“Yummy!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Melba at The Langham Melbourne

Melba at The Langham Melbourne
1 Southgate Avenue | The Langham, Southbank, Melbourne, Victoria 3006, Australia (Southbank)
(61) (3) 8696 8888
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #109 of 4,199 Restaurants in Melbourne
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Buffet, Late Night
Neighborhood: Southbank
Sydney, Australia
“Yummy!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

If you like deserts there is a large selection of sweets, cakes, chocolate fountain and endless other desserts, the seafood is fresh and delicious, carvery and curry is mediocre, but everything else was great to look at and to eat. Service was good, and value for money was good. Would definitely eat there again.

Visited June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Sydney, Australia
“Too expensive”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Too expensive, waiter could not speak English, only OK food, large, noisy. Make the effort and go out. There are better restaurants on the South Bank.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne, Australia
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel, it was amazing. It is beyond 5 star But it lets itself down by the Melba Cafeteria. I found it no different to going to a smorgasbord, they have tried to put an upmarket slant on it by using words such as " workstations" . People were linng up 15 deep just to have naan bread made for them. I was soooo disappointed. I imagined a much smaller place and more intimate. If you like eating that style then it is probably good, however we like to eat civilised and together, due to all the waiting times at each station we never ate anything at the same time, that is not what dining is about. When we checked out the next day we were hit with a $280 dollar bill, $66 of that was a bottle of wine. I felt totally ripped off. I know they tell ou upfront how much it will be But the food is certainly not 5 star. It is noisy and chaotic.

Visited May 2013
Singapore, Singapore
“Very average quality for a very high price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Service was extremely slow even though they were not very busy. Food quality was very average for the prices they charge.

Visited June 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Breakfast Review: Lots of Options!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We enjoyed breakfast at Melba as part of our accommodation package at the Langham. Overall, the buffet breakfast did not disappoint. There is a large variety of cold and hot breakfast choices, including cereal, eggs cooked to order (can recommend the omelette) and then lots of sweet options including a chocolate fountain! While gluten free is not to my taste, there was a whole section of gluten free treats which looked quite good! My first cup of tea was lukewarm, but my second was lovely, so I won't complain too much! We also had our two year old son with us who made quite a mess, and thankfully the staff didn't mind too much! There were no other children there and I don't think this is the most child friendly place, probably more suited to couples and those traveling for business! I'd be reluctant to pay $40 per person for breakfast there, but that's because I know that there are lots of great cafes in Melbourne that could do just as good a breakfast doe half the price!

• Visited June 2013