“Sad end to a nice weekend.” 3 of 5 stars

Seasons Heritage Melbourne
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   572 St Kilda Rd., Melbourne, Victoria 3004, Australia   |
Ranked #97 of 171 Hotels in Melbourne
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“Sad end to a nice weekend.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed in the room for one night and was quite happy with the room layout. On the Sunday morning had the housekeeper knock on door at 10.00 am even though it was 11.00 am check out.We left the room and the housecleaner was standing there waiting for us to get out door. By the time I reached the car I realised I had left my one month old mobile phone on bed. Went straight back to reception and told them how phone was on bed. They said it was not there. House cleaner was in room and said she could not see it. It was definitely on bed so where could it have gone in that two minutes between us leaving the room and going back up there.Obviously something untrustworthy with this situation. The rooms are not very big and did not see any black holes in there. I would be extremely cautious with your valuables in this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
SHM_Management, Manager at Seasons Heritage Melbourne, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Alwaysbest11,
Thanks for posting your review on Tripadvisor. I am happy to read you have enjoyed your allocated room and part of your stay with us.I am sorry to hear that you have lost your phone.
Both Housekeeping Manager and the front office staff have looked for your phone before the bed was made and the housekeeper who cleaned your room was questioned and searched.I can guarantee you that the housekeeper has not taken the phone.We receive a lot of valuable left at the hotel and we always contact the guest and return the valuable.
If you wish to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly on 03 8506 8888.
I look forward to hear from you soon.
Regards
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Brisbane
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Spent a week in a 1 bedroom apartment. First - A few negatives.The TV was really fiddly and the remote control touchy. Air con didn't work that well. Kitchette could use hand towel / paper towels / dish washing liquid. That said - I loved my apartment, and the bed was the most comfortable I've slept in. Room was serviced every day. Reception staff were very helpful and friendly. Room service food wasn't edible, so would avoid that during my future stays. Overall - a great spot, and I'll be happy to go back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear WorkerBrisbane,
First of all thank you for posting your great review on TripAdvisor.
I was delighted to read you enjoyed your overall stay at the hotel. It was certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service and we all look forward to welcoming you again.
Kind Regards,
Operations Manager.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

We had a Very bad experience with one of the housekeepers, when I pointed out the coffee cup still has very obvious stains, she looks very angry and throw the cup in the dishwasher, I told her we are just about to have coffee so we need the cup, so she went to the bathroom get a shampoo tube and washed that cup with shampoo......I'm speechless.

Bed is VERY VERY small even for one person, other facilities are well maintained.

Reception staff are fatalistic, friendly and helpful. Trams stop just outside hotel entrance. Hot Breakfast is nice, but continental breakfast was inadequate when we were there.

Overall not bad value for money. Paid $150/night

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
SHM_Management, Manager at Seasons Heritage Melbourne, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Exp E,Thanks for posting your review on TripAdvisor. I was particularly disappointed to hear about the problem you encountered with our housekeeper. I have filtered your feedback to our Executive Housekeeping Manager regarding such inappropriate behaviour. My team and I strive to deliver an exceptional guest experience and please be assured this is not the high level of service we take pride in. I welcome you to contact me on 03 85068888 to allow me to investigate this incident.
I look forward to hear from you soon.
Regards
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Stayed here for one night in a 1 Bedroom apartment. Apartment was a good size, balcony overlooked St. Kilda Rd towards the beer garden. The room lacked a few things you'd expect like iPod dock, DVD player and TV didn't have a great selection of channels. Check in staff were friendly and there was plenty of car parking across the street. Location isn't great because your not walking distance to much apart from Albert park. For the price it's not bad but think i'd try somewhere else next time.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have the best views
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Aussie_MuTT
Thank you for your review.It is a pleasure to know that you were satisfied with the warm efficient service provided by our Front Desk Staff.I will proudly share it to all of our team.
I have taken on board your comment regarding more appliances in the room.I will pass your suggestion in our next hotel managers meeting..
Thank you once again for taking the time to share your experience and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next Melbourne visit.
warm regards,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

Flight Centre in Cairns arranged this accommodation. We had a one bedroom apartment at the back overlooking Albert Park. Right on a tram stop. Very clean and though not huge it was heaps better than a hotel room. Can't say enough about the standard of service at reception. They were really helpful in regards to directing us around the city. We'll stay here next time.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Travellin'R,

Thanks for your review.I am pleased to read that you have enjoyed your allocated room and the standard of service you have received.I will surely pass on this great comment to the team.It was certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service.Please do come back and stay with us again when you are next in Melbourne.And remember to mention you are a return guest for an exclusive deals.
Kind regards,
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

This was a business my trip to Melbourne..This is value for money hotel...well maintained...right on St Kilda road...close proximity to Chapel Street and public transport...The staff are courteous...cute small rooms....you have all facilities that you can expect in your home....nothing was inconvenient..health club is also available...Food is not bad..Things that could have been better are a bigger balcony, air conditioner in the bedroom...Nothing of high end...just basic and all facilities are made available....Room service is also good...Overall had no complaints during my stay...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
SHM_Management, Manager at Seasons Heritage Melbourne, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Dear Santosh M,
Thank you for your great feedback regarding your recent stay with us. It is a pleasure to know that overall you have enjoyed your stay and were satisfied with our product and services. It was certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service and we all look forward to welcoming you again.

warm regards
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Very small rooms, but has a basic kitchen,quite area and located near the trams, very handy. Staff very helpful. One bad point, we booked 6 months ago and asked for a twin share and one double, ended up with 2 doubles,We paided for this request and were told originally they did not receive info from flight centre, then they told me we do not guarantee twin share, if you make a booking 6 months ago and pay for it, why advertise twin share when you are not going to guarantee this? they then charged us $20 to clean the room we were in for 30 mins!!! before they found us another room with spilt beds.How silly is this practice..Also was a dead month in the room for 3 days and it smelt like cigarette smoke from previous tennent

Room Tip: rooms small and basic, nice to have a small kitchen. happy hour great,nice champagne.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Cheryl,
Thanks for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.
I am sorry to hear that you had issues with your initial allocated room. Unfortunately the hotel has not received the twin setting request from flight center. I understand you have contacted flight center and they have re confirmed with us that they didn't receive any twin bedding request.The hotel does not advertise and guarantee twin bed as we only have few rooms with this configuration.However if we did receive your twin bed request and we had the availability, we would definitely have allocated you in a twin bed room.I am happy though that the front office staff were able to room move you into a twin bed room.
I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon. Please give me a call directly so my team and I can best accommodate your needs.
warm regards,
Hotel Manager

Been to Seasons Heritage Melbourne? Share your experiences!