room for one night and was quite happy with the room layout. On the Sunday morning had the housekeeper knock on door at 10.00 am even though it was 11.00 am check out.We left the room and the housecleaner was standing there waiting for us to get out door. By the time I reached the car I realised I had left my one month old mobile phone on bed. Went straight back to reception and told them how phone was on bed. They said it was not there. House cleaner was in room and said she could not see it. It was definitely on bed so where could it have gone in that two minutes between us leaving the room and going back up there.Obviously something untrustworthy with this situation. The rooms are not very big and did not see any black holes in there. I would be extremely cautious with your valuables in this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Alwaysbest11,
Thanks for posting your review on Tripadvisor. I am happy to read you have enjoyed your allocated room and part of your stay with us.I am sorry to hear that you have lost your phone.
Both Housekeeping Manager and the front office staff have looked for your phone before the bed was made and the housekeeper who cleaned your room was questioned and searched.I can guarantee you that the housekeeper has not taken the phone.We receive a lot of valuable left at the hotel and we always contact the guest and return the valuable.
If you wish to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly on 03 8506 8888.
Regards
Brisbane
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Spent a week in a 1 bedroom apartment. First - A few negatives.The TV was really fiddly and the remote control touchy. Air con didn't work that well. Kitchette could use hand towel / paper towels / dish washing liquid. That said - I loved my apartment, and the bed was the most comfortable I've slept in. Room was serviced every day. Reception staff were very helpful and friendly. Room service food wasn't edible, so would avoid that during my future stays. Overall - a great spot, and I'll be happy to go back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear WorkerBrisbane,
First of all thank you for posting your great review on TripAdvisor.
I was delighted to read you enjoyed your overall stay at the hotel. It was certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service and we all look forward to welcoming you again.
Kind Regards,
Operations Manager.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

We had a Very bad experience with one of the housekeepers, when I pointed out the coffee cup still has very obvious stains, she looks very angry and throw the cup in the dishwasher, I told her we are just about to have coffee so we need the cup, so she went to the bathroom get a shampoo tube and washed that cup with shampoo......I'm speechless.

Bed is VERY VERY small even for one person, other facilities are well maintained.

Reception staff are fatalistic, friendly and helpful. Trams stop just outside hotel entrance. Hot Breakfast is nice, but continental breakfast was inadequate when we were there.

Overall not bad value for money. Paid $150/night

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
SHM_Management, Manager at Seasons Heritage Melbourne, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Exp E,Thanks for posting your review on TripAdvisor. I was particularly disappointed to hear about the problem you encountered with our housekeeper. I have filtered your feedback to our Executive Housekeeping Manager regarding such inappropriate behaviour. My team and I strive to deliver an exceptional guest experience and please be assured this is not the high level of service we take pride in. I welcome you to contact me on 03 85068888 to allow me to investigate this incident.
Regards
Hotel Manager

Been to Seasons Heritage Melbourne? Share your experiences!