“A vegetarian's delight” 5 of 5 stars

Shop 9A 26 Elizabeth St, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia
1300 667 552
Website
Improve this listing
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Takeout
Boronia, Victoria, Australia
“A vegetarian's delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I only found out last year that it was vegetarian and was delighted. Now I can finally sate my burger cravings.
The staff are friendly and helpful. The stores are always immaculate and clean.
The burgers are amazing and I find the chips are really good and even the sauces are delicious. I end up being quite full after a mini combination and can't finish it.
It's fairly priced.
I took a non-vegetarian friend to it before NYE and she freaked out thinking it was meat and I had to reassure her it was all vegetarian.
I like my chips soft, I never enjoy eating hard chips, so I find LoTF is great this way.
The reasons why it's so good:
1. Everything is vegetarian
2. Everything can be veganised
3. It seems to be a company that is ethically responsible
4. It's conveniently located in several locations around Melbourne.
5. The burgers come in mini sized
They change their menu up monthly and add a new burger and sauce.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Korean first
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“horrid”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

So my boyfriend and myself have had been out all day and needed some food as we were starving. For 1 where does it say that its vegeterian. Missleading. And after the first bite aside from all the grease we were trying to figure out why it was sooooo discusting. Surely noone can get it that wrong. We actually quit like veggie food but this is discusting. Bread greasy. Patty soft and mushy. Chips Dry uncooked Like they have been microwaved and the onion rings soggy aswell. Maybe all the sauce they chucked over them. Overpriced Majorly!!!! Never ever ever ever will i be going back. Cant see why there are good reviews on this place. Its a shame for people that are vegan or vegetarian to only have fast food options such as this.

• Visited January 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Brisbane
“Sloppy, greasy, not tasty”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I thought this place was an institution, for whom I'm not sure. The staff were nice, but the chips were soggy, greasy and the oil must have been dirty. Yuck, Mc Donald chips, Red Rooster chips much much better.

Visited April 2012
Australia
“We love Lord of the Fries!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Here are the reasons why it's good:
1) it's vegetarian
2) everything can be veganised
3) the company seems to be ethically responsible
4) it's conveniently located around Melbourne (just wish franchises were elsewhere!)

This place is brilliant, as vegetarians it's fantastic to have a fast food place with typical burger and fries - yes I know it's not the most healthy but sometimes you just feel like it! Most people who aren't vegetarian don't realise it is - we have unintentionally tricked a few friends this way. I wish every restaurant was like this, people probably wouldn't notice if they used fake meat.

My only complaint is that sometimes the staff get a little too enthusiastic with the sauce and smother the chips, which makes them soggy. I have started asking for sauce on the side to avoid this. I've also found some sauces are better than others - their satay is average, but the new spinach one is great!

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne
“Vegetarian answer to White Castles...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

If you've seen the movie, their mini burgers will remind you of them... My favorite is their toronto hotdogs and spicy burger

Visited January 2013