“Very comfortable stay right in the center of Melbourne city” 5 of 5 stars
Review of RACV City Club

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Melbourne
RACV City Club
You added RACV City Club to your Saves list
Racv Club Members Only | 501 Bourke St, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia (Melbourne CBD)   |
Ranked #10 of 111 Specialty Lodging in Melbourne
melbourne
“Very comfortable stay right in the center of Melbourne city”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

We spent two nights here on our wedding anniversary. This place has the ambience of a club house as it brings back memory of early Melbourne city life. The restaurants in the club house serve excellent food and is not overpriced. Staff is very helpful and friendly. The advantage of this hotel is its location. Everything in the city including central business district, entertainment areas, sport centers, university, shopping centers, city trams and railways station are within walking distance. There is no luxury here but it is very comfortable and clean. We had two memorable nights here.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Geelong, Victoria, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I have stayed here a number of times and always request Bourke St so I can look down on the trams. The other day I booked for a Tuesday night, and the clerk suggested that I get early check-in as they don't have many rooms full on a Monday night.

I arrived early on the Tuesday and the desk gave me early check-in. I thought this was nice of them, although I didn't really need it as I was going to be out most of the day. Imagine my disappointment to see the room. Room 302 has no view of Bourke St and looks out over the roof. I spoke to the desk about it later in the day, and the response was 'Well you asked for Bourke St.'

I also checked the breakfast list the next day and found that there were plently of unused rooms on floor 3 as well. So I thought that assigning me this room was pretty poor all in all.

The interior of the room was as usual very nice. I agree with another reviewer about the coffee at breakfast - a latte would be nice.

Another tip for breakfast. The wait staff seem to want to cram you in like sardines. Just ask for another table a bit further away from the hussle and bussle.

Room Tip: Don't stay in room 301 and 302.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

This hotel never fails to satisfy for regular business trips to Melbourne city.

The rooms are large and comfortable, with huge beds and baths. I actually look forward to the baths here, as they're so large and comfortable.

The hotel is in a fantastic location for both business and shopping, and is always my first choice for any trip here, as you always know that you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the racv club long weekend. Room was nice, clean with a king bed. Staff and service were impeccable. The buffet breakfast was awesome. The only little criticism is that expresso coffee not included in buffet. Most hotels of racv standard include this. Overall very nice experience

• Stayed June 2013
Orbost
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

RACV club Melbourne is a home away from home. Being from the country we are always looking for good quality accommodation in the CBD. We had a beautiful furnished and clean room on level 6. The breakfast was fantastic with a wide variety of hot/ cold foods. And the service throughout our stay was first class from reception, to breakfast to the valet parking. Although not a cheap place to stay in the CBD I would still highly recommend the RACV club for anyone looking for CBD accommodation.

• Stayed May 2013
Denpasar, Bali, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

It is always nice to return to Melbourne and revisit our beautiful Club. As always, there was plenty of action in the main drag of the Burke St Lobby and it more or less inspired me to stay for dinner. I was greeted by the Host wearing a vest shortly after I presented my self in front of the "please wait to be seated" sign. It was shortly after 7pm and I was led to banker seating zone just behind concierge. It must have been the eye of the storm because as I distracted my self with their vegetarian options, the section filled to the rim with out notice. My Veggie burger was nice but I am saddened to report that there was a variety of service short falls. The table next to me ordered 5 minutes after I did and their order consisted of a normal burger and a Veggie burger - much to my obvious disappointment, their order came in FIRST, considering they had to cook a meat burger which I assume and according to standard must be cooked well done! When I questioned my server - she and the two Supervisors on the floor knew exactly that there was something wrong. To keep me at ease, the waiter came back to me and said that the kitchen was just plating my order and that it should arrive in a moment...5 minutes later - my order arrived ( the longest plating effort in gastronomical history). I could sense that there is a misbalance in the heart of house as the delay for my order was never made clear to me. I then moved up to the wine bar and ordered a green tea and much to my surprise, I found an entire world of bliss with attentive service in a less stressing environment. What a delight this was - the bar tender was a worldly girl from New Castle NSW and worked that bar with passion and with the true meaning of service. Thank you very much for restoring my faith back to my beloved club. It is not often I visit as I reside permanently abroad, but when I do return, I alway cherish my experiences at the RACV.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

An excellent dining room with a great selection and delicious food. Perfect place for a business lunch. The wait staff are incredibly good - every one of them. Lunch special included a seared atlantic salmon fillet with soba noodles - excellent. I'm thinking I better join this club. Too good to have in your own backyard and not use.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to RACV City Club? Share your experiences!