“Chocolate heaven.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Chokolait Hub

Chokolait Hub
Shop 8, Hub Arcade, 318 Lt Collins Street | Emporium Shop 342, 287 Lonsdale St, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia
+61 3 9639 6188
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 4,170 Restaurants in Melbourne
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Dessert, Ice Cream, Fondue
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
Description: One of Melbourne's most highly acclaimed chocolate salons serving genuine Belgian chocolate beverages, desserts and of course chocolates.Family owned with most products made in our own on-site kitchen with artisan care and fine attention to detail. Warm, relaxed and friendly and open virtually every day of the year and located near major department stores near the Bourke Street Mall in central Melbourne.
“Chocolate heaven.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

As a chocolate lover, this place was high priority on my Melbourne to-do list. The Cafe is situated in a nice Arcade area just off one of the main streets. The menu was thorough and you'd struggle not to have 5 choices you'd love to try. My white chocolate milkshake was incredible and the warm chocolate mud cake with cream and strawberries was the best I've ever had. A must do.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
chokstar, Owner at Chokolait Hub, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Hi there and thanks for taking the time to write a review, it is much appreciated and we are very pleased that your enjoyed your Iced White Milkshake and indeed our almost "world famous" Chokolait Mud cake, Hope to see you again soon and take care,
Ross/Owner/Chokolait.

Patong, Thailand
“The chocolate here is to die for”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

What an amazing place that i happened to stumble across on a trip to Melbourne last month!
We had the mud cake and the mousse, which were both beautifully presented and tasted amazing...

Visited August 2013
chokstar, Owner at Chokolait Hub, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
HI, thanks for stopping by during your visit to beautiful Melbourne town, we are very pleased you enjoyed the Mousse and Mud cake and thank you very much for taking the time to write a review, much appreciated,
Regards, Ross/Owner/Chokolait
“Great food, great service, great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

The hot chocolate is amazing!! Delicious, thick, hot...The mousse cake is to die for...The pavlova cake is heaven. The staff are really nice as well!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
chokstar, Owner at Chokolait Hub, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Hi Justine, Thanks for your very kind review, we are very happy that you enjoyed your Chokolait experience with us and we hope to see you again soon.
Sydney, Australia
“Delicious warm mud cake”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I had a warm mud cake here which was amazing, with some green tea. Although pricy i did notice their chocolate was of a amazing quality, as i tend to only consume dark chocolate.
Its a shame they are located in a less than great location, some of their surrounding shops really make the location appeal far less than it should be.
I would definitely return though.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
chokstar, Owner at Chokolait Hub, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
HI and thanks for your kind review, we try constantly to have the shops around us improve their presentation but unfortunately we are not getting a lot of co-operation so we have to focus on what we do and make sure we do it consistently well so your comments on our Mud cake are much appreciated.
Take care,
Melbourne, Australia
“Best hot chocolate ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

This has become our go-to place whenever we are in the CBD, which lately has been every weekend!

Chokolait is a hidden gem and well worth looking for. If there is a long line, just wait it out- it is worth it!

They have the BEST hot chocolate in all of Melbourne and probably in all of Australia. Possible even in all of the world! No joke. This is what hot chocolate is supposed to be: rich, creamy, decadent.

I also have to recommend the warm chocolate mud cake. Unlike most cafe cakes, which are dried out and tasteless, this cake is the moistest, sweetest, most scrumptious cake ever. It is very rich, so we usually share one, but I could probably manage to eat a whole one myself because it is just so good I can't stop shovelling it in my mouth. I even had to take my coat to the dry cleaners the other week because I had been too enthusiastic about stuffing my face with warm mud cake. That's how good it was. I sacrificed my favourite white coat for that cake.

The only negative thing I can say is that there is one girl there who has terrible math skills. After being charged different prices on different occasions for the same items, we now double check what we have been charged. It doesn't happen often, just when this one particular girl is ringing up the register (I don't know her name), but we still always know before ordering what the total should be so that we don't accidentally get overcharged. Aside from that little flaw, the staff is great and the owner is a very personable, friendly guy.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
chokstar, Owner at Chokolait Hub, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
HI and thanks for your very positive review, sorry to hear about your coat but in the chocolate world that can only be a good thing, also, thanks very much for bringing to my attention the "math girl", we will review carefully with all our staff to ensure this annoying issue is resolved.

We make all our cakes on site and our kitchen is constantly working to ensure our cakes are the freshest and most delicious at all times so your kind comments are also much appreciated by our Chefs.

Kind regards and hope to see you and your coat again soon,