“Great hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #100 of 171 Hotels in Melbourne
Worthing
“Great hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I stayed in a one bedroom apartment for two weeks so that I could attend two family weddings. The apartment was great - comfortable bedroom, clean modern bathroom with a washing machine & tumble dryer, kitchen area with fridge & microwave and sitting room with TV and balcony. WiFi is extra but not too bad. I just booked it for the whole two weeks along with the room.
The breakfast was good but I couldn't eat there in the evening because the restaurant menu did not cater for vegetarians (which is why I have given it 4 starts instead of 5).
There is a tram stop right outside the hotel which takes you to the beach in one direction or the city centre in the other. The Prahan market is within waking distance and definitely worth a visit.
Try to book a room as high up in the hotel as possible to benefit from the balcony because there is an office block next door.

Room Tip: Try to book a room as high up in the hotel as possible to benefit from the balcony because there is...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
SHM_Management, Manager at Seasons Heritage Melbourne, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Dear Koala_ girlworthing,thanks for taking the time to write this great review on TripAdvisor.I am glad to read you have enjoyed your allocated room and the location of the hotel. I am sure your recommendations will be useful for future potential guests.I have passed on your comment in regards to the vegetarian option at the hotel to our Executive Chef .
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future in Seasons Heritage Melbourne.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Geelong, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here as a last minute resort on new Years eve.. got a free upgrade to a one bedroom apartment which was lovely. Room had everything you need.. dishwasher, microwave, cooking utensils, even a dryer and washing machine! Staff were nice and friendly too. Would definitely stay here again. Tram stop across the road that goes into the city too. Great value for what you pay!

• Stayed January 2013
SHM_Management, Manager at Seasons Heritage Melbourne, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear rmdre,
Great Review!!! I am very pleased that you were pleasantly surprised with the choice of hotel. It sounds like you had a fabulous stay with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in Melbourne.
Warm regards
Isabelle Caderbaccus.
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I usually stay at the Seasons Botanic Gardens, which is also an excellent hotel, but I wanted to try the Seasons Heritage which had more reasonable rates. Well, what a delightful surprise. The rooms were very modern, well laid out and the staff were extremely helpful. It is disconcerting to arrive at what looks like a small well cared for home. In fact this beautiful house is just the lobby and lobby restaurant and the hotel is a modern tower that stands "behind" the house and has wonderful views. The rooms are very modern an beautifully finished. There is a washer and dryer as well as an "efficiency" kitchen. There is a coffee maker for those who just want a quick coffee for breakfast. As I was there on business I found the desk and chair a welcome addition. The bed is actually in a small space with frosted glass sliding doors to close it off from the room. The bathroom is quite modern, but very functional. The lobby restaurant has an excellent breakfast as well as simple and tasty meals for lunch and dinner. It is on the excellent Melbourne tram line and there is a small store nearby that sells day passes for the tram.

Room Tip: Tell the front desk what is important to your (view, sunlight, quiet) and they will accommodate you...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Careful_One,
Thank you for taking the time to write your "Delightful and Reasonable with Great Location" review.
The hotel and restaurant staff will be very pleased to hear your comments, of which will certainly be passed on.
We look forward to welcome you back to Seasons Heritage Melbourne n the near future.
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

For my requirements, I found this hotel best in Melbourne. It was very close to my office, walking distance.
Extremely cosy bed, small kitchenette, nice rooms. Bathroom was surprisingly bigger, almost 1/2 of my room size. All products kept in bathrrom were of high quality. There was a gym too but I could not use it.

Close to this are a few Indian restaurants, which helped me to arrange my dinners.

Room Tip: I had a room at the rear side, hardly had any view. But my colleague had a front view room. It was a...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Wanderer_GS,
Thank you for your great feedback regarding your recent stay.
Wonderful to hear!!!!! I am very pleased to read that SEASONS HERITAGE MELBOURNE is the Best in Melbourne for you.
Please, do come back and stay again, when you are next in Melbourne.
Warm regards,
Isabelle Caderbaccus.
Adelaide, South Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I got a room for under $100.
It was the smallest room I have been in for a long time, but it was clean, well appointed and had everything I needed for an overnight stay. I am glad I didst need to spread out or do any work in the room as that may have been a little challenging.

I received one of the friendliest reception greetings I have ever received.

Nearby dinning options are a little limited although the Belgium Beer Garden across the road was a great place to wind down.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear aussieAl_61,
Thanks for posting your review of your recent stay in Seasons Heritage Melbourne.It is a pleasure to know that overall you were satisfied with our pricing, location and services, especially the warm service provided by our Front Desk Staff.
Our Express room are smaller rooms for overnight stay and I am happy it was everything you needed for a quick trip.
It was certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service and we all look forward to welcoming you again.
warm regards
Canberra
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

The room looked quite modern and nice, but on closer inspection and experience, the walls were scuffed, couch and bed rock hard, was no doona cover, our room service trays were not removed during daily housekeeping, the lack of shower door resulted in water all over the floor, and we had an ironing board, but no iron.
Overall disappointed, but it was cheap. Get what you pay for I suppose.

• Stayed November 2012
SHM_Management, Manager at Seasons Heritage Melbourne, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear Ally,
Thanks for taking the time to write your review of your recent stay at Seasons Heritage Melbourne.
I am very sorry to read that we disappointed you with part of your stay and I would like to apologise for this. I have taken on board your comments regarding the standard of maintenance and houskeeping service you received at the hotel.
I can assure you that the service of this standard is not the norm and please be assured that we have plans in place to address the maintenance issues in the near future.
I would like to invite you to stay with us so you can truly experience the boutique-ness of the hotel.
Please give me a call directly so my team and I can best accommodate your needs.

Wakefield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed here for the weekend two weeks ago with friends and found the appartment to be comfortable and clean. The bed I slept in was comfortable and there was plenty of room for two !! One small complaint; only two mugs so we couldn't all have a nice reviving cuppa in the morning !! Very handy for the tram with direct routes into the city or to St Kilda. The receptionists we met were all friendly and helpful.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear LizG10959,
Thank you for your review, it is great to read that you enjoyed the room and the staff were helpful during your stay.
Seasons Heritage Melbourne is handy to all that Melbourne has to offer, and our trams are the easiest way to see it all.
I have taken on board your comment regarding the mug and we have a plan in place to put more mugs in our rooms.
Thank you once again for taking the time to share your experience and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next Melbourne visit.
Hotel Manager

Been to Seasons Heritage Melbourne? Share your experiences!