“Great central hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of RACV City Club

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Melbourne
RACV City Club
501 Burke St., Melbourne, Victoria, Australia (Melbourne CBD)   |
Ranked #26 of 171 hotels in Melbourne
Sydney, Australia
“Great central hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

This hotel never fails to satisfy for regular business trips to Melbourne city.

The rooms are large and comfortable, with huge beds and baths. I actually look forward to the baths here, as they're so large and comfortable.

The hotel is in a fantastic location for both business and shopping, and is always my first choice for any trip here, as you always know that you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

81 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the racv club long weekend. Room was nice, clean with a king bed. Staff and service were impeccable. The buffet breakfast was awesome. The only little criticism is that expresso coffee not included in buffet. Most hotels of racv standard include this. Overall very nice experience

• Stayed June 2013
Orbost
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

RACV club Melbourne is a home away from home. Being from the country we are always looking for good quality accommodation in the CBD. We had a beautiful furnished and clean room on level 6. The breakfast was fantastic with a wide variety of hot/ cold foods. And the service throughout our stay was first class from reception, to breakfast to the valet parking. Although not a cheap place to stay in the CBD I would still highly recommend the RACV club for anyone looking for CBD accommodation.

• Stayed May 2013
Denpasar, Bali, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

It is always nice to return to Melbourne and revisit our beautiful Club. As always, there was plenty of action in the main drag of the Burke St Lobby and it more or less inspired me to stay for dinner. I was greeted by the Host wearing a vest shortly after I presented my self in front of the "please wait to be seated" sign. It was shortly after 7pm and I was led to banker seating zone just behind concierge. It must have been the eye of the storm because as I distracted my self with their vegetarian options, the section filled to the rim with out notice. My Veggie burger was nice but I am saddened to report that there was a variety of service short falls. The table next to me ordered 5 minutes after I did and their order consisted of a normal burger and a Veggie burger - much to my obvious disappointment, their order came in FIRST, considering they had to cook a meat burger which I assume and according to standard must be cooked well done! When I questioned my server - she and the two Supervisors on the floor knew exactly that there was something wrong. To keep me at ease, the waiter came back to me and said that the kitchen was just plating my order and that it should arrive in a moment...5 minutes later - my order arrived ( the longest plating effort in gastronomical history). I could sense that there is a misbalance in the heart of house as the delay for my order was never made clear to me. I then moved up to the wine bar and ordered a green tea and much to my surprise, I found an entire world of bliss with attentive service in a less stressing environment. What a delight this was - the bar tender was a worldly girl from New Castle NSW and worked that bar with passion and with the true meaning of service. Thank you very much for restoring my faith back to my beloved club. It is not often I visit as I reside permanently abroad, but when I do return, I alway cherish my experiences at the RACV.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

An excellent dining room with a great selection and delicious food. Perfect place for a business lunch. The wait staff are incredibly good - every one of them. Lunch special included a seared atlantic salmon fillet with soba noodles - excellent. I'm thinking I better join this club. Too good to have in your own backyard and not use.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We had a special function at the RACV City Club this weekend and decided to stay the night in a retreat room. All I can say is this club has really got it right, everything from the guy who met us at check-in to the wait staff in the restaurant were just fabulous. The rooms having everything including a bed that is just heavenly to sleep in, great in room facilities, very quiet and dark for sleeping. As we had a room in the retreat area we had access to the lounge that served canapés and drinks from 5.30 to 7.30PM each night, all day coffee and tea and continental breakfast. If you want a room in central Melbourne with free parking and great amenities this is the place to come.

Room Tip: Book early the rooms fill quickly
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Phillip Island, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We were spending a couple of days in the city and due to location, car parking and all round attention to detail we decided to stay at the RACV City Club. Coffee was enjoyed in the lounge downstairs, in that area there was availability to charge my iPhone due to not bringing my charger.
Rooms are extremely comfortable, and our breakfast was exceptional.
The facilities available for guests include a library, gym, and another lounge available for a quiet cuppa and catch up.
For those who like Tripe, the RACV club have a Tripe Club which as lunches with guest speakers four times a year.

Room Tip: Even though we chose a room facing the street it was quieter than being at the back due to air condi...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to RACV City Club? Share your experiences!